Photo
- - - - -

why you should hate cops

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:55 AM

My uncle was a cop. He worked homicide with the NYPD. He died when he was 62 of an aneurysm. He had a lung removed when he was 58 because he smoked two packs of PalMals a day since he was a teenager. His version of a screwdriver was a 1.75 of ABC vodka and a splash of OJ. Posted Image

He was a good man. A raging alcoholic, but a good man nonetheless... I know that I wouldn't have wanted his job, looking at dead bodies day after day after day.

#2 banjojo

banjojo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:46 PM

The cops are for protecting property. The more property you own, the more the cops are going to help you.

#3 Guest_jinzo_*

Guest_jinzo_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:48 AM

Look at the THOUSANDS of drunk driving arrests made every year by cops. And people say cops for the most part do more harm then good? That’s about saving lives. You ever been arrested for drunk driving? Feel you got burned and that the cops were ass holes for pulling you over? Tell that to my dead cousin that was killed by a drunk that thought she could drive.

Guys, there are so many layers to this onion that you have to look at. The woman that killed my cousin walked because she was the wife of a senator of the state I lived in at the time. So yes, money and power can get you "favors" BUT if she had been pulled over by a cop REGARDLESS of who she was she would have been arrested on the spot and my cousin would have got to see his seventeenth birthday. Yeah she would have got out with a slap on the wrist while you or I would have been eaten up by the judicial system but that’s the judicial system. Cops and the fucked up judicial system are two different things entirely.

Think about the THOUSANDS of cases of domestic violence where they were called out to stop *dad* from beating the fuck out of *mom* while the kids were in the back bedroom crying their eyes out. Happens every single day....Maybe you can even relate to that scenario as I can. And cops are for protecting property? And helping those that have money? We were poor as shit and they were there for us on more then one occasion due to a fucked up judicial system. Ask my father, he probably thinks they are the biggest ass holes around. ("Well your mom should have left" she did shortly after it started and never went back.)

So, you live an "alternative" life style. You know the rules, you know the consequences. So you get popped, the cops are the ass holes? You hate them for *catching* you? I've been raided before and there was nothing in my house. "Go ahead, look all you want. I put on some coffee for you guys ok?" Two hours later, "I would like to apologize for this intrusion it's just we had reports off...Yada yada yada...Have a good evening Mr. Jinzo." BFD, they were on to me BUT I know the game. Cautiousness, foresight and planning saved my ass. IF I would have gotten popped I would have been mad at my self for failing my self and losing this game. Not mad at the cops, that’s what they do. That’s like getting mad at your dog for nibbling on his privates cause he has an itch.

I've had stuff ripped off, reported it, never got shit back. I've had my wife’s car vandalized, reported it and for two weeks had cops patrolling my street at all hours, day and night. I've been rear ended and smashed my head against the window of my pickup and the Highway patrol all but said I was faking my injury. Big fucken deal, does that make all High Patrol men ass holes? No, it makes Officer Dick-Head an ass hole.

It just sets me off a bit to here people bash these guys that put their lives on the line every day. It's like some Middle Eastern country with one fist in the air shouting "Down with America" and the other hand out stretched waiting for a handout from us when they need it.

That’s it for this string, I said my mind take for what it’s worth. One bad apple doesn’t spoil the rest and I guess in retrospect I can be considered the bad apple of this board, that’s fine, I still love you guys.

#4 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:23 AM

we can concede the need for, and the benefit of, an enforcement arm for society's laws
without excusing the way our current existing system works.
that is to say,
yes, we certainly need law enforcement of certain just and sensible laws.
but that does not mean that the police system we now have is the best way to handle the problem.
our current system has been corrupted long ago,
is largely ineffective at preventing crimes,
tramples on basic human rights,
fosters violence
and breeds resentment against society and law in general.
cops don't even bother to investigate a burglary UNLESS there's insurance involved.
so the poor man who has his tv stolen gets no justice, while the ultra-rich insurance companies are catered to and no expense is spared in the service of the rich and powerful.
when a rich, white child is abducted,
the police and media go into a frenzy,
as in the e. smart case.
but if it's a poor inner city black or hispanic, etc.
nothing gets done.
not to mention the abundance of unjust laws which are enforced most rigorously, like the drug laws ,
while far more serious crimes like corporate fraud involving billions of $$$ goes unpunished.
i feel i have every right and cause to hate our current police state.
and i resent the mercenaries who work for that police state, which is how i view our police.
paid killers.
we need a better way.

