• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 tobynutz

tobynutz

VIP Member

• Free Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

those are some very nice lookin mushrooms ;)

#42 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:14 PM

:(

got some sort of contam I haven't seen. So I guess thats all that sub had to give. Its isolated till the remaining ones mature. I'll post some pix of those and the contam.

:(

#43 red_lenses

red_lenses

Pandoras Box Is Open

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

Freaky,
You ever have your h-poo not colonize 100% ?
Mine is on day 10 and the bottom and sides are 100 % but there are spots on the surface that wont colonize.
About 20% or so of the surface area and 1/4" thick at the thickest point.
It does not seem too dry,it's just kinda stuck.
any ideas?

Red

#44 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

Red, yes, this is the first bowl of poo I've never had colonize the top completely. If you look at the first set of pics, the 3rd pic shows the spots that didn't finish. This manure sub took forever. It was a popcorn spawn, which I don't think spawns well on horse manure, but okay on straw.

I'm also wondering if this is what brought on my particular contam. I didn't case either.

If you want to try lightly misting yours it may help, I just decided to let mine dry out which could have been a bad thing too.
Also, I'm wondering if a casing would help those last patches finish up, I was worried it might bring contams but then it may have helped it too.

Since this was my first uncolonized 100% experience I can't give you any sound advice. Someone else hopefully has experienced it before too.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!