• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

absolutely beautiful.. could this clean,up be done with mescaline?

similar in principle but not chems, look into tregars MEK rextal for mesc,

#42 bmad

bmad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

Andy whenever you are ready to adopt a novice extractor just let me know

#43 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

Andy whenever you are ready to adopt a novice extractor just let me know

NOW

#44 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

Mods Please Archive

#45 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

NOW

take 2? lol :heart:

#46 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

take 2? lol :heart:

nope, 2 is wayyy too many...

#47 SpiritMolecule

SpiritMolecule

Spice Cowboy

• Expired Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hey Andy, I really admire that shit. ive had some pretty evap crystals but jesus, man. Im ready anytime you wanna take me through my tek, see where I need any work try and see how my technique improves. Im really dedicated to knowing this fuckin backwards. get with me anytime, PM or in the forums.

#48 Howard Esteban

Howard Esteban

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

Spice is very interesting, this makes one want to learn more.

What is the difference in experience with yellow or clear crystals?
I have no experience, but have read all that i could get my hands on.

#49 SpiritMolecule

SpiritMolecule

Spice Cowboy

• Expired Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

heres a picture of some dmt I extracted last spring. Theyre kinda blurry, sorry. The powdery freeze precip on the little ceramic plate on the right, that shit was good for a month or more. I would grab a dose off that plate once or twice a week for a month. the evap crystals on the foil to the left were AWESOME and I smoke that shit on a binge within a week. never had any kind of 'degradation' issues with that. I wonder what the deal is?

Attached Thumbnails

• alien.jpg

• Hippie3 likes this

#50 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

very nice work. :)
  • Hippie3 likes this

#51 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

you might have to change your avatar..... a winter scene perhaps?

:teeth:

the very first time i extracted i was going to use bestine, but the guy at the college art store said he'd have to order a gallon for me, so i opted for the vm+p. might have to switch.

as far as getting orange (A/B hot into toluene) spice, then separating into white and red as per enthomancer's tek (i think that's his handle), you MUST have bestine. As andy said, pure n-heptane has a much better, more accurate solubility range for n,n dmt (for this rxn) than the cocktail of petroleum distillates in naptha.

nice work andy, ya little weasel. BAM! kick it up a notch.

#52 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

you might have to change your avatar..... a winter scene perhaps?

:teeth:

the very first time i extracted i was going to use bestine, but the guy at the college art store said he'd have to order a gallon for me, so i opted for the vm+p. might have to switch.

as far as getting orange (A/B hot into toluene) spice, then separating into white and red as per enthomancer's tek (i think that's his handle), you MUST have bestine. As andy said, pure n-heptane has a much better, more accurate solubility range for n,n dmt (for this rxn) than the cocktail of petroleum distillates in naptha.

nice work andy, ya little weasel. BAM! kick it up a notch.

bestine is essential for recrystalizing but as far as the actual extraction solvent, naptha is the way to go, bestine has no advantage there, it actually has lower solubility than naptha, which is why is drives out those crystals so nicely.

#53 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

good to know thx.

do u prefer white or orange?

methinks from this post u like the white, but i'd be interested to know.

#54 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

archive material

#55 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

good to know thx.
do u prefer white or orange?
methinks from this post u like the white, but i'd be interested to know.

so hard to say man, i have been rocked very very hard off of pure yellow and off white and off glass spice, my experience is never the same so its hard to say whether one is better than the other, i like em all.

#56 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

ditto man. everyone that i meet seems to prefer the orange ... nice job on making the archives!

#57 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

thanks

#58 dimethyltryper

dimethyltryper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

This thread has not been to the top in a while, I just gotta say it's pretty damn good. I am certainly going to try this. I have a couple questions for ya though,

In your pics, how many days did it take of the hot to cold & night time cycles for your results to come in?

Do you suck the goop out or leave it when you pore?

About who long from bark to glass crystals did this take?

If you cannot fit the cooler in the freezer is it ok to take out of fridge box and place in freezer? Or do you leave it in the fridge?

I had an idea to get a small chest freezer ($50-100 craigslist) and put the jar in it, and simply umplug it every 12 hours. You can also adjust the temps on them to get them super frosty.

Thanks for just making my standards that much higher!

Ha ha
D-Tryp

#59 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

SWIM can get it from bark to those crystals in under 48 hours.. Not sure how long it took him, though. Also, not sure about the cooler deal. SWIM finds that recrystallizing using the method he used, to get the white separated from the yellow/orange, and repeating as much as desired to get the most of it out is the best way to get it to pure white. Once the cleaner white/clear solvent is decanted (or poured off the top) leaving the yellow/orange to settle in the bottom, this cleaner solvent can then be freeze precipitated again, and then filtered out of the ice cold solvent quickly and left to dry out.

If one wants really large, pure, sexy crystals, then taking the pure white crystals and redissolving them in fresh clean solvent would be the first step. One should then take the solvent with the pure DMT and pour it into a glass dish without a lid. This can be set in a cupboard or somewhere dark with no breeze or bumping. If let to evaporate on its own for several days to a week, depending on how much solvent needs to evaporate, without a fan or disturbing it at all, the crystals will begin to grow large, and instead of many tiny white crystals, the smaller crystals will form together into large homogenous crystals that are usually clear towards the tip of the crystal. The slower the crystals are formed, the larger they will grow. Also, having a large amount in a smaller container will help concentrate them so that they are not spread thinly over a large container, and rather stack on top of each other to grow larger. The more surface area they are spread over, and the faster they are formed, the smaller the crystal clusters will be.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

#60 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

This thread has not been to the top in a while, I just gotta say it's pretty damn good. I am certainly going to try this. I have a couple questions for ya though,

In your pics, how many days did it take of the hot to cold & night time cycles for your results to come in?
D-Tryp

took maybe 24 hours to go from hot to room temp and then 12 hours to go from room temp to frigde temp.

Do you suck the goop out or leave it when you pore?
D-Tryp

i dont fuck with it at all, that whoe appraoch is a bitch IMO, dont try to pour or anything while hot, dissolve everything, including the stubborn yellow layer. slow cool will grow the crystals and do the seperation for you. once the crystal are formed you scrape the crystals and leave the impurities.

About who long from bark to glass crystals did this take?
D-Tryp

7 days, was a big batch, swim was in no hurry.

If you cannot fit the cooler in the freezer is it ok to take out of fridge box and place in freezer? Or do you leave it in the fridge?
D-Tryp

id thow it in the freezer without the cooler if it came down to it.

I had an idea to get a small chest freezer ($50-100 craigslist) and put the jar in it, and simply umplug it every 12 hours. You can also adjust the temps on them to get them super frosty.

D-Tryp

i have never had any success whatsoever with the warm-cold-warm-cold appraoch, like moving the jars from the fridge to the freezer and then back and fourth. ONE slow cool from piping hot to freezer cold over the coarse 36 hours is the best way to go.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!