• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 taz

taz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

hi i have one grow under my belt got a bit over excited and went with wbs as my sub and well as you guest it i didnt get much of anything got about a good 2.5 to 3 oz so i yilded about 1 oz kinda dry shrooms per 10 cc of spores not good so i was thinking forget doing all this high speed stuff and go with simple pf cakes for my second go around but this time iv moved and my land lord comes in evry once in a while so growing out in the open is out of the qestion so i found this speaker box that i have that i can fit about 12 jars in i dont know id i should put lite in the box as it might be a fire hazard. heat... i dont know where to get it i dont have space for a heat bomb so idk... i alos wondered how much should i expect to yild per cake inverto i dont care how they look since all my shrooms end up in tea or honey or sometype of food (cant stand the taste) i also have another box where i can fit about another 30 jars and a heat bomb dose fit but the box is made of cardbord so fire hazard in my book unless its just me going parinoid

#2 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

For invitro growing I have always gotten the best results using DukeX's long grain rice tek found here http://mycotopia.net...e-tutorial.html

Don't ask me about yield as I haven't been active lately therefore don't remember specifics.
However I always got faster growth with a lot less prep time and simply let them grow right in the pint jar at ambient room temp.

Good luck

#3 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Like this?

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1220469246

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1399.jpg

#4 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,961 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

Inverto is any tek fruited upside down :rasta:

J/K

#5 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

good luck with your grow. but a little advise, use some puncuation in your posts. it's damn hard to follow when everything is one long sentence. and when you are asking for advise, you want to make sure people understand you. or worse, don't get annoyed with trying to understand and they don't bother reading the rest of your post.

#6 taz

taz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

lol sorry about that. was kinda high, still am but hey. umm ... im guess the main qestion are : do i need artifital light or is exposing them to light as i check them or for a hr or 2 a day good? i also have another box that is made from cardbord i can fit a good 24 jars easy. would i need a heatbomb or would it be a firehazard?

#7 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

The jars only need a few hours of either indirect sunlight or artificial light per day (pretty easily accomplished). I would say an average yield per cake per flush would be 2-3 dry grams (not bad for basically doing nothing!). As long as your room temps are in the 70s, you are fine just incubating at room temps. It is a little faster at around 80, but patience is a virtue. Good luck.

#8 taz

taz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

what do you think the chances are of me pulling off a lc ? i was thinking of using dextrose(sp) becuse of alot of pepole having a hard time with karo(sp) think thats is a wise choice?

#9 taz

taz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

bump

#10 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

As long as you can keep things sterile well you should be able to make a liquid culture. IME they are pretty straight forward as long as you keep contaminates out.

Your cakes should get a few hours of light a day, artificial or indirect light is fine.

I use a heatbomb in a cardboard box, its just an aquarium heater in a large juice bottle filled with water. I assume your heater is for an aquarium, in which case it should be safe to use submerged in water via a container inside the cardboard box for your incubation chamber (wow, that was a mouthful! :lol:)

Good luck with em!
:headbang:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!