• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 hallucinogeneti

hallucinogeneti

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

Back to the hate thing. There's also some evidence that feelings affect things on other levels. There have been tests on water droplets that have hateful and loving feelings given to them by humans. And the water droplets microscopic structure actually changes depending on the emotions. Same thing with plants. If you curse at a plant and get angry at it every day the plant will grow shitty or die. And if you sing to it it will help it. The things we call "vibes" may have a seemingly undetectable prescence but have a definate affect on things. That might be reading too deep into it but I say it's not totally out of the question.

#122 omnibot

omnibot

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

Sources?

I think the effects you're talking about are quite sketchy scientifically and very much uncorroborated.

#123 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

I simply cannot resist. First off I owe Hip a big apology. Sorry, there it is, I was wrong, will never happen again. I didn't do anything specific or promise the same but I mentioned possibilities I had absolutely no business doing so at all & I was totally wrong. Sorry, I'll never show such disrespect ever again, truly my fuck up. Also that dumb shit that was mentioned will never be acted on as a tribute to the dignity of this site & Hip personally.
I have the ultimate respect for Hip & Shed, both have showed exceptional kindness toward me personally. Sheds' attitude, as well as Hips' have actually added to my life. I was about to call Hip on suggesting violence toward law enforcement, but at the same time I have taken the same concept to extremes & do not deal with low level public servants in any form aside from using them as the puppets they are. Don't call me on it soo easy Hip, staying silent is a choice.
As for the anti-Bush wagon, I'm all over it & it's an easy ride. Read the papers, call it a day. WHAT???
Shed, I sincerely hope Mrs. Monkey is okay, my prayers to you brother.

#124 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

that's crazy shed, not that it matters to the thread, but I am left wondering if she was still your wife at the time. You don't have to think about it or talk of it more if you don't want, but I'm just curious now.

So as to not go too far off topic I will try to keep the answer short. I don't mind discussing it. Ancient History. :) Anyway, it was actually while we were living together BEFORE we got married. She and I both grew up in the same church and had been dating since early teens. The summer before we got married she stayed on my dads farm. I had a job doing janitorial/groundskeeping stuff over the summer at the local grade school. She stayed and helped him deal with the cows and sheep since she was an FFA girl. He was the replacement father she never had. My mom had left him the year before for 20+ years of emotional abuse so he was very lonely. I came home one day and she was catatonicly crying. Total personality inversion and regression. Refused to talk to me about it. Wouldn't let me touch her. Found out a few days later that she had some bruises on her breasts. She never would talk about it. Had to send her 300 miles away to her folks while I wrapped up shop and moved to be with her. Married her a couple months after cuz we thought we loved each other. Tried for 3 years to make it work but she had turned totally frigid. Finally at the devorce she all she would say was: "Whenever you touch me all I see is his face." She then decided to have a second adolescence and ran off with one of my new college buddies and got pregnant by some other guy. Haven't talked with her since.

One weird consequence of this was that I got laid a LOT more while we were dating (first girl I ever had and only during that whole time) than after we were married. We went for nearly a year at one point without having sex. What a fucked up starter marraige! heh

OK enough about the crazy monkey.

Back on topic of EVIL and HATE:

be careful not to pigeon-hole Evil as ONLY a tool. Certainly the current USA administration is expert in weilding fear and labels to herd the sheeple. Can anyone say "Orange Alert!" or Axis of Evil? Some of what the US gvt does is certainly evil (cough, lobbying, cough), and some people are so into a tight focus of what they believe is right that they are willing to sacrifice ANYONE OR ANYTHING to make their vision come true. There are ALWAYS fanatics who end up becoming the very things they hate.

For instance, I think a large majority of the 1930 - 1940 German population were duped into buying into an evil method for a laudable goal (goal of economic prosperity) and ended up being led by one of the most charasmic Evil people in history. WW2 and the loss of 6 Million Jews and countless millions other minorities ended up as grist for the economic mill. I cite this as the most evil thing I can think of.

And Bush (and Clinton, Reagan, etc.) know also that war is good for business. If its foreign wars we can sell arms to both sides with a few accounting tricks. If its our own adventures, well, the US war machine is an economic engine all its own. Just add young order-following kids.
What are a couple thousand US lives and tens of thousands of some "feriner's" lives compared to keeping us in SUVs and relatively cheap gasoline? They have done the math and come up with the same answer for the last 100 years: Greed is Good. If we had records going back into pre history I bet it has been the same since the first clan wars.

woops...didn't mean to rant...just wanted to clarify that Evil is a tool PLUS a real quality of a person or institution/corporation.

