Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

very nice!

#22 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hip, the second flush off the straight casing had some really gnarly fat ass stems like the old PFC. They may look different too maybe because they aren't on pf cakes. I'm begining to wonder if the different substrates affect the physical appearance of certain strains. I say this because lately I've been shooting from the same syringe on grain jars, wbs, popcorn, and horse feed, and brf jars. They are giving slightly different physicalities on the different casings. Or maybe I'm just seeing things :)
I think I remember some folks who were working with the PE strain saying they had some fruits that looked different than the normal strain should. Who knows for sure, hopefully we'll see what the Ecuador, B+, Burma, and Quezons look like soon enough.

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:01 AM

well,
if you are coming from spores
then it's only logical to expect
slight differences between batches
due to genetic variation
as well as slight differences in environment/micro-climate

#24 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

I agree, the multi-spore could be the factor also.

The PFC is still flushing.

The Ecuador is getting ready to pin and a pint jar of quezon colonized in 11 days and is running the poo now. I didn't birth it until yesterday, I wanted it to stay in the jar a little while longer to make the mycelium a little thicker.
Hopefully some updated pix soon! So far, I can say I like using the horse grain.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!