Guest_alligator_*

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:16 PM

thats a big ten four. i aint had no luck with cops eitherPosted Image

#43 Guest_alligator_*

Guest_alligator_*

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:21 PM

Posted Imagecheck out this bullshit

S.C. Probes High School Drug Sweep

GOOSE CREEK, S.C. (Nov. 8) - State police are investigating a drug sweep in which more than a dozen local officers charged into a crowded high school hallway with their guns drawn and handcuffed students.

No drugs or weapons were found during the sweep, and there were no drug-related arrests.

Videotape from Stratford High School surveillance cameras Wednesday morning shows dozens of students, some of them handcuffed, sitting on a hallway floor against the walls as police officers watch them with guns drawn and police dogs sniff backpacks and bags strewn across the hall.

"I'm absolutely outraged," said Danny Partin, whose stepson attends Stratford. "This is supposed to be a free country, not a police state."

Prosecutor Ralph Hoisington told the Charleston Post & Courier in Saturday editions that he asked the State Law Enforcement Division on Friday to look into possible police misconduct.

"I don't think there's anything wrong at all with law enforcement addressing a problem in a high school, but I have serious concerns about the need for restraining students and drawing weapons," Hoisington said. "I don't want to send my child to a school and find out guns are drawn on them."

Investigators should have called suspected students to the principal's office to check their bags for drugs if they believed there was drug-dealing going on, said Graham Boyd, director of the drug policy project for the American Civil Liberties Union.

"You absolutely cannot bring police with guns drawn into a school," Boyd said. He called the search illegal.

Stratford Principal George McCrackin said that he had talked with police about what he called a growing drug problem at the school and that the police responded.

The students didn't know what was happening when the officers rushed in, student Maurice Harris Jr. told NBC's "Today" show Saturday.

"I was frightened because they had guns in their hands," Harris said. "I thought one of the guns was going to go off and shoot or kill somebody, so I just got down to my knees and covered my head for protection."

Goose Creek police Lt. Dave Aarons said the guns were drawn as "a matter of officer safety."

"I don't think it was an overreaction," he said. "Anytime you have qualified information regarding drugs and large amounts of money, there's a reasonable assumption weapons are involved."

The officers handcuffed students who failed to "respond to repeated police instruction," Aarons said.

The only charge stemming from the raid involved a ninth-grader who was cited for allegedly filing a false police report, saying an officer shoved her to the ground during the search, Aarons said. McCrackin said he, other school officials and the girl's parent reviewed video surveillance tapes and determined the girl wasn't in that hall at the time.
Posted Image

#44 Guest_erebus_*

Guest_erebus_*

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:29 PM

That's sick.

#45 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:31 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

OK, yeah there are bad cops and judges and lawyers and even presidents. Lets say your car gets stolen who are you going to call?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: You call the cops, they come out and waste a good 2 hours of your life filling out reports and asking questions. You drastically have to HIDE all the things you do because you don't want to get ARRESTED in the process of trying to allow them to help. In the end they tell you there is little hope of finding your car and they are "sorry" about the situation. Actual support and help from cops? 0.

What if you become a victim of identity theft who are you going to ask for help in catching the perp?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: You call the cops, go down to the station and fill out a bunch of forms. They give you federally prepared information and statistics on identity theft and give you ID Theft hotline numbers for support, then tell you to call your insurance and cancel your credit cards. In reality all they do is passively hand out information and tell you good luck in the future. Actual help a computer could not do? 0%

God forbid you come home and find your loved ones slaughtered like pigs, who are you going to be calling for help???<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: You go to the cops. WHY? because it's not LEGAL for you to attain your own justice; which is our natural right! So you go thru hours and hours days of unwanted stress and feelings of helplessness because you must turn over your freshly shattered life to a bunch of morons who any other day would rather throw you in jail most of the time than look at you. Ultimately they treat you as much like a suspsect as a victim and therefore add more stress and pain to your life than you need. There is a chance they will find the perp; if they do there will be a long drawn out trial which will be torturous for you and ultimately there is a chance this man will be set free. Of course the system might find your justice and that might be enough to appease you. But there is a good chance you will get more pain than anything else out of this process.

