• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#41 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

I'll stick with my brain-sucking Anubis and cenobite-ish pics despite Grok's insisting that his choices are better. :P
It felt good to post them somewhere rather than having them fester perpetually unseen and that in itself makes me happy.
So yeah.
Yadda yadda.
Bugging Grok to post art too.

cenobite: now there is a term that touches me in a place that i would require a doll to show you. i'm a big fan of hellraiser, i'm an even bigger fan of Clive Barker. when i was about 12 or so, i drew him a picture, and sent him a letter. to my surprise he was cool enough to send me a letter, a drawn picture of his own, and a photograph of himself (all signed). they were my prized possessions for many years until i met a kid that worshipped him. i saw myself in the kid and surprised the hell out of him one day by giving him the drawn picture, and the signed photograph. i use this an example of karma, bc just last week i came across Clive Barker's entire collection all signed by him for fifty bucks in a pawn shop. :mistrust:

#42 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

No shit?

i came across Clive Barker's entire collection all signed by him for fifty bucks in a pawn shop. :mistrust:

#43 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

No shit?

yep, but i didn't have 50 bucks at the time so i just bought a couple of my faves lol..."the thief of always" and "cabal"

#44 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

good stuff on this thread. everyone has some twisted idea.

reminds me of this lsd with phoenix on it. made me think about fingers going through eyes, ripping out limbs nasty stuff...lol..

#45 HedgeWitch

HedgeWitch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

cenobite: now there is a term that touches me in a place that i would require a doll to show you. i'm a big fan of hellraiser, i'm an even bigger fan of Clive Barker. when i was about 12 or so, i drew him a picture, and sent him a letter. to my surprise he was cool enough to send me a letter, a drawn picture of his own, and a photograph of himself (all signed). they were my prized possessions for many years until i met a kid that worshipped him. i saw myself in the kid and surprised the hell out of him one day by giving him the drawn picture, and the signed photograph. i use this an example of karma, bc just last week i came across Clive Barker's entire collection all signed by him for fifty bucks in a pawn shop. :mistrust:

Sweeet! I've been a die-hard Barker fan since my early teens.
I once apprenticed under the guy who did the special effects for Hellraiser 1, 2 and Nightbreed and got to spend some precious time with Clive and his boyfriend (who called me Nightbreed and joked about "taking me home".)
Every day I got to eat my lunch in a room with life-sized cenobites and creatures from Midian! I ended up working with animals, but the whole special effects thing was a very cool world to set foot in and I'm richer having done it.Thief of Always, Cabal and Hellbound Heart are probably my favorite books and I find Clive's worlds oddly soothing and sensual.
Good to meet other fans!!

PS. the "show me on the doll" statement made me spit out some coffee laughing.

#46 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Sweeet! I've been a die-hard Barker fan since my early teens.
I once apprenticed under the guy who did the special effects for Hellraiser 1, 2 and Nightbreed and got to spend some precious time with Clive and his boyfriend (who called me Nightbreed and joked about "taking me home".)
Every day I got to eat my lunch in a room with life-sized cenobites and creatures from Midian! I ended up working with animals, but the whole special effects thing was a very cool world to set foot in and I'm richer having done it.Thief of Always, Cabal and Hellbound Heart are probably my favorite books and I find Clive's worlds oddly soothing and sensual.
Good to meet other fans!!

PS. the "show me on the doll" statement made me spit out some coffee laughing.

and here i thought i was special with a crappy letter and a few autographs. you actually got to hang out with him. how fucking sweet was that ? is he the super nice guy he appears to be ? did u ever get to watch him paint anything etc.

my favorites by him are: thief of always, the hellbound heart, cabal, everville, the great and secret show, imajica. if i had to just pick one i'd have to say out of all of them "the damnation game" is my alltime favorite though. wow, u just never know who you'll run into on MYCOTOPIA !!! hell i may even run into clive on here one day. this seems like a site he would really dig...
:amazed:

#47 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

good stuff on this thread. everyone has some twisted idea.

reminds me of this lsd with phoenix on it. made me think about fingers going through eyes, ripping out limbs nasty stuff...lol..

boy, i've been there my man...just lucky i came back...

#48 HedgeWitch

HedgeWitch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

and here i thought i was special with a crappy letter and a few autographs. you actually got to hang out with him. how fucking sweet was that ? is he the super nice guy he appears to be ? did u ever get to watch him paint anything etc.

my favorites by him are: thief of always, the hellbound heart, cabal, everville, the great and secret show, imajica. if i had to just pick one i'd have to say out of all of them "the damnation game" is my alltime favorite though. wow, u just never know who you'll run into on MYCOTOPIA !!! hell i may even run into clive on here one day. this seems like a site he would really dig...
:amazed:

Nothing crappy about letters, autographs, killer art or good karma!!
I just hope he does more film work. Preferably something with animals in it so I can run into him on set if I'm wrangling lol.
I wonder what he's up to these days?
Didn't see him draw much, but got to devour his vibe. The man has a quiet depth to him.
I enjoyed his presence very much!

