• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:54 PM

This tek is based on a 4 person dose. If you need to make adjustments, simply go with 2 grams of cracker dry mushrooms and 1/2 cup of water per head.

Pic 1- First weigh out your mushrooms on a scale or go with what you feel the need to.Then chop up your mushrooms with a knife into 1/4 inch sections or simply use a coffee bean grinder or a blender to chop into a powder.

Pic 2- Measure out your water and add to a small pot. Then add the chopped or powdered mushrooms to the water. Get a good idea of how much water is in the pot so you can add more water accordingly to maintain that depth in the pot. Bring the contents to a mild boil and then lower the heat so the contents are just barely moving around in the pot. Very little movement of the fungus works better than boiling water with the contents moving vigorously. You can cover or leave uncovered. Just make sure you maintain your water depth by simply adding a smige of water here and there. Don't worry about adjusting the heat to speed things up after you add water. It will get back up to temperature soon. Allow the mixture to steep, stirring around every 5-10 minutes. Don't leave the house or get stoned and forget about your tea project. It's not funny when your pot goes dry and the horrible smell reaks through your house.

Pic 3- Allow the contents to steep until your fungus turns this brown color. This is key in steeping all the actives out of the fungus. It might take 30 minutes or an hour, or even longer. Don't try to rush things by boiling. It will not help at all. Most of the actives in mushrooms are steeped out just a little bit before this point. Steep'em good, while maintaining your water depth. It doesn't have to be the perfect depth, just close as you can get.

Pic 4- Then slowly drain your tea back into the measuring cup. If you use a pot that's smaller than the measuring cup, it's easier to contain the mess from the tea dripping off the bottom of the pot from pouring. Or simply use a larger pot to pour the tea into. Use a spoon to hold back the mushrooms while pouring. Do it slowly so you can use the spent fungus as a filter while pouring. The spent fungus will provide a perfect filter so vermiculite, soil, or any other types of things that you don't want in your tea from getting in there. Or you can use a strainer, but the fungus will work wonders for filtering if you take your time pouring.

Pic 5,6,7- Smash down the fungus with the back of a spoon so you can get the rest of the tea out of the fungus. Then pour out the rest. As you can see, i'm a little short of the total amount I like per person. So simply measure out the needed water to make up the total and add it back to the fungus in the pot. Steep again for about 10 minutes, reasuring you got all the actives. Pour out again as before. And there you have it. Tea that's gotten all the actives out, making sure that the tea is going to do what it's supposed to do. KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! You can simply buffer the taste with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey with a hint of lemon per dose. I prefer to go raw dog! Just remember. No matter what tek you choose to go with, make sure your steep your fungus until it's turned brown. It's spent! The tea will be potent as it can get. Good luck!

Pic 8- Cheer's! I'm goin fishing! :D

Attached Thumbnails

• pic9.jpg
  • pic8.jpg
  • pic7.jpg
  • pic6.jpg
  • pic4.jpg
  • pic5.jpg
  • pic3.jpg
  • pic1.jpg

• Cabbit, SteampunkScientist, Numble and 6 others like this

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

nicely done.
archive material later.

#3 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

damn that is a long ass tea tek.

nice work

#4 cheeseball

cheeseball

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

So if you are using a coffee bean grinder to grind the mushrooms, how do you know how long to steep since you can't see the mushrooms change a color? Do you have an estimated time? Or perhaps that question doesn't make sense. I'm stoned :) it's 4:20!

#5 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:58 PM

Awesome TEK, Looper!

#6 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:37 PM

That does look like my future!:) So you don't eat the pulp in this one? Is the trip as long without?

I've used the chip-dip-mush method the last few times, but I'm up for a change...

I suppose if you used a coffee grinder to powder your mushrooms, you'd need a fine strainer to filter it out... perhaps just breaking/chopping them up some would be preferable to that.

#7 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

So if you are using a coffee bean grinder to grind the mushrooms, how do you know how long to steep since you can't see the mushrooms change a color? Do you have an estimated time? Or perhaps that question doesn't make sense. I'm stoned :) it's 4:20!

Take a spoon full of the mushroom grindings and they will look the exact same. Very mushy and brown. Not white at all.