#5 Guest_deadly_*

Guest_deadly_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:13 PM

IMO the cops are there to prevent me from crashing me car into John Doe's on the highway because I was going 180 MPH with no fear of what I might do to myself or other motorists. The fear of getting a ticket was the only thing that kept me from hauling ass on the highway(that is, until I crashed my car on a backroad and almost killed one of my good friends).
They walk beats so I can walk home without getting stabbed, and they pull the next guy's drunk ass over so he doesn't crash into someone and kill them. Of course many cops are corrupt or just don't give a damn, because they're the same human beings just like in every job. I get hassled all the time in my tiny little town because the cops have absolutely nothing better to do. How can someone say that a world without cops is a good thing? If there was no law enforcement, I'd have shot three people by now, but then again they'd probably have just shot me to begin with. Picture how intense a simple drug deal would be if there were no police. You're like hey man get I get some legal substances? He'd be all like sure here and then one of you might as well kill the other and take back your stuff plus his cause you know no one's gonna investigate.
How do we prevent the corruption that's going on right now? BY GETTING INVOLVED IN YOUR GOVERNMENT. Local and state elections have more influence on your daily life than the presidential elections every will. Local especially. Between state and local, the budget is set for police. If you don't like it, change it. If you want higher standards for police, write letters to the editor and to your senators and representatives, petition, and bitch to everyone you can who has the power to raise them. One person can make enough noise to get stuff done. All you have to do is come off as rational and concerned and your voice will be heard.
On who gets the attention of the police...
I'm not saying this is right, but Money Talks, so I intend to take advantage by getting money. You can't do that? Why not? Sure, I'm biased as hell cause I come from the burbs, but I know tons of people who work at even the lowest paying jobs and can afford NOS systems in their cars. How do they do it you ask? They work 60 hours per week. If you don't want to put in the work either in education or your job, then you can't use the system to your advantage. My whole drive behind staying in college is to get a 3 story house and dedicate the basement to (legal of course) mushroom growing. Who'd suspect a (I'll leave out race) upper class (I'll leave out gender) living in an area with 300k dollar houses as doing anything wrong? If you don't like it, change it or work around it. I don't blame someone for flaming me about what I'm going to say next, and I probably deserve it, but if you really WANT to get out of the inner city, can't you? I grew up in an area in which sixth graders were being arrested on a regular basis, but I got out of the school system, and with the help of vouchers others will have the same opportunity. I'll admit that I'm wrong if a single person on here tells me that they've been working hard at their job, they've been utilizing service programs set up for them, and they still can't get out of their bad neigborhood. And then I wonder if anyone can tell me that, because if they're stuck in the inner city, how will they have access to a computer? I think this is long enough hehe. I could go on, but I'll probably say some things that I'd regret more than what I've already said...

#6 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:25 PM

no offense,
but you sound very young and naive.
you're regurgitating all the crap
you've been taught without any real thought
of your own.
please don't insult people by implying that poverty is their fault.
you have great plans now,
but time will tell if you ever take a seat among the elite,
or end up as most do, in society's lower classes.
but even if you do make it,
don't feel too good about yourself and your ability,
it was just pure dumb luck that let you make what others were denied by circumstance.

#7 banjojo

banjojo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:00 PM

"Picture how intense a simple drug deal would be if there were no police."

there would be no need for "drug deals" if there were no police to prevent drugs from being sold openly in the free market.

