• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pcube

pcube

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

Hi everyone.I am by nature long winded so i apologize now:eusa_wall .I am new to mycology but i have a long history with cacti and ganj and like that.In the old days styrofoam blue served me well.Thanks to this site i am nearing a casing and fruiting stage.On that note i required an environment.Initial cost of three sheets of one and a half inch styrofoam blue,two tubes aquarium grade silicon,and 36 feet of half inch copper pipe 75$.The fan is worth 45$[i will use two,1 for fresh air,1 for circulation?]but i got them from a foaf.

Attached Thumbnails

• styrofoam.jpg
  • parts.jpg

#2 pcube

pcube

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:18 PM

So i cut everything with my tablesaw,the stuff is easy to work with and very forgiving.I siliconed all the pieces and assembled one by one using three inch screws to hold the pcs. together.The box is 6 feet long with ten inches taken off the end for a small tank.Its 12 inches high.

Attached Thumbnails

• terrtank.jpg
  • terrarium.jpg
  • terrtank1.jpg
  • terrcopper1.jpg
  • terrcopper.jpg

#3 pcube

pcube

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

so the tank will be heated with the heater in a bottle.The thinking being the glass will help contro; the temp constant.So i'm going to hook a high flow pump i have to the copper lines,everything sits in the tank.Now air.I don't know shit about mushies so no debate hear.However i have to go on my gardening instinct and say,more o2 or co2=more air period.So on that note.One of these little babies will sit inside the box for circulation.And for fresh air the following.I grooved out some more styrofoam for the fan to sit in.To make like a small duct.On the entry side i will silicone two?[more?]coffee filters to a piece of styrofoam to slide in behind the fan.And another one on the front with a vaccuum hepa.This is my clean air in.

Attached Thumbnails

• terrheater.jpg
  • terrheater1.jpg
  • fan4fan.jpg
  • styro4fan.jpg
  • faninbase.jpg
  • fantop.jpg
  • fansides.jpg
  • fanfilter.jpg
  • fanfilter1.jpg

#4 pcube

pcube

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:37 PM

So there it is.The lid will be the same inch and a half blue so the unit is totally sealed and hopefully under my control.Cold dunking?Sterile rubbermaid underneath the box with sprinkler line inside the box and drain[not installed yet]with shut off hooked back to rubbermaid.Margarine containers with sterile water frozen and dropped in rubbermaid to bring down temp,and sprinklered for 24 hrs.I will install tapered panels in the bottom, before i put the copper in for good,to give 100% positive drain.O.K. Topiates tear it up,Whats right or wrong:eusa_thin

#5 cat

cat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

this is just unecessarily complicated

#6 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:35 PM

I'm confused on whether you're building an incubator, or a fruiting chamber? Or both? I would think, a lot easier and less work and money, build the box, make it as tight as possible, and just use the heat bomb or a couple heat bombs since its so large an area. That should be plenty to heat it as an incubator. No need for the copper and seperate tank.

I'm not really sure I completely understand what you want to accomplish with the design. I gotta say though, the design is really nice and well crafted!
I'm no help I guess lol :lol:

#7 pcube

pcube

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

Ideally it should be two units.For jars,they sit on the copper[couple extra pcs.].The tank and heat bomb regulates the temp thru the copper.The unit is sealable,so sterile ,the fan will circulate the air in the box so jars can sit with lids loose.For fruiting.The unit has [will have a drain].A tapered bottom[positive drain]. Perlite on the bottom an inch deep.substrate[straw and manure],mycelium spawn.Sealed tank with bomb allows temp control via copper pipes.three quarters of an inch of ro water.Rubbermaid underneath hooked to sprinklers inside[3] allows 10 sq. ft of substrate to be cold dunked[with frozen margarine containers of RO water].Drained.Humidity and air flow 100% controlled[with inner fan and fresh airflow fan].Temp controlled.All in sealed unit.4 units on a wall 4 walls 16 units.And they should be 8 feet long[money lacking] so 16 sq ft per x 4=64sq ftx 4 =256 sq ft of sub in a 10x10 room??????All theoretically 100% controlled with whats pictured.Cool mist-60$,ionizer-40$,pvc pipe,heater? cooler? trays.How many trays fit in a fridge?16 sq ft.?x16.....The lid will have plexiglass siliconed in it,to let the light thru.Lighting will be 400 watt metal halide blue spectrum bulb.Durations yet to be determined.I made a very small one of these 1ftx3ft with small tank and three copper tubes to hold my agar petris.Hope to fill it by the end of the weekend with petris.But i have some carving to do:headbang: Hey frakachino pm your addy for your stone.Only time will tell about this box,but its the way i'm going for now.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:42 AM

pretty fancy.
some folks just enjoy building tech stuff,
nothing wrong with that.
my only 'criticism' would be that
if i were building that
i'd use a more durable material than styrofoam
so i could use it for many years to come.

copied from
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=5222

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!