DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

nice healthy log there

#23 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

:greenboun: Great Hawaiians!!!!! Some nice monsters from a nice healthy log!!! How are you planning on dunking, if dunking at all? Thats a huge log.

#24 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

so you use either bleach or lime, or both consecutively, or mix both with the water and do it all at once?

#25 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:14 PM

:greenboun: Great Hawaiians!!!!! Some nice monsters from a nice healthy log!!! How are you planning on dunking, if dunking at all? Thats a huge log.

Actually, I do plan on dunking this log after the first flush. Since this bad boy floats, i'll end up putting it in shallow water with a wet clean towel draped over the top.

Breaking this log into 2 pieces may be necessary, after the dunk, this will be an even heavier log.

#26 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:15 PM

so you use either bleach or lime, or both consecutively, or mix both with the water and do it all at once?

I had no problem doing both at once.

See http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=5259 for more information.

#27 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

Dunk was successfull! I used a lil bit of bleach in it just to kill any contam spores that may be lurking.

Total dry weight of first flush: 138g

#28 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Total dry weight of first flush: 138g

Now thats a flush!!!! :bow: Go Hawaiians!!!!!! Excellent job Sinthetic!

#29 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

Here comes the 2nd flush, the log seems dry though it was dunked.... hmm

Big fruit here, couldn't weigh it cuz i think SOMONE *cough*klinn*cough* broke my scale :eusa_naug

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0021.JPG
  • DSCF0017.JPG

#30 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

Those are beautiful sinth! I think silly has a triple beam for sale lol.

#31 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

the log seems dry though it was dunked.... hmm

how long was the log submersed ?

#32 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:44 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

This is the same method I use, sinth. We first started doing straw logs about the same time, I believe. I always had trouble getting the damn things to stay under water. Everything I used would slip off or roll off the log. I recall you telling me you used a soaked towel to drape over the log. It works like a charm. You don't actually have to submerge the thing as long as you can keep it wet for a while. I typically go in every so often and pour water all over the top of the log to resoak it and the towel. My dunks usually last about an hour or two.

Actually, I do plan on dunking this log after the first flush. Since this bad boy floats, i'll end up putting it in shallow water with a wet clean towel draped over the top.

#33 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

Couple of hours. I think the fruiting chamber it is has a problem holding humidity.

#34 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hey Sinth, after the log was dunked did it take on more water than it could handle?
I have a colmen cooler that I use just for dunking my logs. I put a splash of bleach in the water and a bag of ice, I the have a plastic tray with holes in it that I set on top of the log, and when I close the lid on the cooler the tray pushes the log under water with the help of a stack of magazines on the lid.
I do this right in the bathtub. I let it dunk for 3 hours and then pull the plug in the bottom of the cooler and drain it. Now the log has way too much water in it, so I take the plastic tray from the top and pick the log up and put the tray under it while it is still in the cooler so the log can drain of any extra water that will mess things up in a grow area. I'll leave it like that over night with the lid on the cooler closed. Wake up the next morning and you will have a saturated log ready for round two.
This has worked great for me.

#35 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

Hey Sinth, after the log was dunked did it take on more water than it could handle?
I have a colmen cooler that I use just for dunking my logs. I put a splash of bleach in the water and a bag of ice, I the have a plastic tray with holes in it that I set on top of the log, and when I close the lid on the cooler the tray pushes the log under water with the help of a stack of magazines on the lid.
I do this right in the bathtub. I let it dunk for 3 hours and then pull the plug in the bottom of the cooler and drain it. Now the log has way too much water in it, so I take the plastic tray from the top and pick the log up and put the tray under it while it is still in the cooler so the log can drain of any extra water that will mess things up in a grow area. I'll leave it like that over night with the lid on the cooler closed. Wake up the next morning and you will have a saturated log ready for round two.
This has worked great for me.

Yes indeedy, it gets pretty wet. A few hours on a rack in a tub lets it drain sufficiently.

#36 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

lookin good.

#37 agentstone

agentstone

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:06 AM

When doing the lime pasturization.. how long do you let the straw sit after you remove it from the lime solution?

If you inoculate too soon will the PH kill the spawn media/LC?

#38 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

i let it drain off a good 12-24 hours to let the ph stabilize
doubt the extreme ph would kill all the spawn anyway
but better safe than sorry.

#39 agentstone

agentstone

Mycophiliac