#8 Guest_deadly_*

Guest_deadly_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:01 PM

Are you saying that someone who really wants to remove themselves from poverty can't? The community college that I'm at is the best place that I've ever found to meet people without the good fortune I've had through life. I am in school with people who've been truck drivers for all of their life, and others who barely made it through high school but are determined to not stay where they are. Driven people have opportunities.
On that crap that I don't think about and regurgitate. An internship at my state's capital is my using my circumstance to change everything around me. I'm about to start an internship at my state's capital, and I vote. If I wanted to, I could do more. I never said that poverty is one's fault, only a circumstance that, with the exception of homelessness, can be dug out of. I can't imagine ever living a good life had I been born homeless, nor did I mention that type of circumstance above. My mother falls below the poverty level in her wages, but she worked over 50 hours per week for a great deal of her life after she divorced my father. She was able to live on her own in a small apartment and save up enough money to take care of herself. Nowhere do I claim that people are their own reason for being in poverty. One has only a 3% change of being born into a family that's considered well-off, so I am thankful. On top of that, I grew up in a city with criminals in the 5th grade, so I know what life there is like. I lived it for a good part of my life. My family life is the only reason that I am where I am today.
I do take slight offense in you saying that I shouldn't feel too good about myself for being financially successful, just as you take offense to what I said about poverty. If I make over 100k per year when I'm an adult, it won't be because my parents pushed me through college. 20% of people who start college finish a 4 year degree. If I make it, it'll be because I worked my ass off for 4 extra years. Do you think that people who go through college drift through because their parents make money? Try your local community college's program out. My classes are cut in half by the drop point because people find that they thought they wanted it, but they don't want it enough to put the work in that's required. I am fortunate, but a person born one way can work and make money just like the rest of the world. Or am I wrong?
I have to go to my second job, landscaping, to make a little extra money on top of my regular job, but when I get back I'll be ready to make a response.

#9 banjojo

banjojo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:08 PM

"So, you live an "alternative" life style. You know the rules, you know the consequences. So you get popped, the cops are the ass holes? You hate them for *catching* you? "

I don't know about anybody else, but I live the way I do, because I hope to see one day where we will not have to hide the plants we love, and can share that love freely and openly with the rest of society. Fuck playing games, I want freedom!
and police stand in the way of that freedom. I don't care if they are "just doing their jobs." They choose to do their jobs. Nobody is putting a gun to their heads. I know Hip said this already but It can't be stressed enough that the Nazi soldiers were just doing their jobs.

#10 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:22 PM

i know people who have a fairly good amount of wealth and good life from a monetary perspective, and who started with nothing. Their lives are empty and without meaning and they live in complete fear that anyone can come take it away from frivelous law suits and other actions (perfectly legal from our fucked up system)... not a comfortable way to live IMO.

The problem with earning it all and having a lot isn't in the actuality of that, but in the attachment you get to the material items you spend a lifetime earning.. You associate your life with those posessions to such a degree that if they were to be taken away against your will you would be devestated and ruined.. Actually these people CAN'T look past that possibility.. so they spend most of their remaining life protecting it. No fun. You trade in comfort of lifestyle for neurosis and fear.

My point is it always seems greener on the other side, but neither side is better than the other. At least in poverty you have freedom of less attachment. You always trade in one set of problems for another.

to deadly ripped - I saw no remark or comment above from anyone that said you shouldn't feel good about making 100k.. in fact 100k isn't that much money tho it just gets you over the hump (at least here in parts of California where cost of living is outrageous). But I WILL say the more you make the more you will be unhappy if you become too attached to the material items you bring into your life as a result of the paper success. If you make enough and aren't carefull all it takes is a small wind to topple your tower. Jus some words of warning.

