• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

This spice was seperated from its yellow counterparts using some slick heating then cooling techniques while in/out of solution in n-heptane (bestine). once spice was of acceptable purity it was completly dissolved in n-heptane once more, once fully dissolved, the vessel was removed from heat bath, sealed, and placed inside a cooler filled with very hot water, cooler was sealed and placed under a blanket, 72 hours or so later, the cooler had reached room temp inside. the blanket was removed and the cooler was carfully placed inside a cold ass fridge, 12 hours later, the cooler had reached fridge temp inside. during the cooling phase, all temp changes were very gradual and the cooler was handled very tenderly to not disturb any crystal growth. very dense crystal growth was knocked off the walls by shaking and some blade action, then shaken and swifty dumped through a filter. rinse the jar a few times and re-dump. heres pic of the filters contents, keep in mind its a brown filter. enjoy...
all credit goes to n-heptane.

Attached Thumbnails

• crystal1 024.jpg
  • crystal1 030.jpg
  • crystal1 022.jpg
  • crystal1 015.jpg
  • crystal1 021.jpg
  • crystal1 013.jpg
  • crystal1 003.jpg

• suckerfree, paph, seedlessstinky1 and 3 others like this

#2 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

Now THAT's some high production values ya got there!
Beautiful pics...
  • Hippie3 likes this

#3 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

:eusa_clap:bow:

Beautiful.

How pure was the spice your foaf started with?

#4 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

it was actually not too clean to start with. it was extracted hot with naptha, then solvent was shaken with hot water to remove the little droplets of basified solution that snuck through, then activated charcoal was added about 1/5g carbon per g expected spice. then freeze precipped (very concentrated) to yield pretty yellow spice, a crystalization with naptha was attempted on this spice, it made it cleaner but the crystals grew yellow. heptane changed everything, its super selective on what it dossolves at what temp. this is foafs first experience with heptane, its cake to get crystals like this with heptane. just experiement with heating and cooling and pay close attention to what the yellow does, you will notice a few occasions where the yellow all falls out but the spice stays, this is your moment to strike. it also helps to dissolve as much dmt as possible while getting NO yellow, then take this solution away from the yellow on the bottom and put it into another jar and freeze precip it, let the crystals stick in it and dump the heptane back into the first jar, do that again and again until you have a jar with nothing but yellow and a jar with nothing but white.

#5 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

Dude, I've never seen or tried DMT, but thats just beutiful from a science point of view. Congrats!

#6 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

:headbang:
  • seedlessstinky1 likes this

#7 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

that's great work :bow:
thx for sharing.

#8 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

thanks, i want to reitterate how easy n-heptane made things. if you can yield smokable spice, you could get crystals like this.:loveeyes:

#9 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

thanks, i want to reitterate how easy n-heptane made things. if you can yield smokable spice, you could get crystals like this.:loveeyes:

Now if I can just find some Heptane!
I can't find it anywhere. I've heard that art supply stores carry it as a rubber cement solvent ( Bestine* ), but the ones I've called where completely clueless about it.

Those are some great Xtals! I plan to be trying another extraction here soon. The first one didn't go that badly but there is definitely room for improvement as it didn't turn out anywhere near as good as your's did A.L.
Great Job BTW.
:bow:

#10 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

Now if I can just find some Heptane!
I can't find it anywhere. I've heard that art supply stores carry it as a rubber cement solvent ( Bestine* ), but the ones I've called where completely clueless about it.

http://www.dickblick...23902-1006-6225

you can find it all over the internet.

#11 slipp3ry

slipp3ry

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

those xtals look amazing!... i hope swims product turns out half as good

#12 Scroto Baggins

Scroto Baggins

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

Andy, if possible, would you mind relaying weight of dirty DMT, solvent volumes, temperatures experiment was performed at, and final weight of cleaned DMT. Thank you kindly sir, those crystals are something to marvel at.
  • Hippie3 likes this

#13 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

Andy, if possible, would you mind relaying weight of dirty DMT, solvent volumes, temperatures experiment was performed at, and final weight of cleaned DMT. Thank you kindly sir, those crystals are something to marvel at.

its kind of hard to give you that data, since it was foafs first first try at crystals it was far from a straight shot from yellow to glass. lots of back fourth and hot and cold. i can tell you the heat bath never got much above 160f, and at its lowest (effective heat) was like 120f. foaf also made use of the frigde and freezer. foaf started with about 19g pretty yellow spice (hard to explain how yellow for obvious reasons but it was crystally and not too greasy/sticky but its was very yellow to the eye), the picture shows 10g of finished crystal but there is much more to be had, its still in with the yellow tho, foaf was aiming for absolute purity, not so much max yield. whenever it was a question of getting all of the dmt or getting zero yellow, foaf went with zero yellow. foaf went with around 500ml of heptane and has hardly lost any, even with all the back and fourth and what not. foaf predicts/hopes to finish with 16g glassy shards and a few grams greasy goop to recycle into next batch.
  • Scroto Baggins likes this

#14 Kai

Kai

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Wow, truly a beauty. :amazed: :eusa_clap

#15 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

:eusa_clap beautiful! wish mine looked that nice!

#16 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

Absolutely beautiful.

#17 sic

sic

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Blinded by the SPICE! Thanks for sharing the tip Andy!

#18 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:37 PM

Wow those are some beautiful crystals!

#19 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

excellent Andylandy420 , alchemical beauty at its finest !!!! :bow:

cheers to your friends bestine work :loveeyes: , stunning blades there.

:eusa_clap

Thank You For Sharing

#20 seedlessstinky1

seedlessstinky1

Stinks

• Expired Member
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Very scientific.......:bow::eusa_clap

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!