• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

Agreed. Keep the humidity up, but fan it out frequently. (4-6 times a day?)
If you've got the heater on now, turn it down a bit.
If not, don't bother with a heater at all.

#22 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:33 AM

Cool, wont bother with the heater then and the humidity should still be quite high without it.

Will post some picks ot the fist flush :headbang:

#23 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

Try to keep humidity in the FC high, but not so high that it drips on your substrate (lots of dripping can waterlog and kill a substrate).

#24 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

It's been about 5 days now and not much has changed at all, no knots, no riz growth just fluffy mycelium still. I know it's still early days but do you think if I put a thin casing of coir and verm it might promate some pinning action ?

Will overlay be a issue here and will it hinder pinning because it definatly has over lay as it's effectivaly just a giant cake now and I made the surface completely flat before it colognized so will this hinder pinning or should I have left the suface uneven ?

#25 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

be patient. if your going to case, you should have cased before you exposed it to fruiting conditions or light. some people use the late casing method. look it up under fahster. anyway, i think when you do this. you wait till you see primordia then add the casing.

just be patient. let it fruit, then dunk it after your flush. and then rebirth again.

you can experiment with casings on your next run.

id say 50/50 coir/verm coarse grade is great

in the pics its hard to tell but it doesn't look like overlay so far.

you can scratch the surface with a clean fork if this is a problem. but id probably just let it do its thing first.

ill use a sink spray nozzle to hose down the substrate which actually works kinda like deep scratching with a fork. it loosens up the top and makes room for the primordia already existing to mature. often clearing up old fruit material as well from previous flush.

#26 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Thanks eatyualive !

Say there wasn't enough FAE holes in my TiT and water was allowed to collect in small puddles or just bad condensation and I had scratched the entire surface to to clear this up, would the worst effect be just late pinning ? ... just wondering :eusa_shif

#27 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thanks eatyualive !

Say there wasn't enough FAE holes in my TiT and water was allowed to collect in small puddles or just bad condensation and I had scratched the entire surface to to clear this up, would the worst effect be just late pinning ? ... just wondering :eusa_shif

I wouldn't have scratched, just increased the fanning- but you should be ok. Maybe some delay, maybe not. Don't worry about it, though.

#28 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

Thanks DR_T ! Less worried now, just going to leave it till it pins :rasta:

#29 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

I wouldn't have scratched, just increased the fanning- but you should be ok. Maybe some delay, maybe not. Don't worry about it, though.

yeah i generally don't scratch until post flush. and i would just let it do its thing. meaning. just leave it be.

#30 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

Still no pins :(

Is this normal for is to take this long ? Im using a TiT setup with FAE holes covered with micropore tape and is aired out 2-3 times a day, temp is around 23-24 oC and plenty of humidity.... never had to wait this long before. Could something be wrong ? No sign of bugs or contams just a snow white surface as in a pic above I posted but also I found strange is there is no riz growth and no definate signs of knots.

Any ideas ?

P.s could a casing of verm help promote pins ?

My substrate is 5 BRF grated in a cheese grater mixed with roughly 1:1 ratio BRF/coir.

#31 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

How long has it been?
More FAE is probably all you need. It doesn't look contaminated or anything, right? Just isn't pinning?

#32 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

Well its been in the FC since 27/9, no contams, no funny smells just no pins. I will take the lid of slightly in hope that it helps.

#33 mushhut

mushhut

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 936 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

Be parient. Things look good from the pics. Just let it be and you will have mushies soon!

Post flush dunk for a short time and wait for the 2nd flush. You secound flush sould come a lot quicker than the first.

#34 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

yes be patient. tc generally takes upwards of 14 days for fruit for me.

#35 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

:dance: <<> Pin dance :D

Only a few and one is growing from a single strand of mycelium 1 inch up the side of my tube... never had that before and it;s tiny :lol:

#36 OZZZ

OZZZ

Occultus munia es in nos

• Free Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Is it just me or did anyone catch the fact that the opening post says that he spawned brf cakes to coir and THEN soaked it in hot water?

Raziel - Obviously it didnt hurt anything and at this point definately take everyones advice and just leave it alone to do its thing.

But .. in the future ... hot water can kill mycelium. You dont want to soak in hot water after you have mixed mycelium in your substrate.

Proper procedure is to do your brf, let it colonize, once its colonized you then prepare your bulk substrate (in your case coir) by using boiling water or hot water, then once its completely cooled you THEN add your spawn (in your case colonized brf cakes) and let it colonize the bulk substrate.

Again, it obviously didnt hurt anything but just wanted to point that out in case you are thinking thats how to do things and next time you PC a substrate after you spawned :)

Looks good though! Should be anytime :)

#37 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

:mistrust: I didn't soak my giant cake or pf cakes in hot water that would be silly, I soaked the coir in boiling water to untill cool to max out absorption and to semi pasterize the coir.

"Looks good though! Should be anytime" yeah like now :dance:

#38 OZZZ

OZZZ

Occultus munia es in nos

• Free Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

lol .. I know! Thats what I was thinking .... I guess I was having a brain fart and read your post wrong ... sorry guy :)

Good deal!

I just re-read it ... I definately misread the post. :lol:

#39 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

:lol: yeah though so or I thought you were stoned so was going to discard your comments. No worries

#40 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

looks great!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!