• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:41 AM

Here's a mushroom tea recipe passed down thru may family.

INGREDIENTS :

Mushrooms
Cinnamon
Sugar
Water

DIRECTIONS :

Use about a cup of water per dose and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat and add a half teaspoon cinnamon and two tablespoons of sugar. Proceed to add the chopped up mushrooms and steep it at least 20 minutes.

Concerning the mushroom dose that's up to you. If you were to make this with a gram or less i'd use two thirds of a cup of water. Anything up to an eighth use a cup of water so if making a quarter use 2 cups of water and so on. You can basically add cinnamon and sugar liberally I just throw it in there without measuring but the above measurements are excellent. It dont matter sugar will make it damn sweet and good. Just watch too much cinnamon and it'll be at the bottom of the cup and you'll have to drink it down. I chop the mushrooms to small pieces.

OK now the debate of the specifics of mushroom tea. I no longer have the cook the mushrooms on heat after adding the shroomz. The idea with tea is you want to steep it...heat water first then add shroomz and let sit in the hot water a while. I feel cooking them destroys a lil magic. The best to use would be a good tea pot that holds in heat so they can steep at a warm temp a long time. A pot with lid works good too.

When passed down to me specific important directions were given to me that it needs to be drunk quick. You dont have to chug it but get it down quik it hits you quicker and harder.

Now what to do with the mushrooms in the tea here's a few options. The first is to make the tea and down both the liquid and the mushrooms in the tea. I recomend this because youl get magic in the tea and your still eating the mushrooms in case there's any magic left in them and they taste damn good. Another option is to strain out the mushrooms and make another cup with them, rebrew em ya know. Once this was done they were strained out twice and someone sober ate the remaining boomers, about and eight worth, and had no effects so a second brew does seem to get out all the goodies. One last options which I actually do do some times with some fun effects is to strain out the shroomz, drink the tea, and then later in the night eat the strained out shroomz...they add a little kick later in the night and taste great too.

Not to brag but this tea is awesome and good vibes go out to those who try. :rasta:

#2 Yetti

Yetti

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

Thanks

#3 hungryjim

hungryjim

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

... thanks for the recipe:eusa_clap! I never:eusa_snoo used cinnamin, but, godddamn, that tea hits me quick! --Tea:loveeyes:, IMO, is one of, if not THEE best way to enjoy the magic fruit !!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!