• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bohner

bohner

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

ok first off, all the airports i am using are from Hippie3 and i am also using Lazlo's vanilla LC(gotta give credit where credit is do).

I made a lid. i put 4 holes in it then put silicone over holes on both sides and allowed to dry for 24 hours. I then made my syringes i took a bunch of polyfil and stuffed it into 2 syringes and packed it down to make the filters then i took 1 syringe and siliconed an air tube into it to automat the process instead of blowing on one end(it makes it easier when bubbling the solution later) and i let it sit for 48 hours to totally let it dry it wasn't totally dry after 24 hours.

I started my LC by using a 250ml jar, i put 100ml water in the jar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. i then put the lid on the jar seal side down b/c i want the jar to have a tight seal but left the ring loose on the jar. PC at 15 P.S.I. for 30 min then after PC i released the pressure from my cooker by the release valve and while hot i tightened the ring to keep seal. let cool. i then took a cotton swab with alcohol on it and put it over the hole and pierced it with one of the syringes to kill the vacuum in jar(or else it will suck all your spore syringe into the jar). i then used the same cotton swab and pierce through the silicone with my spore syringe. and allowed to grow. every 4 days i would stick my 2 syringes in to the holes. i put the non airtube syringe in first then the airtube one tipped the jar on its side and turned the pump on. the reason i like the air pump is that you can watch it bubble through the solution but also make sure you don't blow any into the other syringe.

Attached Thumbnails

• other equipment 003.jpg
  • other equipment 002.jpg
  • syringes needed 003.jpg
  • other equipment 001.jpg
  • syringes needed 006.jpg
  • other equipment 007.jpg

#2 bohner

bohner

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

i will post pics of bubling in a couple days but here is what the jar looks like right now.

Attached Thumbnails

• mycelium LC 004.jpg
  • mycelium LC 001.jpg

#3 shobimono

shobimono

Chat Admin

• Free Member
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

Looks nice.
If you bubbled every 4 days, how old are they now from the time you injected the spores?

#4 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:13 PM

Man, that jar is jam packed with fungus! Nice....:eusa_clap

#5 bohner

bohner

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

it's been about 2 and a half weeks and another thing i would recommend on the syringe without the pump get a longer needle so you can reach the air bubble so you are getting air not the liquid.

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:46 AM

update ?

archive material

#7 bohner

bohner

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:30 PM

sorry for not updating sooner but very busy packing to move. any who lets get on with this.

here are the pics of me bubling my LC so as you can see in the second pic or maybe not, i keep the second syringe above the LC and bubbles that come from the pumping of air into LC

now i am going to leave it until i move then i'm going to do alot of jars and see what happenes. i'm not sure if i should do a grow log in the other section or just start a new tek cause what i want to do is 1 dozen jars. six i am going to put a silicone seal on the other six i am going to leave the holes open and see how each of the jars go so hippie or whoever else what should i do a grow log or a tek?

Attached Thumbnails

• standard 066.jpg
  • standard 069.jpg

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:32 AM

do the log first, then the tek if all goes well

see
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=5245