53 replies to this topic

#41 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

Counted about 6 pins so far, some really really small and one big onethe size of a pencil rubber. Still early days to mention about no pin clusters but they are growing randomly so no good pin set yet. Very fisrt pin appeared 36 hours ago.

Out side my window is a container the city council insist we put waste food in for recycling, it has let a few fungus knats in when I open the window. Hasn't been a problem so far as they are not as abundent as the fruit flies I had a few months ago but last night I left the lid of my FC to allow for the water to evaperate from the surface as condensation was collecting there and when I woke up this morning I found 2 flies sitting there eating the myc so killed 'em (I think they were eating it or resting their tiresome wings) Just opened my FC 12 hours later and found another one but managed to kill it also. Will a few knats effect the grow much ? Not an infestation yet but they were in there for at least 6 hours but as I said I killed all 3 .... so far. FC in completely secure now and always has been apart from when I left the lid off. The FAE holes are covered with micropore tape.

Back to a more lighter note, I will post a pic of the 1st flush when it is ready for harvest as I only have a camera phone so no point now but pic of the 1st flush should be worth viewing.

#42 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Gnats, bad news.
Those two weren't eating, unless they had post-coital munchies.

#43 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

Gnats, bad news.
Those two weren't eating, unless they had post-coital munchies.

:lol:

Fuck :eusa_doh:

Just woke up and checked again and found 1 knat in there :drk: Anyway to kill any larvaethat might be in there ? Should I let the first flush finish then dunk in a 1:100 bleach solution would that help ??? :cry:

#44 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

I don't know, I failed at my attempt.

Search on 'gnat' and see what people say, there's a lot of folks that swear by Gnatrol and other methods.

#45 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

This pic was taken about 36 hours before the last shrooms were harvested and got about 120 shrooms of it and hardly any aborts at all. Picture doesnt look that impressive but for got to take a picture at it's peek. Was a hell of alot of shrooms :rasta:

19-10-08_1244.jpg

Still got the gnats but are not causing too many problems, bought some "Liquid Derris" to dunk the sub in for 12 hours but decided it's not too wise after some facts about the stuff I read on various sites so just used it to water all the potting plants in my house as im shure this is where they are breeding.

I sub shrank soo much, about 1 inch gap around the container and when I lifted it out it looked and felt like a feather filled pillow :lol: was tempted to take a nap on it. A positive thing about spawning to coir was I didn't get that annoying thing when verm fused to the base of the shroom and almost impossible to get off which make the dried shroom look very ugly. The shrooms picked were so clean with little or no debris stck to the shrroms ... very clean pick :amazed:

Coir took awhile to pin and was the longest I had to wait but when it did the size and amount of shrooms were very impressive compared to the "crumble and case with verm tek" and like I saidd, the shrrom seperated very well from the sub.

Going for my 2nd flush now, just about to dunk. Still unsure if I should dunk in a bleech solution to combat the gnats but they arn't doing to much harm and there are not that many. Should I dunk in bleech to be safe ?

#46 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

Got some pics of the first flush drying, hard to believe this all came from a single flush in that washing up bowl.

Bleech dunk or not to bleech dunk, still wondering :)

:smokin::eusa_thin

Attached Thumbnails

• 20-10-08_2050.jpg
  • 20-10-08_2051.jpg

#47 Skatterman420

Skatterman420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

nice :headbang::bow:

#48 seedlessstinky1

seedlessstinky1

Stinks

• Expired Member
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Nice flush dude........I would do a bleach dunk if you got the knats, i mean if nothing else it aint gonna kill your shroooms so thats a plus.....A bleach dunk sounds like the right path to me.......:rasta:

#49 Jigalow

Jigalow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Bloody nice! (some Brit flavor)

#50 Jigalow

Jigalow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 654 posts