Lets say a loved one of yours was kidnapped for ransom? You’re not going to call them for help?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: First they won't do jack for 24 hours without proof or kidnapping (letter / etc). Then you must go and fill out forms etc. Your primary concern at this point is to get your loved one back. They have 3 concerns: get the loved one, get the "perp", and do it without loss of the ransom money. Hopefully they will be of the nature to put that first goal ahead of the other two, but not always. Also in cases like these the wealth and power of the individual or individual's family being kidnapped really determines the response from the police. In reality this situation is a MOVIE not real life unless you are worth some good amount of money. In which case there is little chance you really are an innocent bystander. YOU work within the system and it is YOU the police are designed to protect, not the rest of the world. It is a matter of status and class.

Lets say some one took a few pot shots at your house and blew out a few windows...Turn the other cheek?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: Same as the answer to number 1. They come out to your house; you get scared and hide everything so they don't ARREST you in the process; you fill out a bunch of forms wasting hours of your life, they leave and you call the insurance company. Actual Help? 0%. Their main job (as you see so far)? Form Runner.

Your wife calls you on your cell while your at work in a panic and says she has locked her self in the bathroom and that some one was trying to break the door down...See where this is going?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
ANSWER: Yeah you call the cops, unfortunately they arrive too late and your wife is dead. However if you call your neighbors and friends, they arrive post haste and save the day!.

That last was prolly a bit drastic, but my point is valid. They CAN Be helpful but in reality all these situations are the exact situations that cops have become useless for. Now let me get one thign straight - I don't hate all cops, but i dislike cops in general as a rule of thumb. However I still reserve judegement when having to encounter a cop until i interact with said cop. There ARE cool cops out there who DO want to help. My friend and i were pulled over only 2 days ago in his jeep, only because the cop saw the lights were out (electrical probs). When we explained it he just said "run with your high beams on until you can get it fixed, I know how tough jeeps can be. Be careful!" and let us on our way. He was really looking out for our safety. However most cops aren't like that. I have LITTLE respect for the organization but I still reserve judgement of any individual until I have a reason to judge them for their actions.

#46 Guest_jinzo_*

Guest_jinzo_*

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:43 PM

Pessimism versus optimism. A losing argument for both parties as they are both convinced they are right and they are.

My glass is half full, yours half empty.

#47 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:48 PM

actually i am a very optimistic person; however i also view things as they really are Posted Image

But as the nature of duality implies you are right; both are true. I was just providing the other half of the whole. In all those situations the cops COULD help, true.. but in reality they more often than not cause more harm than good, unless you are the upper crust.

#48 Guest_erebus_*

Guest_erebus_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 01:52 AM

It's all Big Business.

If money were not involved, the cops wouldn't even piss on you to put out the flames consuming your body.

Money truely is the root of all evil.

Drugs wouldn't even be drugs without money, they would simply be means of self exploration. Literally, this sounds stupid but I'm sure you know what I mean.

#49 kahlil

kahlil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 03:36 AM

Well said by Ridder, i agree with that.

#50 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ings/index.html

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- Three New Orleans police officers Monday pleaded not guilty to charges of battery in the videotaped beating of a 64-year-old man, as federal officials opened a civil rights investigation into the incident.

Portions of the arrest were captured on videotape by two news organizations. CNN footage showed the man, Robert Davis, lying on a sidewalk with his head and shirt soaked in blood.

Davis, a retired teacher, was treated and released after the incident. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on an array of charges, including public intoxication, battery on a police officer and resisting arrest. (Watch raw footage of the beating -- 1:26)

His defense attorney, Joseph Bruno, told CNN his client had not "touched a drop" of alcohol Saturday night before the beating.

The three officers charged in the incident -- Lance Schilling, Robert Evangelist and S.M. Smith -- were released on bond after appearing before a judge to make their pleas.

All three have been suspended from duty without pay, and a trial was set for January.

Police Chief Warren Riley vowed to take "decisive action once we gather all the facts."

Davis is black; the three officers involved are white.

The Justice Department said Monday that a civil rights investigation had been opened in the case.

FBI agents will work alongside the New Orleans Police Department's Office of Internal Affairs, said FBI spokesman Stephen Kodak.

Riley, who is black, played down the role of race in the incident.

"There is no evidence to prove this was race-related," said Riley, adding that he does not think there is a problem with race within the department.

The Police Association of New Orleans said the three officers were "upset they were suspended."

"They thought their actions were justified given the circumstances that were at hand," said union spokesman Lt. David Benelli. "They thought there should have been a full investigation before they were basically issued a summons and arraigned."

Caught on tape

In an interview with CNN, Bruno said Davis had returned to New Orleans to check on two pieces of property he owned in the city's flooded 9th Ward.

Davis was in the French Quarter Saturday and had stopped to ask a police officer on horseback about the city's curfew.