Oh...and Lefty, thanks for the kind words and thoughts. The rest of your post leaves me with the distinct feeling of being out of the loop and from the sound of it I don't wanna know. Keep your blood pressure low, bro. You'll be healthier. Breathe in. Breathe out. Very important.

#125 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

...sorry, I had to assemble a toy for my kid's b'day party...

anywhiner, proving the non-existence ofevil isn't anything I'm able to tackle, but I've been hearing a lot of the word lately, and it makes me think...isn't it just too easy to label things evil in this social climate?
Isn't it sort of a lazy damning of the subject to say ____ is evil and never look beyond the good or bad/black or white of ____?

Could it be that there is more to the picture - any picture?
ie. What if B2K gave blood once a month...or Jeff Dahmer liked to sing karaoke to old Bee-Gee's songs.

It's a shame that Bill O'reilly, and other popular (preachers) polarizes their audiences with these notions of evil in order to muster a little hate.

I'll stand by this:
Evil is a notion used to control the superstitious.

Human nature deserves to be better respected than to be labeled as basically evil.

I hope that's not too vague.

Anywhiner, first off God Bless Shed's' dad because it made him, atleast in part, who he is today. No negative influences are to be blessed, but their affects are often enlightening, and may in-part allow forgiveness.
Now, friend, I invite you to discuss evil with me personally, as I have probably been evil incarnate more than you have seen in movies or read about. I can justify it, utilize it & stick it up your ass with a smile. Hate need no mustering, just a proper breeding ground. I shall not reveal where mine came from, but I lived & was that very emotion for a very long time. I find it very easy to identify with, and have friends here that have shown me a better way. I ask you to go through my history of posts here & my interactions with folks right here as a microcosm of who I was & am now. Your illustrious pronounciousations on human nature are absolute horse shit, look into product of environment thought process before you sell that here. Tell that shit to the tourists, better is known & lived. But just for the interests of conversation, I do invite your continued thoughts on the topic you feel you are informed on. I feel you are absolutely ignorant on the topic. I would really like Hip to invite my continued participation on his site & this topic, sorry man, I know I fucked up, I offer no excuses. But as for your topic M.O.M. I am well versed.

#126 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:08 AM

you're welcome to stay, lefty.
just behave.
;)

#127 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:43 AM

There is no difference between poisoning someone and refusing them the antidote.

the law, and society in general,
doesn't see it your way.
although there has been some recent movement
towards 'good samaritan' laws that obligate bystanders
to render assistance,
in most of the world thru most of human history
people have been free to ignore the plight of others.
and this is still largely the case.
now you choose an example well suited for arguing your point,
but to be a bit less dramatic/extreme,
it matters not how skinny or hungry you are,
i have no legal obligation to give you any of my food.

#128 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:49 AM

...sorry, I had to assemble a toy for my kid's b'day party...

anywhiner, proving the non-existence ofevil isn't anything I'm able to tackle, but I've been hearing a lot of the word lately, and it makes me think...isn't it just too easy to label things evil in this social climate?
Isn't it sort of a lazy damning of the subject to say ____ is evil and never look beyond the good or bad/black or white of ____?

Could it be that there is more to the picture - any picture?
ie. What if B2K gave blood once a month...or Jeff Dahmer liked to sing karaoke to old Bee-Gee's songs.

It's a shame that Bill O'reilly, and other popular (preachers) polarizes their audiences with these notions of evil in order to muster a little hate.

I'll stand by this:
Evil is a notion used to control the superstitious.

Human nature deserves to be better respected than to be labeled as basically evil.

I hope that's not too vague.

who said that human nature is basically evil ?
why, it was you.
no one else here said that.
it's quite a bit of a leap to go
from recognizing the existence of evil
to declaring humanity inherently evil,
and we did not make that leap.

it seems to me that your argument is basically one of
political correctness.
you don't think it's 'nice' to call someone evil.
you'd prefer a softer, fuzzier word , perhaps ?

anyway, i daresay good deeds like giving blood
do not cover up heinous crimes like rape, torture, murder.
in the real world there is no atonement,
no sacrifice
accepted for criminal evil.
the victims may offer personal forgiveness,
that's to each to decide.
but society demands punishment,
evil is made to pay a costly price,
often life itself.

