fungtastic duo

• Expired Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

I greet them daily with a smirk,
As stealthily they kill the jerks.
I love my little spiders so.
Now, I'll pick my fruit and go.

:rasta: What's up topia? Thought I'd share my little friends. We have been teaching our little girl that spiders can be very good. We have two big garden spiders in our garden which we just love. I like to see it when they got a little bundle in their webs. Means they are doing their part to keep the munching bugs down. All we had to do is have bugs on our plants. No pesticides here. Got to love the integrated ecosystem.

Attached Thumbnails

• 007.jpg
  • 008.jpg
  • 006.jpg
  • 003.jpg
  • 001.jpg

#2 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

I love writing spiders! They do pack a mean bite however, i have been bitten by one as a child, playing with it.

My great great grandmother was full blooded cherokee indian, she said when we saw them in her yard, that they were a sign of good fortune and wealth!

Have you drawn anything on paper and put near the web? They mimmick stuff you know that right?

#3 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:31 PM

i think its an honor to see them setting up homes in my cacti. in the house is another matter lol.

#4 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

the won't come into the house, but if it's your ethno cacti, of the mesc variety, then yes, you should be very very very thankful and keep that thing there as long as you can.

another reason renting apartments are a joke, you have no yard to witness stuff like this.. join the coalition for putting limeade in a mansion, all donations welcome, please no less then 10k though...

lollers, just kidding.

#5 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

i have been bitten by both the brown recluse and the black widow, so i guess i shouldnt be afraid of them, but i dont want them in my home. the brown recluse is common here, and they tend to be nasty aggressive little fuckers. the only spider ive ever seen "attack" someone before. they dont back down if you scare them.

#6 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

:kewl:

#7 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

i have been bitten by both the brown recluse and the black widow, so i guess i shouldnt be afraid of them, but i dont want them in my home. the brown recluse is common here, and they tend to be nasty aggressive little fuckers. the only spider ive ever seen "attack" someone before. they dont back down if you scare them.

hahah im going to post my brown recluse scars now

brb with a pic.

#8 chrisandstepheny

chrisandstepheny

fungtastic duo

• Expired Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

These girls been in our garden for a few months now. I didn't know they actually mimic stuff. I just seen them do zig zags. What should I draw for them? Shapes? Words? Can you state precedence?
We have more nasty bugs and arachnids around here then I care for. We have both black widows and an arachnid that looks just like it which scared the crap out of me one time cause I thought it was a black widow. But the markings are a little different and my husband in formed me it was the ladder. I just screeched like a little girl and just watched to see what is was going. Haven't seen any more of those since.

:hugs: and :kiss:

#9 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

well, the "fiddler" is my worst fear, it did all this to me!

I was unpacking a closet one early spring preparing for camping, and pulled out a sleeping bag, and started tossing it out, apparently I hit a nest, and got multiple baby bites and a momma bite, the big hole in the center was momma, and the radiant holes are from babies. It took 3 days for gane green, and "creeping necropolis" to set in badly. Took some kind of antibiotic that cost an arm and a leg, and i had to take it IV, and then dilaudid piggy backed it for pain. It took 6 months to recover, and some skin graphs to get the hole covered and the arteries tucked in there. Skin was removed from chest where I already had a big burn scar.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2777.jpg
  • 100_2775 copy.jpg
  • 100_2770.jpg
  • 100_2765 copy.jpg

#10 bucketfollower

bucketfollower

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Those are some pretty cool looking garden spiders. It would be nice to have them around and just watch them do what they do. Kind of a cool experience.

And nice fricken bites limeade! How long did that put you in the hospital for?

#11 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

:love:

#12 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

Those are some pretty cool looking garden spiders. It would be nice to have them around and just watch them do what they do. Kind of a cool experience.

And nice fricken bites limeade! How long did that put you in the hospital for?

3 months of fighting infection, 1 for recovery, then took an other few months of pain management.

but the original posters pictures blow em away, GORGEOUS ARACHNIDS!

#13 bucketfollower

bucketfollower

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Dang sorry to hear about that man. idk if this is a dumb question or not but just wondering if there was any kind of good effect that came from it?

#14 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• OG VIP
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

:lol: did you turn into spidey limeade?
Seriously those are awesome pics of your arachnids! :bow:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!