According to Bruno, a second officer approached and "apparently said some ugly things to my client. And my client said, 'I think that's unprofessional.'"

Davis then finished his conversation and began walking across the street, Bruno said.

"As he was walking across the street, he was struck from behind, and that's when the altercation began."

An Associated Press photographer captured video of the incident, which took place at 9 p.m. outside a bar in the French Quarter.

The video showed two police officers apparently trying to arrest Davis. Another officer on horseback maneuvered his horse, partially blocking the photographer's view.

But the photographer managed to get more footage, in which the officers appear to punch Davis -- including several blows to the head. His head also appeared to hit a wall.

Later in the video, four men -- two clearly uniformed police -- pushed Davis to the ground, placed him in a headlock and apparently tried to handcuff him. One can be seen hitting Davis two more times.

He said Davis is a reformed addict who has been clean for years.

"[Police] had the opportunity to take blood or do a Breathalyzer if it were a serious allegation," Bruno said. "They chose not to do this."

Bruno said they would likely file a civil suit, but under the "best" scenario his client could "break even" due to the limited nature of punitive damages under Louisiana law.

Producer manhandled

The video also showed the officer who identified himself as S.M. Smith pushing an AP television news producer on the scene and leaning him backward against a car, pointing a finger in his face.

In a profanity-laden tirade, the officer said, "I've been here for six weeks trying to keep myself alive. ... Go home."

A CNN photographer also recorded video from part the incident. Davis could be seen covered in blood, with his arms bound behind his back.

When he tried to turn from his stomach onto his back, officers several times used their feet to prevent him from turning over. He ultimately propped himself against a fire hydrant and appeared to have suffered head wounds. ( Watch video of what Davis looked like after the beating -- 2:27)

Riley emphasized that the incident needs to be investigated before final conclusions are made.

In an interview Monday with CNN, Riley said the three officers used "force that was beyond what was necessary in this incident, based on the video."

But he added, "If the evidence shows that they were following policy and procedure, we will not be taking such punitive-type action."

The incident also put an already stretched police force under further scrutiny.

Since Hurricane Katrina hit August 29, hundreds of officers have walked off the force, others have been accused of looting and some of those who remain lost nearly everything in the storm but continue to work long hours. (Full story)

The chief added that most of the police force has conducted itself heroically since Katrina and that they will continue to do so -- an assessment that Bruno and his client agreed with.

"[Davis] does not indict the New Orleans police department. He, like the rest of us, are incredibly grateful for the heroic action that most of the officers" have done since Katrina, Bruno said.

At the same time, he said his client doesn't want to return to the city. "It scarred him."

CNN's Alina Cho, Terry Frieden, Rod Griola and Chris Strathmann contributed to this report

#51 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

I saw that on TV..they beat his ass...

#52 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:09 AM

when i saw the police beating him,
a 64 yr old white haired man
unconscious, leaving him lying in a pool of blood
i got very angry.
i'd like to see them pigs unarmed and in my cellblock someday.

#53 OmBudsMan

OmBudsMan

Fruit lover

• Expired Member
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:45 AM

It was disturbed seeing him on the ground with blood and pieces of him hanging from his head.... the video can still be viewed on cnn.com in the top right corner headlines.

#54 Invader Zim

Invader Zim

Cisco Certified Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

"kill cops because cops kill" - leftover crack

www.leftovercrack.com

#55 OmBudsMan

OmBudsMan

Fruit lover

• Expired Member
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:25 AM

I've been watching some coverage of the incident on CNN..... those cops are, and I quote, 'upset' because they were suspended and they aren't getting payed... seeing as there actions were justified in their opinions.

woah.... one unarmed old man getting beaten down.... on top of a camera crew person getting threatened.... yeah... lets see how they get out of this one.

#56 kaysuds

kaysuds

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

It's foolish to relate the actions of these guys to all cops.

#57 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:43 AM

i'm sure there were a few decent nazis too
nevertheless all were held accountable for the sins
of their brothers-in-uniform.

#58 kaysuds

kaysuds

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

my god man.

#59 vrooota

vrooota

Onamonapia

• Free Member
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

ehhh I dunno about that...I guess I gotta hate the uniform and badge because of the behaviour I see it inspire in all who don it, but not the person underneath; I'll judge them later.....this shit is really horrid though, 4 armed men taking down an old guy for nothing and then acting like they should be able to do it w/o getting filmed....yur preaching to the choir hip

#60 vrooota

vrooota

Onamonapia

• Free Member
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

oh lord not the nazis

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!