• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 gema

gema

XPLORER

• Expired Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Do you guys think that posting your grow log on this board makes you vulnerable to getting caught? Can't the FBI find your ISP number from this board and direct it to you at your home address. In these time, you can never be too careful.

#2 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:05 PM

the fbi can find almost anything they want bro'.........

#3 gema

gema

XPLORER

• Expired Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

the fbi can find almost anything they want bro'.........

Sure, and posting your grow gives them proof. Giving them them more incentive to come knocking down your door at 3 in the morning.

#4 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,535 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Most people here are hobby growers if they grow anything at all. Cops are looking for the big score, not a hobby grow. Or that's what I hope ;)

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

you need to understand the rules of evidence in this country.
what you see here
is hearsay, inadmissable in any court of law,
not evidence at all.
unless one is stupid/careless enough to reveal real names,
real addresses and the date/time of crimes he 'confesses' to
and documents that he is indeed really the person making that post.
then one MIGHT be able to get some prosecutor at the local level
interested enough to order surveillance in hopes of collecting the
real probable cause needed to get a search warrant.

your real world activities are of far greater danger than anything you post here as there is no way to know when/where pictures were taken or by whom, and no way to know if the poster is being truthful.

#6 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

Plus, you know us druggie types. We all are lying through our teeth. NO-BODY is growing mushrooms...except for the couple of people who are in Amsterdam where it is legal. :D

However, just to play devil's advocate.
If you post something psilly here that shows a metric boat-load of shrooms in your state of the art multi-room grow facility...they might start to sniff around. You can only eat so many mushies.

#7 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:29 PM

So, the moral of the story is....relax and don't worry soooo much. You will live much longer and happier.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:24 AM

besides,
the longevity of many in our community is pretty convincing evidence,
i'm still here after nearly 7 years of posting,
and there are many others with careers as long or longer.
i have no doubt that the feds know who i am, where i live, etc.
but they have to follow the law,
it's a game with rules, to them.
and they only win when they follow the rules to the letter.
that's our edge and our only hope.

#9 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,535 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

I don't even think shrooms are on the DEA priority list. Most the busts I've heard about were just cops getting lucky and no investigations were involved. A large shroom grow near my area got busted a few years ago because someone broke into the house to rip them off and a neighbor call the cops to report a prowler. Shit like that is what gets a lot of growers busted. I always find it amusing when COPS are chaseing someone on the show and they chase them through some poor bastards back yard pot patch, bummer.

#10 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,540 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

I been posting here for goin on 5 years... relax and enjoy!

#11 Slimlilshroomer

Slimlilshroomer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

if your that worried run your system on a ghostsurfer. masks all your info and makes it appear you in other parts of the world every time you online. ive used it for years and no problems on anything here and ive talked about some hot shit online. :nana:

#12 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,540 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

findnot.com works for me... this post shows I am in washington dc!

#13 Slimlilshroomer

Slimlilshroomer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

yeah findnot.com is a perfect example ghostsurfer is the same thing.

#14 711

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:15 AM

Are programs like this hard to set up, and what are the system requirements , if any?

#15 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:33 AM

archive material to internet security

#16 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:10 AM

GhostSurf Platinum

Download a fully functional 15 day trial right here.
http://downloads.des.../GhostSurf.html

OR

Purchase this program from their website
http://www.tenebril....rf_platinum.php

#17 711

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:16 AM

Thanks much for the link waylitjim, Im gonna have to give it a whirl for sure. I figure it can't hurt to be a little secure in such an unsecure Net.

#18 711

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

Ok, got it setup. When it asked what state and what mirror, I listened to it's advice and picked the one closest to me. The only thing is that already is my ISP. Does anyone know if I did this right?, or was I supposed to pick another state and ISP to throw people off or something? I really don't know the definition of "mirror" in this context either. Either way I should be able to get it squared away before the 15 day trial is up and I get the permanent version. Anyone's help who has more experience with this stuff is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Fellow Mycotopians.:bow:

#19 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

When it asked what state and what mirror, I listened to it's advice and picked the one closest to me. The only thing is that already is my ISP. Does anyone know if I did this right?, or was I supposed to pick another state and ISP to throw people off or something.

In addition to masking your IP address, GhostSurfprovides all sorts of additional privacy tools,
including a copy of the company's antispyware app, SpyCatcher.

When Tenebril first introduced GhostSurf in 2001, the app masked your IP address by routing your requests through various public servers. The company soon switched, however, to its own, private servers, claiming that public servers were not only hard to trust but often terribly unstable. The new private server methodworks beautifully. If you like, you can even encrypt your Internet requests, hiding them from anyone who might listen on the wire. All your traffic does travel through Tenebril's server, but like Anonymizer, the company claims nothing is ever cached.

The app can mask not only your Web requests, but also IM messages. And with two free software add-ons, it can mask newsgroup and IRC traffic. Conveniently, the app even lets you compile a list of Web sites where you don't want your identity masked. In some cases, you'll want a site to know who you are so they can customize content, store certain information on your behalf, or provide special services.

GhostSurf also provides several other privacy tools. Its AdArmor tool can block pop-up windows, ActiveX controls, and other scripts. The TracksCleaner tool lets you erase local traces of Internet activity. And Personal Data Vault lets you hide all your system passwords and other sensitive system data behind heavy encryption. There's even the SpyCatcher module to keep spyware at bay. Not a bad deal!

#20 maynardsdick

maynardsdick

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

are you guys just talking about proxies? whats the difference?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!