• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 heyAdroid

heyAdroid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

This is my first time growing mushies, i've inoculated 5 jars with a wild B+ strain a friend gave me, he said that this wild mushies were some though guys, well i'm going to grow 3 or 4 invitro and if i don't get lazy i'll spawn 1 or 2 into a ziploc bag following a TEK i read earlier, you might ask why invitro? well stealth and space is an issue with me so these are my best options, and i also hope this will help some other newbies like me :D let the fun begin!

SEPTEMBER 19
-------------------------------------------
A couple days back a syringe was made with the print sent to me, tried to work as sterile as possible, seems everything went good.
Inoculation took place today at around 4 PM, removed micro pore tape covering the holes before inserting the needle and flame sterilized in between holes (better safe than sorry) after inoculation new micro pore tape was placed over the holes.
I think it's important to let you guys know where i'm keeping my jars, they're inside my desktop's CPU, stealthy i know ;) haha
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1222035245

SEPTEMBER 21
Well, well, well, i gotta say i'm impressed, just 2 days after inoculation and there are signs of mycelium growth already, these guys aren't wasting any time. What do you guys think?
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1222035245http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1222035245

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 002.jpg
  • Picture 001.jpg
  • Picture.jpg

#2 heyAdroid

heyAdroid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

SEPTEMBER 22
Happy day!, no signs of contamination and the mycelium seem to be growing healthy, i'll make an update again when the cakes are fully colonized or if something unexpected happens. Wish me luck!

Attached Thumbnails

• More.jpg

#3 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

Looking good so far. Make sure they get enough light in there.

#4 heyAdroid

heyAdroid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

OCTOBER 6
------------------------

It's been 17 days since inoculation, the dunk started yesterday and it ended today, the cakes where dunked for 20 hours now they're back in their jars and i'm fruiting one of them with the baggie tek, i placed a small layer of dry verm on top of the cakes just to see what happens. Let the fun begin! :D

Attached Thumbnails

• birthing 003.jpg
  • birthing 002.jpg
  • birthing 001.jpg

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:58 AM

It looks good--except for the dry vermiculite. You want that moist to create a nice microclimate.

#6 steeq

steeq

Searching....

• Expired Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

B+ invitro, good choice.

Those cakes look good, the dunk will make a big difference. Like MLB said, no need for the dry verm on those cakes. FAE once daily will keep things moving nice for you. It'll be cool to see how the baggie turns out, are there any holes for FAE?

#7 marmy

marmy

riding the roller coaster

• Expired Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

mulder would have been able to zoom in on the computer serial # and with a rendering program enhanced the #'s and found out who it was registered to.

Of course they can only do that on tv right?

#8 bobdolerson

bobdolerson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Assuming he bought the computer from the manufacturer, and they have a record of which serial number went to who. Most PC parts have serial numbers for the sake of identifying the part and generation, though, and isn't recorded with sale.

Your PC is safe :-)

err....

your friend's mom's brother-in-law's diving instructor's friend's PC is safe.

#9 heyAdroid

heyAdroid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

lol
i didn't thought about that

well i got some water on that dry verm, i'm starting to see some clumps already on the baggie one and the other ones are getting fluffy, i can't wait :D

oh yeah and the baggie has 4 holes on each side on the bottom part of the walls and the 4 from the lid

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!