115 replies to this topic

#101 masterplain88

masterplain88

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 809 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

mine as well great tek:thumbup:

[quote name='ishkaboo']This was my first attempt at LC and it seams to be going PERFECTLY :greenboun

#102 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,818 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

I just made 800mL of this solution at 7.5% sugar (30 mL honey, 30 light corn syrup). I will post results as soon as I see some. :)

#103 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

heres a 9 day old tly MS lc, just some eye candy for yawl and this is the 7.5 ratio and it was sterlized at 5 psi for 25 minutes, but, remember the oven works really well if you are worried about carmalizing it

p8180074.JPG

P8180075.JPG

#104 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

heres a 9 day old tly MS lc, just some eye candy for yawl and this is the 7.5 ratio and it was sterlized at 5 psi for 25 minutes, but, remember the oven works really well if you are worried about carmalizing it

p8180074.JPG

P8180075.JPG

idk how you make it grow so fast. Mine took a couple weeks to look like that.

#105 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

idk how you make it grow so fast. Mine took a couple weeks to look like that.

eh its really strain dependent man and this MS is from a isolate flush bro. But, the thing is yours did look like that huh.

#106 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

damn that is some thick looking mycelium.
i guess shaking every 4-5 days helped that.

beautiful work. nice progress too.:bow:

#107 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

eh its really strain dependent man and this MS is from a isolate flush bro. But, the thing is yours did look like that huh.

That explains it. Mine was straight MS. I plan to use a clone this next time. But yeah it did end up getting thick as hell. Was shaking once to twice a day on average.

#108 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,818 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

Oven for 50 minutes, 7.5% sugars. Strain is PE6.

Attached Thumbnails

• 090923_025758.jpg

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 23 September 2009 - 02:10 AM.
Left out strain

#109 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

:bow: Beautiful work on that LC kcmoxtractor :heart: :eusa_clap :heart:

#110 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

shijj man irish. thats some fast growth. my straw dextros water is doing okay but not even my oysters clones are looking that good after 3 days.

:bow::bow::bow:

#111 neo Figment

neo Figment

(evo)figment **OG**

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

@Irish

Are you finding that the jars are starting out more yellow from the honey and then clearing up in a couple days. Mine always start out looking dingy and I keep thinking 'how the hell...' but then in about a week they really clear up. I guess the myc is munching down on something in there.

Props by the way this tek rocks.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
  • Irishlion likes this

#112 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, mine usually start off with a yellowish tinge from the honey but within a week or so it is perfectly clear.

This tek rocks!

#113 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

Yes it will start off with slight yellow tinge depending on honey content then clear up crystal clear in 3 to 4 days or so.
  • neo Figment likes this

#114 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

do you remember if you made the syringes, bought them, or had them made for a few days before you noc'ed up the honey/
I realize that was in '08.

That was some most excellent growth @ three days. :)

#115 waterchilde

waterchilde

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'm still a reader on LC's but I have already gotten a lot of my future materials so I already have the light malt extract and the dextrose powder from a brew online. I have come across recipies for agar with both these ingredients in the agar. I realize that there are many ways to do things but when I read the results that you get with honey and karo, I will have to add it to my LC strategy. Question, have you tried the malt/dex mix in the past? I have read in a few places that the malt/dex mix was the magic elixr but now I see that results come from many different recipies.
Okay, so I will use my malt/dex mix with also utilizing your recipe ( simply cuz it sounds so easy and effective ) move forward with my LC strat. Now, do you have a recipe for agar? What is peptone and can you put antibiotics in agar, TEACH ME !!! I already have 200 petri dishes waiting to lose their virginity to a series of isolated strains, OMG, cant wait! I promise to get a camera and share everything. Peace...

#116 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

I was just getting ready to attempt this with a KTO print that a very cool member here gave me. Looking forward to seeing others results with edibles and this LC tek

PBK

Well I started this KTO LC with this tek a while back. Put it up and forgot about it. Remembered when I decided it was time to try my hand at oyster
Thought Id drop a pic to show. Might look a little thin cause I already dipped the syringe into it to suck some out.

PBK

Attached Thumbnails

• KTO LC.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!