#129 vrooota

vrooota

Onamonapia

• Free Member
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:20 AM

wow too much here to even digest completely. Like someone said earlier; I also feel as if my life and the evolution of my personal beliefs has benefited from the knowlege and insight of the people on this site (or maybe it was just the mushrooms). Either way hearing life stories and seeing the expression of sentiments I've had myself only orders of magnitude less intense than lefty's feeling of being hate incarnate(for example) have really left me feeling particularly blessed by god(whoever/whatever he may be). You know you're on a good discussion board whenever a run-of-the-mill rant against police brutality(perfectly acceptable to me in and of itself lol) turns into a literary work of philosophy and commentary on multiple topics. It also helps that some of you are such damn good writers.
"I love all of you, hurt by the cold
So hard and lonely too, when you don't know yourself" -RHCP
Alright group hug guys :)

#130 stiffus

stiffus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

"who said that human nature is basically evil ?
why, it was you.
no one else here said that.
it's quite a bit of a leap to go
from recognizing the existence of evil
to declaring humanity inherently evil,
and we did not make that leap."

I 'didn't make that leap either.
I was trying to express the idea that by calling someone evil, you negate the non-evil part of the same person.

And in the real world that I live in too, there is no atonement for your misdeeds, but the same horseshit idea still applies: a rapist might also be a good priest. So lock up the good priest for being a raper; all I'm saying is that he's also a good priest. Yeah I know it's creepy.

And Shed's right. Evil is both things then.

"now you choose an example well suited for arguing your point,
but to be a bit less dramatic/extreme,
it matters not how skinny or hungry you are,
i have no legal obligation to give you any of my food."

Right. And you would not also be hurt knowing that you let me starve as a result of your hate? Are there situations when empathy can be sliced out of your persona without leaving a scar? Maybe there are.

"Your illustrious pronounciousations on human nature are absolute horse shit, look into product of environment thought process before you sell that here."

I'm not selling, I'm sharing. I'm really not trying to be illustrious. I'm always looking for a deeper understanding of (human nature,) and am not trying to foist my opinions up anyone's ass. But maybe I came off that way, and maybe a good swift kick in the head would do me good. Hit me. As far as my thoughts of human nature go, some of the book I'm reading right now (the blank slate - steven pinker) probably oozed into my posts.

Now to everyone: if I've offended someone personally, it was not my intent.
I'm here for the same reasons (I think) most of you are here. I want to explain things I can't explain, I want to learn about things I don't know anything at all about, I want to feel like I'm part of something worthwhile, I want to feel good about myself.
If I'm in the wrong place for all that then please let me know, and I'll pack up my misguided sentiments and hit the trail.

#131 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

got cops on the block who sell hard (crackcociane) they got the whole place locked down . they get there cut of all dope/cash that flows threw that place . the police forces everywhere have bad cops. this isnt anything new . power always currupts and always will. I kinda understand why the new orleans cops lost there cool . its no excuse !!!! but stress from the damage control whould make any of us break out a can of whoop ass . If the wrong mofo said the wrong thing at the wrong time . still an abuse of power . just saying I understand that with presure there can be explosions when there isnt a vent or time to vent . The race card is B.S imo in this case . they sure did look like they where going to beat the shit out of the white press agent there for a second . just my two cents
later VII

#132 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:11 AM

i don't know if the victim's race was an issue in the officers' mind/s,
there is no way to ascertain that.
it's not an issue for me.
my outrage stems from the fact that the man, 64 years old,
was no threat to the half dozen heavily armed piggies around him.

#133 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

yep, one cop should've been able to cuff him without any brute force, they are trained for that I think.

#134 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

A BEATING BEATS A BROOM STICK IN THE ASS !!! lol . was that in florida? where dude got f#%^*d up the ass when in police costudy with a plunger/broomstick ? with no vasaline . Anyone else remeber that ?
later VII

#135 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:24 AM

That was New York, made a fellow from Haiti rich, but at what a cost! Orange County, Ca. was just in the news as a great county jail to get the royal shit kicked out of you. I'll try to find the link...