#49 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Nothing crappy about letters, autographs, killer art or good karma!!
I just hope he does more film work. Preferably something with animals in it so I can run into him on set if I'm wrangling lol.
I wonder what he's up to these days?
Didn't see him draw much, but got to devour his vibe. The man has a quiet depth to him.
I enjoyed his presence very much!

the last thing i think he did was a video game of all things. it's called "jericho" it's for ps3 and 360. i havn't played it, but it looks twisted enough. i would also like to see him do more films. any one of the books we've been discussing would make incredible films as long as he has a hand in the direction and what not; otherwise we may see another movie like lawnmower man: stephen king's tale of a morbidly obese psychic who controlled a lawnmower with his mind and ate everything it chopped up that some big wig, corporate dipshits' turned into a cheesey virtual reality story in the film adaptation...

CURSE THEM ALL...but really that's a whole other ball of poop...

#50 HedgeWitch

HedgeWitch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

the last thing i think he did was a video game of all things. it's called "jericho" it's for ps3 and 360. i havn't played it, but it looks twisted enough. i would also like to see him do more films. any one of the books we've been discussing would make incredible films as long as he has a hand in the direction and what not; otherwise we may see another movie like lawnmower man: stephen king's tale of a morbidly obese psychic who controlled a lawnmower with his mind and ate everything it chopped up that some big wig, corporate dipshits' turned into a cheesey virtual reality story in the film adaptation...

I played Undying (I think it was called that). Not too shabby!
I can't even think about the ps3/360 because it's just one of those
things that I know I don't need but sure would like. My bandmate just got a ps3 and we're not getting much done lol.
I'll be looking up Jericho for sure!
Thief of Always is being made you know! I'm *quite* looking forward to that. LOL at Lawnmower man. Then again, most movies can sound ridiculous in a sentence.
Hellraiser: Sex-addicted lowlife figures out spooky puzzle box which summons sadistic demonic creatures from hell, enlists old lover to feed him drunken, horny buisness men.
Actually that doesn't sound so bad.

#51 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

i'd buy a ticket to that one...wait...no i'd just pirate it like i do everything else, which is exactly what i did with "undying". it ran great, and (like u said) kicked redonkuless rectum holes..."jericho" didn't recieve the kindest of reviews, but i think i'll give it a shot anyway.

that being said...

LET'S SEE SOME SICK, TWISTED, AND DEMENTED ART THAT WOULD MAKE VLAD TEPES CRY LIKE A FRIGHTENED LITTLE GIRL WITH A SKINNED KNEE PEOPLE !!! DO IT !!! DO IT NOW !!! :horse::horse::horse::horse:

#52 HedgeWitch

HedgeWitch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:40 AM

i'd buy a ticket to that one...wait...no i'd just pirate it like i do everything else, which is exactly what i did with "undying". it ran great, and (like u said) kicked redonkuless rectum holes..."jericho" didn't recieve the kindest of reviews, but i think i'll give it a shot anyway.

that being said...

LET'S SEE SOME SICK, TWISTED, AND DEMENTED ART THAT WOULD MAKE VLAD TEPES CRY LIKE A FRIGHTENED LITTLE GIRL WITH A SKINNED KNEE PEOPLE !!! DO IT !!! DO IT NOW !!!

Really good stuff (i.e Terry Gilliam/Tim Burton/Clive Barker/musicians I adore get my money. I try before I buy sometimes and then support the artist if I lurve it.

I would ALSO like to see some more art because twisted things make me happy. Selfishsness aside, lI want to some things that make my blood feel cold!

#53 lunaticleigh

lunaticleigh

Lunatic Leigh

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

I made these photos exclusively for this contest. I use Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition. Enjoy! And feel free to let me know what you think!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

thanks for the entries... :mistrust:

#55 Mario

Mario

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:29 AM

Great use of symbolism on the first one.

#56 HedgeWitch

HedgeWitch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

Those are awesome!

#57 lunaticleigh

lunaticleigh

Lunatic Leigh

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Those are awesome!

Thank you! I'm a photoshop enthusiast so when I saw this contest I jumped right on it!

#58 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Thank you! I'm a photoshop enthusiast so when I saw this contest I jumped right on it!

make sure u upload the pics to this thread, so that they will become a permanent part of it.

#59 lunaticleigh

lunaticleigh

Lunatic Leigh

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

permanent attachments now. :weedpoke:

Attached Thumbnails

• 4.jpg
  • 1.jpg

#60 i.p.freely

i.p.freely