vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
i want to make my own GD as well!!
thanks for this post golly.. lol
one question, can i use a toaster over/microwave to 'bake' the bud coz my oven is busted?

hehe:bow:

#22 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

As long as you can accurately monitor the temp , a toaster oven may work but i wouldn't use a micro for this step..
The 360F temp is very close to the vape temp of THC so u gotta be careful not to exceed..

#23 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,099 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

What would you recommend for a stoner that forgot to do the bake part?

#24 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Lol Roc...I guess you could just vaporize off tin foil..

#25 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,099 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

Lol Roc...I guess you could just vaporize off tin foil..

Thanks I'll be vapo'ing it since I'm not tossing it.

#26 chlorello

chlorello

Would-Be Action Hero

• Expired Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

I've made GD using mushit's terrific guide several times, but a second pull of the garlic press residue reveals that it's still very potent. I think this recipe needs to be tweaked to make the extraction more efficient. More alcohol? More cooking time?

#27 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

That is just hella interesting! too bad that there is never any hi quality Cannabis around.

#28 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

I must have been on vacation when you posted this Golly. I am glad people are trying this.

I never smoke, or very seldom any more. This is my main form of medication.

chlorello, I have always thrown the green away and never gave it a second thought of doing another pull. Interesting. It would of course be much weaker but still active, I guess.

If anyone needs the link here it is:
http://mycotopia.net...een-dragon.html
  • curenado likes this

#29 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

i think some jello jigglers made with the GD in it would be a badass addition to a party just figure out how many squares you'll have and put that many dropperfuls in the mix...:amazed:

#30 friedrice

friedrice

FRIED CULTURE

• Expired Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

that looks sooooo dank, it's making my mouth water. :puke:

#31 curenado

curenado

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 949 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

Excellent post Mushit :bow: and Thanks! to Golly :eusa_clap:eusa_clap for bringing it back to those of us who haven't been around so long. I agree that for most medicinal purposes the Green Dragon should be excellent - I've graduated from "Pain Sandwhich" (i.e. firecrackers on soft bread so they can get it down better.)
This also beats our vanilla syrup recipe, less steps/less mess.
Bravo! :love:
Can't wait to put it to use!

#32 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,388 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

I wonder if pressure cooking a tightly sealed canning jar of cannabis and everclear would work? The cool down would have to be slow. Then evap. down to a tincture/oil in air.
:eusa_thin

#33 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

I did something a bit different.

I had about 4 oz trim and cooked it gently on the stovetop in a pan until it darkened and steamed a little.

Then I packed it down in a glass beaker and covered it with 250 ml of the strongest booze available locally - 50% Smirnoff vodka.

I covered it with tinfoil and set it in a pan with barely simmering water for about 30 min. Then I left it overnight.

Next day, I drained off as much liquid as I could, dumped the beaker into my blender and added another 250 ml vodka. Then I pureed everything until I had - well - puree.

Then I poured it into the paper-towel lined basket of my salad spinner and centrifuged all the liquid out, which I added to the previous liquid.

I wound up with just over 450 ml of greeny-brown liquid. I didn't want to reduce that - the vodka was expensive.

Half a shot gives a pretty good buzz.

http://mycotopia.net...56&d=1262908776

Attached Thumbnails

• Green Dragon.jpg

#34 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

The Green Dragon movement is ALIVE! LOL
If I may, I will add some constructive points on these procedures.

I did something a bit different.
I had about 4 oz trim and cooked it gently on the stovetop in a pan until it darkened and steamed a little.

It is really hard to control the temps of the herb when it is in a pot "simmering". What is actually happening when you do this is vaporizing the herb. The THC is being lost into the air. I spread the roughly ground herb in on a sheet of foil and put it in the oven at 200 F. THC vaporizes at about 350 F +/-.

Then I packed it down in a glass beaker and covered it with 250 ml of the strongest booze available locally - 50% Smirnoff vodka.

If that is all you can get there is nothing you can do about this. Where I am the strongest you can get is Bacardi 151. It is about 75%. This will work much better.
I have a relative that lives in an area where he can get 94% Alcool. This is perfect for what we want to achieve. If you know someone who can get a bottle of higher alcohol content, then use his/her services.

I covered it with tinfoil and set it in a pan with barely simmering water for about 30 min. Then I left it overnight.

One reason the liquid is heated is to evaporate the liquid down to about half the volume. This will make the tincture more potent. Covering it up will hamper this.

Next day, I drained off as much liquid as I could, dumped the beaker into my blender and added another 250 ml vodka. Then I pureed everything until I had - well - puree.

I see nothing wrong with this other than the puree. I try to let the mixture come into contact with as few objects as possible. THC will stick to whatever vessel it comes in contact with. The more surface area it is exposed to the less goodies we will have.

Then I poured it into the paper-towel lined basket of my salad spinner and centrifuged all the liquid out, which I added to the previous liquid.

See above. You may as well take and dry the paper towel and the salad spinner and smoke it to get the THC that has stuck to them. :lol: Just use a tea strainer. It is just a fine screen and it works well.

I wound up with just over 450 ml of greeny-brown liquid. I didn't want to reduce that - the vodka was expensive.

This is why we use 5gr of weed and 3oz of alcohol to start. It is vert expensive to experiment. Once the procedure is down pat we can double or triple the recipe.

Half a shot gives a pretty good buzz.

If you had a half a shot of the stuff I make it would blow your head off! LOL Two or three ml are enough to last four hours.
I am not trying to cut your procedure to pieces or make little of it. I am just trying to help get you the best you can achieve from the sacred herb. :)
If you have any questions please ask, SilvrHairDevil. :)

#35 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

I should have explained at the beginning that I was trying to make a beverage to drink, not a tincture to drop. Goes well with Dr Pepper and even better with coffee & cream.

If I ever come by a surplus of good bud, I'll def try your tek.

#36 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

:thumbup: Great thread!

#37 myceliummatt

myceliummatt

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Made some today, good Tek and great end product! Very medicinal.

Thanks Mushit :bow:

#38 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

I should have explained at the beginning that I was trying to make a beverage to drink, not a tincture to drop. Goes well with Dr Pepper and even better with coffee & cream.
If I ever come by a surplus of good bud, I'll def try your tek.

I understand SHD.
I too like a beverage over a straight tincture.
But I just drop 2 ml in a beverage of my choice, wait 45 min and get medicated for four hours.
I like Dr. Pepper. I never thought of using that to mix it with. I usually put it in my beer or wine. In fact it is starting to kick in as I type. LOL.

What were we talking about?.....................

Oh Yeah. Green Dragon. LOL

#39 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Expired Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Hey guys,

is there a quick kinda simple way to make green dragon from leaf??

I'm about to rip out 2 chest high Males & I'd love to try make green dragon out of them it if possible??

After last seasons grow I tried to make it from all the leaf I had but ended up wasting my time & money.

I grabbed all the leaves threw em in the oven, then put them in a boiling water bath, strained, evaped but the resulting product had no effect???

Otherwise I guess I'll be makin cookies or muffins!!!

#40 bosshogg

bosshogg

spore-cano

• Expired Member
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

here's a bit of GD that was made about 2 weeks ago.

using the same method, a 1/4 of schwag was ran through the food processor. it was then added to about 6oz of everclear and evaped down to about 2 oz of liquid.

the result is quite potent. 1 table spoon is all that is needed, and lights out.

lol i think the dose should be brought down a bit to enjoy more of the effects.

peace*
:meditate:

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 003.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!