• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

OOOOO MAN, that looks sweet. My crytals always come out yellowish for some reason. Like orange. Even with a few defats. Those looks great!!! Good job. Enjoy the looneyness!

#22 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

it was actually not too clean to start with. it was extracted hot with naptha, then solvent was shaken with hot water to remove the little droplets of basified solution that snuck through, then activated charcoal was added about 1/5g carbon per g expected spice. then freeze precipped (very concentrated) to yield pretty yellow spice, a crystalization with naptha was attempted on this spice, it made it cleaner but the crystals grew yellow. heptane changed everything, its super selective on what it dossolves at what temp. this is foafs first experience with heptane, its cake to get crystals like this with heptane. just experiement with heating and cooling and pay close attention to what the yellow does, you will notice a few occasions where the yellow all falls out but the spice stays, this is your moment to strike. it also helps to dissolve as much dmt as possible while getting NO yellow, then take this solution away from the yellow on the bottom and put it into another jar and freeze precip it, let the crystals stick in it and dump the heptane back into the first jar, do that again and again until you have a jar with nothing but yellow and a jar with nothing but white.

Ah, after reading, I see Heptane was the key. Good work man! That's some impressively nice science work. I really like your logo/avatar also. I did some work with dmt way back when. :)

Here's my lil pic -

Posted Image

I did some work, tis in the archives. But as I said, looks like you/your friend or whoever, nailed it good and got some super pure wazzleness! :headbang::eusa_clap Impressive.

Have you sampled your foaf's goods? Spice is one crazy substance. Go spice weasle!

#23 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Jesus! Have you tried it andylandy?
  • Hippie3 likes this

#24 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

Jesus! Have you tried it andylandy?

yes, its better than white by a little, way better than offwhite/yellow.

im a big fan.

foaf can't imagine ever settling for white again if glass is that easy.

#25 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

nice work

#26 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

foaf just snapped a pic of the thing that heptane does so well.

approx 7g yellow DMT was added to 180ml heptane, heated (in a tall thin vessal) in water heat bath to approx 165-175 degrees F, swirled gently until everything is fully dissolved (even the layer that wants to stick on the bottom) its quickly transferred into a small camping cooler filled with hot water, sit the vessal in such a way that there is a 'low spot' for imputirties to collect (ie, tilt it about 45 degrees), seal the cooler and leave undistrubed for 36 hours, by this time the water inside was at room temp, entire cooler was placed inside a fridge to slowly cool even further, 12 hours later water is at fridge temp (if possible, move it to freezer at this point), vessal is removed to reveal how things went, they went very well as you can see, notice the definite line between perfect glass spice and total crud? use a glass stirring rod and knock the crystals loose without jabbing the crud, swirl and dump through filter, all there is to it.

Attached Thumbnails

• buddha 013.jpg
  • buddha 005.jpg
  • buddha 001.jpg
  • buddha 002.jpg

#27 quartzz

quartzz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

how much punch would that big one on your finger tip pack?

...and you should make a crystal wand with some...wicked alchemy brother

#28 entheogenetics

entheogenetics

Tengu Yamabushi

• Expired Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Now that is some absolute beauty. Very well done!

#29 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Beautiful pictures.:bow:

#30 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

haha, a crystal wand, that would be dope! lol

wow, thats amazing lookin man.

see, yer the man, man. lol

wikked niice bro. :bow:

#31 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,905 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

My goodness Andy!
I knew you were a DMT expert from your posts, but that is incredible and also very educational. Your advise was of great help in my Mesc extraction and I'll be sure to be picking your brain when I do a larger extraction of the Spice.
Here is a picture of my lowly spice :lol:
This is after 2 pulls on 75g of MHRB. I will save it to add to what I pull when I get my bark and extract enough to be worth reXtalizing.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00098.JPG
  • IMG00097.JPG

#32 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

thanks fellas, learned all I know right here.

#33 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

thanks fellas, learned all I know right here.

if that isnt enough to make anyone wanna join this community, I dont know what is. lol

:bow: :hippie:

#34 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

It is not advisable and potentially VERY risky to perform a reXstal like this using anything less than borosilicate (pyrex/lab grade) glass, heptane is very flamable and heating/cooling cheap glass can surprise even the most experienced extractors. Having a fire extinguisher (rated for flamable liquids) on hand is also a MUST. SERIOUSLY, you could totally get away with using a mason jar but just step up, drop 10 bucks on a nice pyrex and 20 on a fire extinguisher, save yourself ALOT of paranoia and possibly some serious heartache, also dont forget to have a steady crosswind clearing out those fumes. best wishes

Attached Thumbnails

• firestopper.jpg
  • flask.jpg

#35 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,905 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

I agree about the Lab glass.
You know it is designed for this type of work and is well worth the cost.
That and I never have to worry about using any extraction vessels w/ food or drink. ( Not that I do a lot of canning but still )
And the Fire extinguisher; working w/ solvents and heat w/o one is purely criminal :lol:
Nobody expects to have a fire or chemical spill. But you have to be prepared for the worst always but especially working w/ hazardous chems etc.

#36 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

Dude let me ask you...when you dissolve the dmt into the bestine do you heat it to where the dmt dissolves and the solution turns yellow? Will the yellow fall out before the dmt as it cools is that how you did it? Anytime my friend tried it he always dissolved the yellow too, not the shit thatl stick to the bottom, but the discoloration and couldnt not have the solution yellow which of course ended up in the final product.

#37 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

Dude let me ask you...when you dissolve the dmt into the bestine do you heat it to where the dmt dissolves and the solution turns yellow? Will the yellow fall out before the dmt as it cools is that how you did it? Anytime my friend tried it he always dissolved the yellow too, not the shit thatl stick to the bottom, but the discoloration and couldnt not have the solution yellow which of course ended up in the final product.

haha, i am somewhat confused by your wording but yes the idea is to dissolve every little bit of everything (contrary to the technique where you dissolve everything gently and try to leave a layer behind), impurities will fall out before the spice during the slow cool, leaing the line of seperation between pure and impure.

#38 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

Cool so let it cool until the yellow falls out. Do you suck the top layer off with an eye dropper(or some type of baster) or do you pour it off? Any certain method for a slow cooling? Does it help to do a large amount? How many ml of solvent did you use each time? Anytime my bud did it he used a shot glass(heard the warning) and was working with probably 30 ml or less. Would that be enough to decipher the layers? Do you think adding carbon to this step would help at all?

#39 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

approx 7g yellow DMT was added to 180ml heptane, heated (in a tall thin vessal) in water heat bath to approx 165-175 degrees F, swirled gently until everything is fully dissolved (even the layer that wants to stick on the bottom) its quickly transferred into a small camping cooler filled with hot water, sit the vessal in such a way that there is a 'low spot' for imputirties to collect (ie, tilt it about 45 degrees), seal the cooler and leave undistrubed for 36 hours, by this time the water inside was at room temp, entire cooler was placed inside a fridge to slowly cool even further, 12 hours later water is at fridge temp (if possible, move it to freezer at this point), vessal is removed to reveal how things went, they went very well as you can see, notice the definite line between perfect glass spice and total crud? use a glass stirring rod and knock the crystals loose without jabbing the crud, swirl and dump through filter, all there is to it.

#40 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

absolutely beautiful.. could this clean,up be done with mescaline?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!