#11 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:36 PM

some people drop dead before they ever get a chance.
so yeah, i say if you live long enough to eventually 'make it', then it's not really all your doing, you are benefitting greatly from just pure dumb luck.
recently a guy walked out of a restaurant after dining, only to be shot in the head in the parking lot in a car-jacking.
he'll live, but he'll never be ok.
is it his fault ?
no.
many folks just aren't smart enough for college and high paying jobs.
but who makes someone smart and another dumber ?
you can't take the credit for genetics.
so if you're lucky enough to be born into a stable family that can nurture you long enough to get you thru college, and you're lucky enough to be smart enough to be able to handle it,
and you're lucky enough to live in an area where high paying work can be found [many doctors and lawyers in other countries make less than american fast food employees],
and you are lucky enough to avoid the various hazards that can cut your life short on any given day,
then yeah, you might become one of the elite.
and it's that potential that keeps the millions of citizens toiling away day after mind-numbing day.
but in truth, very few make it to the top,
because that's the way the system works, the way it was meant to work.
the only way to make rich people is to likewise create poor people, if everything was divided equally there'd be no rich. but instead we concentrate wealth, by taking the wealth of 1000 families and giving it all to one man.
so don't blame the ones who get the bad end of the deal, the deck was stacked against them from the start.

#12 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:34 PM

I have a difficult time reading messages that are long and clumped together. I really wish folks around here would start to utilize punctuation and paragraphs.

Just a suggestion so that some of us, (me), can read the posts... Thanks!

#13 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:48 PM

lol
dream on.
just be glad that folks are able to read and write well enough to post at all.
do what i do and skim over the indecipherable ones.

#14 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:53 PM

lol

#15 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:54 PM

My family life is the only reason that I am where I am today.
at least you're giving due credit.
but i know a bright young girl who has great potential,
only thing is her father was murdered a little over a year ago by a drunk,
her mother fell apart mentally thereafter,
they lost their home,
their family of 3 children were split apart,
the oldest 2 were forced to quit school and
take menial paying jobs just to feed themselves.
they're still trying,
and we're all doing what we can to help them,
but odds are greatly against them.
they'll be extremely lucky if they ever even make it to the $ 25,000 a year bracket.

#16 Guest_black_*

Guest_black_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:05 PM

Hip--I've read your posts on ADM, hippie haven and here and I find a certain wisdom in your arguments. It's a wisdom grounded in the real world. Thanks.

#17 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:38 PM

wow,
you've been around awhile, then.
thx
i try to keep it real

#18 Guest_alligator_*

Guest_alligator_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

just to get back to the real issue of the threadPosted Image

Mosses City, Alabama, Police Chief Henry Gordon was arrested by the state's 2nd Judicial Drug Task Force October 22 and charged with possessing crack cocaine. He is suspended without pay pending trial.

Former Brodnax, Virginia, Police Chief Bruno Crutchfield and former Virginia state trooper Marshall King were re-indicted by federal prosecutors on drug conspiracy and related charges October 24. The pair had earlier been convicted of running a crack cocaine sales ring and received double-digit federal prison sentences, but that conviction was overturned after allegations of perjury by prosecution witnesses. The new indictments set the stage for a new trial.

Also on October 24, South Carolina Highway Patrol trooper Tony Caldwell was arrested by state police on charges he helped his father sell crack cocaine, bootleg alcohol, and gambling tickets. Caldwell faces two counts of crack distribution, while his father, Eugene Caldwell, faces two counts of crack distribution, as well as charges of unlawfully storing liquor, bookmaking, possession of marijuana, and operating a business without a license. Trooper Caldwell is suspended without pay pending trial.

they sell the crack and then tell me no weed

what thaPosted Image

#19 Guest_alligator_*

Guest_alligator_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:53 PM

One and a Half Million Drug Arrests Last Year, Nearly 700,000 for Marijuana, FBI Reports

The US crime rate entered its third year of virtual stagnation in 2002 and is dramatically lower than a decade ago, the FBI reported on Wednesday, but the war on drugs continues to scoop up Americans by the millions. According to the FBI's annual uniform crime report, "Crime in the United States 2002," more than 1.5 million people were arrested on drug charges last year, roughly 80% of them for simple possession. Marijuana users made up nearly half of all drug arrests, with some 693,000 pot busts last year, 88% of them for simple possession.

#20 Guest_alligator_*

Guest_alligator_*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:06 PM

exercise your rights folks

http://www.flexyourrights.org/

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!