#8 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:12 AM

That does look like my future!:) So you don't eat the pulp in this one? Is the trip as long without?

I've used the chip-dip-mush method the last few times, but I'm up for a change...

I suppose if you used a coffee grinder to powder your mushrooms, you'd need a fine strainer to filter it out... perhaps just breaking/chopping them up some would be preferable to that.

That depends on several factors. Strain, substrate used for growth, and the drying process. All key factors in trip times. You can strain with a strainer or simply use a spoon to hold the contents back from getting into the tea. If you pour slowly, the tea will come out first leaving behind the mushroom powder or chunks. Under those grindings or chunks will be the casing material that was stuck to the mushrooms. The chunks or grindings will filter the casing material out of the tea on a slow pour. It's not a big deal to use a strainer. The key is making sure you've steeped the mushrooms long enough to get all the actives out. A brown, slimy mushroom chunk or grindings are a dead give away there spent and the tea is ready to strain. A lot of people simply don't steep their mushrooms long enough. This is a major waste of a crop IMO. I'll put money that a 2 gram dose of my recipe will wreck you more than a 3-4 gram dose of any other tea tek. Gauranteed! :D I'm feeling the effects right now as I speak. :D
  • Aur likes this

#9 dukex

dukex

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

Nice write-up Looper

Peace...

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

I'll put money that a 2 gram dose of my recipe will wreck you more than a 3-4 gram dose of any other tea tek. Gauranteed!

lol
we may have to re-name this the
'macho' tea tek.

#11 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

LOL, two 15 min steeps works awesome for me.... But I doubt 2 grams in tea, made anyway, would get me where I wanna go...:D Also adding a real tea bag(and squeezing it out, so it doesn't absorb much magic) makes it taste like normal tea... I use I_am_me's tek. Boil water, pour over crushed mushie powder, steep 15mins, stirring occasionally, then strain, using an old t-shirt for a strainer and squeeze the water out of the mush good (but watch you don't burn yer fingers!!), save water, repeat with fresh water, combine mushie waters, flavor, and drink.. I get trips consistant with eaten doses that way, except it hits harder and faster...

#12 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:55 AM

Nice tea tek looper. I will be giving it to friends as I never make tea. I like em fresh, mmmmm munchie munchie. Hot cocoa is what I drink when I munch my fresh. Maybe I'll try a batch of your tea tek only using hot cocoa for steeping and such. I love hot cocoa!
Thanks for sharing this!

#13 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:06 AM

lol
we may have to re-name this the
'macho' tea tek.

Man I knew that was going to come back to huant me! I was feeling a little strange when I posted that. I better check around the board for more EVIL posting. LOL :D That's my bad. I'm just saying if you don't steep the fungus for long enough for it too turn brown, your not getting all the goodies out of it. Sorry. I'm not cocky by nature. :) Hopefully the illustrations and pictures will heip someone out getting the most out of any tea tek. When I wrote that I had been goin off for a couple of hours or so. It's a damn good tek! I was just runnin off with the mouth. No harm intended. Just feelin good about posting the tek.

#14 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

OK. I thought I would give an update of the tea tek. I gave the tea in the tek to friend of mine as a gift. He said he took 2- 1 ounce shots of it. He said he lost his face. LOL! :D

#15 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

you should sell your tea in a can!

#16 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

I intend to give your tea tek a test trip sometime. The last tea I actually made was from fresh mushies from a cow pasture. And that just might tell ya how long ago that was, way before states starting passing legislation to put spore killing shit in the cows feed. Anyway, that was way back then, and here we are in a whole new ball game. BTW nic pics, and usefull info for still making tea.

#17 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

they put spore killing stuff in the feed?! whoa, i never knew that. wtf

#18 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

all i do is boil a mug/glass of water in a small pot, break up shrooms, put them in boiling water for 15 minutes, strain out shrooms and shroom material, add tea bag to hot magic water, then pour into a glass with ice and lemon.......

works every time........

#19 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

...way before states starting passing legislation to put spore killing shit in the cows feed.

Someone had told me the farmers started feeding the cows citrus, which in turn, prevented the right medium for growth.

#20 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:34 PM

im with Python on this way but I make the tea first and take out the bag before I put in the shrooms

wrecks me every time

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!