#81 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,629 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

some more LC pics, the LC is so dense it blocks out the light.

Foolish Spartans! Our LCs will blot out the sun! heh heh... that is redonkulously dense. Nice recipe. :)

#82 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

I really like the built-in airport. I made some of these units and then forgot about the LC in the cupboard for many months. I thought it would be toast but it still worked great 8 months later.

http://mycotopia.net...es-through.html

#83 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Awesome liquid culture tek, I used 10ml of corn starch and the same for honey and 400ml of water and cooked in the oven 300 degrees for 50 mins, it came out almost crystal clear (as clear as it was before the oven anyway) and now today, not even 12 hours after innoculation I can see A LOT of germinated spores in there.

Great tek irish :bow:

#84 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

only lc that ever worked for me. i was 0 for 3 before this thing. if u havent u guys should really check this out.

#85 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

This was my first attempt at LC and it seams to be going PERFECTLY :greenboun

Sry about your troubles extrememetal, at least you ended up stumbling across this one!

#86 Phx

Phx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

So do you all think this would be a good one for edibles too?

#87 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

So do you all think this would be a good one for edibles too?

I know myself, I wanna try this LC with oysters and other edibles. I believe it will work just great and you can also, use it to clone.

#88 joystik

joystik

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

you ever considered building or buying a stirr plate?

#89 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

[F Antiqua]I know myself, I wanna try this LC with oysters and other edibles. I believe it will work just great and you can also, use it to clone.[/FONT]

I was just getting ready to attempt this with a KTO print that a very cool member here gave me. Looking forward to seeing others results with edibles and this LC tek

PBK

#90 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

Very nice. I can't wait to try this out. What type of honey did you use? My friends honey might be unfiltered or something because no matter how short of a time he pc's it he always gets sediment after it cools. Thats the reason he moved to karo.

#91 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

If he would mix the sugars with the water while it's boiling hot, that wouldn't happen. Instead 15 psi's try 5 psi's for 25 to 30 mins.

#92 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

He just finally learned how to adjust the flame height on his range he just needs to find the smallest flat bladed screwdriver in the world. Until this point he couldn't get his pc to pressurize any less than 14 psi period.

#93 Brakiska

Brakiska

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Manually remove the thing that covers the steam going out

thats what I do every few moments, while lowering the heat power of the burner

#94 Jose_sixpac

Jose_sixpac

Djembe~Woof

• Expired Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

No hijack, just an FYI

We make our own natural soaps...well about three years ago the sodium hydroxide we have always used (red devil lye) disappeared right off the shelves of every store within 60 miles of us (how far we traveled lookin)

Someone said they were makin Method man with it, so red D did the big pullout...Now come to find out it was a bunch of swimmers instead.

So just in case you can't find the Sodium H...lowes has it. It comes in a 2 lb. white and yellow container and it is called crystal drain opener...if the swimmer's already know this and have plenty for their own swimming pools, then my bad, was trying to give something back from what I have learned.

Cheers

-j-

#95 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

I really like the built-in airport.

Me 2 .Was wondering if built in can you pc it ok or even put it in oven without it melting the syring/ polyfil at 300?

#96 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Me 2 .Was wondering if built in can you pc it ok or even put it in oven without it melting the syring/ polyfil at 300?

In the PC, wrap with tinfoil really well, Don't think the airport syringe will survive 300 in a oven though.

#97 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

In the PC, wrap with tinfoil really well, Don't think the airport syringe will survive 300 in a oven though.

so what do you do change the lids after?

#98 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

so what do you do change the lids after?

LOL don't put the air port syringes in the Oven. No man once sterlized you DO NOT want to open that lids, unless you have it in a sterlized clean room or glovebox. The will just cause it to contamn and after You have wrapped the syringe air port with tinfoil and PC'd it @ 5 psi for 25 to 30 minutes, you allow it to cool then remove the tinfoil and knock it up with Spores.

#99 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,834 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

So in a half pint, 5 ml each corn syrup and honey? How many ml of multispore solution did you use for each jar?

#100 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

So in a half pint, 5 ml each corn syrup and honey? How many ml of multispore solution did you use for each jar?

1 cc works just fine for multispore solution.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!