• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 chill

chill

celtic tiger

• Expired Member
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

after having tried just about every way to make a syringe I've come to the conclusion that this is the best way to go about it.

Materials

• spore print in a plastic baggie.
  • from 1-5 10ml syringes w/ needles.

Note: I prefer 10ml syringes to anything larger. I’d rather use 2 10ml syringes than 1 20ml syringe. The reason for this is that larger syringes make injecting the correct amount of water into the jar difficult. Often too much is injected and this makes the jars too moist and so the spores don’t germinate.

You can get syringes at any pharmacy. Just tell them you are refilling ink jet cartridges. Get the largest needles they have. You shouldn’t have any trouble as junkies use the smallest needles they can find and use 1ml syringes. Also, they can be wrapped in foil and PC'd as a form of steralization.

Steps

prepare the syringe

• assemble the syringe and needle
  • boil water in a pot for 10 minutes
  • suck in and expel water from each syringe twice
  • on the third time leave the water in the syringe to cool for ½ an hour (or until cool to the touch).
Note: if you have sterile, unopened syringes you can skip step 3. Instead just open and assemble the syringe and needle and suck up the boiled water.
Spore water

• Once the water in the syringes has cooled inject all the water from each of the syringes into the baggie.
  • Using your thumb and fingers, rub the foil so that the spores are washed into the sterilized water.
  • Your water should look something like id does in the pics. Notice how dark it is. In this example, I used two syringes but I could have probably made five from a print this big. Generally, I don’t see a reason to skimp on spores since they are so easy to gather.
  • Now suck up the spore water into the syringe.
Congratulations, you have now made your spore syringes and are ready to go to the next step.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0852.JPG
  • DSCN0851.JPG
  • DSCN0849.JPG
  • DSCN0848.JPG
  • DSCN0850.JPG
  • DSCN0847.JPG

• Luckyloser, Henrysailo and headcase1 like this

#2 boatsoup

boatsoup

Master Of Spoons

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

excellent method, i'll probably do this when i get my print. and thanks alot for the syringe info, i was wondering if there was anywhere i could buy them :headbang:

#3 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

So, no glovebox needed, right?

#4 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

excellent method, i'll probably do this when i get my print. and thanks alot for the syringe info, i was wondering if there was anywhere i could buy them :headbang:

I get my syringes from ralphsters for $5 for 2 with presterilized water.Or you can spend $30 for 10 and get a free b+ but you have to remember to ask for it.

#5 chill

chill

celtic tiger

• Expired Member
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

So, no glovebox needed, right?

No, I threw mine away years ago. Takes up too much space.

#6 boatsoup

boatsoup

Master Of Spoons

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

i prefer to get things locally if possible, the less things i can get mailed to me, the better. and i'm already getting a print and some tyvek envelopes sent to me so thats enough for awhile

#7 oakchild

oakchild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

One thing to consider about syringes that dark is that too many spores in a substrate can be a bad thing as the substrains will compete with each other.

Also, here is a really cool modification for the sterile water source of the above tek.
  • drill 2 holes in a canning jar lid.
  • fill the holes with silicon and let dry.
  • fill jar with either Reverse Osmosis, or Distilled water.
  • Put lid on the jar and PC the next time you run the PC.
I don't run the PC specifically for the water, I just throw a jar in when I am PCing other things. It is really nice because I can just wipe the lid down with alcohol and suck water up into the syringe, and I can feel absolutely confident that it is sterile. Note that you will need to use an airport syringe to relieve the vacuum in the jar occasionally.

Blessings,
Oakchild

8-)

#8 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• OG VIP
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

Wow Thanx much!!!

#9 mushmind

mushmind

campus radical

• Expired Member
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

cool ideas here... maybe i'll make some spore prints soon. that makes it look easy!

#10 a foaf

a foaf

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

....this is the best way to go about it.
Materials
* spore print in a plastic baggie.

maybe i'll make some spore prints soon. that makes it look easy!

:offtopic:how do I make a good clean spore print?
i tried to search the site but didn't come up with anything good. Basically I'm lookin for the print tek that topiates are using currently.
I've got 1 cap thats lookin good. it's the only cap that's printable that came out of my KSSS syringe. all other jars died except 1. So, it's important that I am able to successfully print this cap. Or I'm doomed to clone, but I dont want to clone, I'm trying to clean out for the holidays nothing but syringes and prints in the house - NO LC's.
I might make another thread for this question. Am I threadjacking this? Damn trippy-ass ambiens got me seein:crazy1::meditate: unnecessary shit.

#11 chill

chill

celtic tiger

• Expired Member
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

this should help

http://mycotopia.net...inting-tek.html

#12 Gloid

Gloid

glows in the dark

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Donator

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

:dance:
Thank you too much, Chill. You saved me hours of reading the archives.

#13 ishkaboo

ishkaboo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

One thing to consider about syringes that dark is that too many spores in a substrate can be a bad thing as the substrains will compete with each other.

Would you recommend injecting more sterile water into the baggy to make it more diluted? If so how much? I was thinking 1-2 more syringe fulls for good sized caps, what do you think?

#14 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

For a regular print, I get around 6-10 syringes. That's way too much water to shoot into the typical bag a print comes in. I'd suggest drawing up a smaller amount of liquid into each syringe, then diluting that. Or use a bigger syringe if you have them.

#15 boatsoup

boatsoup

Master Of Spoons

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

just to clarify on this, when you inject water and suck out spore solution you are opening the baggy correct? so this should be done in a sterile environment so as not to contam your spores right?

#16 PsilocybeChild

PsilocybeChild

in the sands of time

• Expired Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

In the pictures he has the bag opened just enough to fit the syringe. That should help prevent contams.

#17 oakchild

oakchild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

For a regular print, I get around 6-10 syringes. That's way too much water to shoot into the typical bag a print comes in. I'd suggest drawing up a smaller amount of liquid into each syringe, then diluting that. Or use a bigger syringe if you have them.

Yep, I agree with Dr_T. If you have a jar like described in my post above you can just shoot the print back into the jar, shake and then draw up spore solution into multiple syringes.

Easy Peazy.

Blessings,
Oakchild

8-)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!