Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:05 PM

or not?? never ate em haha but they were the same species

#122 wovotom

wovotom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

i can say i enjoyed my experience but i am glad i tried these AND DONT pick these wild unless you are highly experienced, you can get a good dosage for £15-30 depending on person

#123 EarleBeggin

EarleBeggin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

Hi Topiates,

You may remember me by the name as Banjojo, or Banjojojojo.

My friend brought me some Amanitas from the west coast. Only problem is He put them in a half pint jar with honey. He says they filled the jar when he put them in but now they are shrunk and floating on the top. I read that Amanitas are not active unless they are dried. Are these mushrooms ruined? Could they still be prepared in tea or something?

#124 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:10 PM

Amanita's should be prepared properly and this is done by drying them in a low heat of about 140. This converts one chemical to another and makes for a much more pleasant trip.

#125 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Hi Topiates,

You may remember me by the name as Banjojo, or Banjojojojo.

My friend brought me some Amanitas from the west coast. Only problem is He put them in a half pint jar with honey. He says they filled the jar when he put them in but now they are shrunk and floating on the top. I read that Amanitas are not active unless they are dried. Are these mushrooms ruined? Could they still be prepared in tea or something?

honey amanitas ?
that can't be good...
:drk:
178620234-shroomieofdoomiesamanita1abc.jpg
photo by Hamurabi

#126 ulatek

ulatek

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

the only experience ive had with these mushrooms, me and a friend found some growing around an oak tree (i think it was oak) in his yard, they were yellow but obviously amanitas.. we ate all we could find, about 6-7 each. i felt like id gained weight,like my body was heavier.. and things seemed funnier although i didnt have the energy to laugh, before it went any further though i got very tired and went to sleep..nothing i could be sure about, it couldve jus been that i was worn out/tired.

#127 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

:eusa_naug You are brave to eat the Formosa

Attached Thumbnails

• formosa.jpg

#128 adnauseam

adnauseam

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

the only experience ive had with these mushrooms, me and a friend found some growing around an oak tree (i think it was oak) in his yard, they were yellow but obviously amanitas.. we ate all we could find, about 6-7 each. i felt like id gained weight,like my body was heavier.. and things seemed funnier although i didnt have the energy to laugh, before it went any further though i got very tired and went to sleep..nothing i could be sure about, it couldve jus been that i was worn out/tired.

Yikes! Amazing you weren't harmed... :amazed::amazed::amazed:

#129 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Formosa vary a lot in potency. A LOT. Very hard to predict worth a darn.

Formosas need to be dried before being eaten, though, just like the Muscarias. Eating them fresh is a good way to get an upset stomach but a bad way to trip.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!