• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 toad

toad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

Here is one of my incubators. The cabinets are a standard metal shop cabinet unit.
I keep a 40 watt appliance bulb in the bottom right corner attached to an inline thermostat. The inside of the right cabinet is lined with Tekfoil insulation and foam board. The bottom of the right cabinet is kept in the lower 80's, above it the temp slowly drops a couple degrees per shelf. This allows me to move my jars in a cycle away from the heat soarce as they colonize.
The left cabinet gets enough radiant heat from the right cabinet to stay in the lower 70's, great for inducing pins and finishing out bulk projects.

Attached Thumbnails

• cabinet surprise.jpg
  • cabinet.jpg

#2 Guest_golly_*

Guest_golly_*

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

I like that.. Toad is the digi temp hooked to a relay that turns the bulb on...?

#3 toad

toad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:26 AM

The digital thermometer is separate from the heating loop, the loop has it's own inline adjustable temp switch which is inacurate in such a small space.

I left it out of the loop so I can use it to test all shelves temps and to test temp in other projects, other incubators.

#4 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:34 PM

Thanks Toad, I was wondering the best way to put the big cabinet in my garage to use :)
Thanks for the ideas

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:45 AM

copied to the vaults
from
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=3896

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!