#136 ZhillaXXX

ZhillaXXX

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

When a fellow drives by in a truck slowly playing awful chimed music and has a bunch of kids racing after him, you kind of figure the ICECREAM MAN will have Icecream. If a man (or manly woman) walks up with shackles, pepper-spray, a club, a radio for backup, oh, and not to forget the gun and all the RE-LOAD ammo,or the little chunk of metal on the chest giving full protection from immediate consequence of action, HMMMM I'd think it safe to say the fucker isnt there to get you any icecream!
I have seen cops be friendly and helpful, I've also seen some truly monsterous fuck-ups be cool from time to time. I those acts of kindness are accidental or in some way adventageous to them in some way not obviouse. I dont blame the system for cops being bullies, I blame bullies for being bullies.
Why does a fucking pig need to cuff a 64 yr old man in the first place? what warrants that particular man being arrested in the first place? with everything going on the way it is down there in NewOrleans, who gives a FUCK if the guy WAS plastered?! if it was Marti Gra, it would be fine! But what the situation was after all the Bullshit is rinsed off is some fucking bullies taking thier frustration and anger out on some one least likely to fight back! I dont recall too many instances where cops are taking down a person thats drunk if they are loaded with money or clout. and boy do they scream when they are ticketed or asked to live by the same rules!
The uniform doesnt make a bully a bully, but its a real good indication of being one.
I think that the issue of race is actually (in many but not all cases) just one more thing a pedator takes into consideration when chossing its victim. A person of race or low social status just happens to be easier to victimize with out the fear of consequence.
but yeah "FUCK EM" I wont feel a bit bad to see those pricks find justice they deserve.:flamer:

#137 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:19 AM

They have lots of maneuvering room, to get whatever they feel needs to get done. I've been arrested, but the search was illegal. Still cost me lawyer money. One cock even tried to trick me into signing a confession for a serious crime under the argument of "Why not say what really happened so the jury will be lenient, since we already have proof to prosecute with", bullshit. There's even shit as petty as every last traffic ticket that was argued, a cop's lied about some detail to nullify the argument. Hassled, bullied, lied to, taken advantage of just for some tally marks, fuck em.

I don't like cops, nope. I don't like the kids in the future police "club". Even the way they walk pisses me off. You wanna hear what I think of my protectors? They tear people down, they don't build em up.

#138 AfraidofAmerica

AfraidofAmerica

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

Oh man...cop bashing, I have to get in on this one. They are bastards...every damn one of 'em from the moment they slide on the uniform. I was arrested a few months back by a cop who was in one of my classes at the college. When he wasn't wearing his "Got Jesus" t-shirt the prick would wear his uniform to class, gun and everything. Man that made me uneasy. I don't care if he just came off duty the bitch can leave the utility belt in the trunk of his cruiser.

The next city over has over 30 vacantcies in the police department most of which is due to officers being fired for stealing anything that isn't nailed down. Half the cops then spend there time chasing down speeders, or giving people tickets for a blown tailight, or the latest craze...following to closely. I saw the fuckers pull over a mailman last week. Then they waste too much time and energy concerned about things like window tint, or loud music. My buddy got pulled over once b/c I had my foot propped up on the door "blocking the rear view mirror" he said..."who knew" I said.

I'm a firm believer that you have to fail an apptitude test before you can become a cop. Just like you have to fail an IQ test to be a PE teacher. They're just natural born ego maniacs driven by testosterone and the need to abuse the only position of authority they could ever achieve in life.

Oh yeah...and where the fuck is a cop when you need one.

NWA said it best "Fuck tha Police"

Peace
-AoA

#139 Friend's Cat

Friend's Cat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

Let's face it, given the chance, the police will treat you like a king.

Rodney King, that is...

Rage against the outrageous acts perpetrated by cops on a regular basis is not only justified, but a sign of one's humanity.

#140 AfraidofAmerica

AfraidofAmerica

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

I was at a protest recently. This particular demonstration occurs the same time every year for the last 15 years. It's always been peaceful with no violence to speak of just a bunch of priests, nuns, hippies and sympathetic souls. Anyway the police had created a scene unlike anything I have seen at any other protest and I've been to. They set up a check point on the street leading to the protest area with several cops randomly checkin bags and using camcorders to record everyone entering the street.

Down near the stage area was a mobile watch tower on a hydralic lift about 20-30 feet in the air. This thing was a sealed steel box with tinted windows, rifle ports, spot lights, loud speakers and video camera attached to the outside of it. I'd never seen anything like it for such a comparitively small event. Oh an all the cops carried gasmasks strapped to there legs.

Anyway I felt like the whole thing was pure intimidation and wholly unessecary. If anything it would put most people on pins and needles and seem to enourage an escalation.

Peace
-AoA

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!