• Psilocybe semilanceata290.jpg

#62 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Here are a few pic's showing the pellicle of a semilanceata specimen.

Attached Thumbnails

• Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle9.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle8.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle7.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle6.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle4.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle5.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle3.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata pellicle2.jpg

#63 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

Really nice pictures there Dr.
I live in the UK and the psilocybe semilanceata season is still going strong, I started picking in late September.
I went out today and found about 250 which Im gonna dry and add to my honey jar, I reckon it's gonna be pretty potent by the spring (over 1000 have gone in so far...), I'm trying the honey out this year as a friend has been making it for years and to be honest the stuff rocks!:headbang: The secret is to get them Cracker dry firs or you run the risk of mouldy honey. Most I have ground to a powder but some were added whole.
I hope the rest of the season treats you well, Apparently we are due some really cold weather in the coming weeks (UK) so hopefully I can get out before it hits.
I've attached a couple of pics of my honey jar and some psilocybe semilanceata I picked the other week. I'll post some more soon but my cameras broke at the moment.

Enjoy your harvest.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 011.jpg
  • Picture 010.jpg
  • Picture 009.jpg
  • Picture 003.jpg
  • Picture 001.jpg
  • Picture 006.jpg
  • Picture 005.jpg

#64 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

Thank you paph.That honey looks like a good,great idea,I have wanted a jar of honey for some time now,forgot all about it.Now that I have a few ziplock bag's full of dried semis I think I will make one myself.I am going to start one this week.Just a small jar though,gunna make a 250ml jar or mabee just a 125mm.Again thank you for the reply and thank you for reminding me of Honey.A question,just noticed the white stuff at the top of the jar,what is that?How exactly did you make your honey.

#65 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

So after I saw the post for honey I decided I would make some myself.I got a 250ml canning jar,cleaned it,placed it in a pot of hot water to sanatize it.I ground up one ounce of semilanceata's just a bit before they were powder in a blender.I added some honey into the hot jar about half way full and let it get to 120F,then started to add the ground up mushrooms a bit at a time.Once the mushrooms were all in there I added more honey to top it off and stirred it while on the stove.Removed from pot of water.Photographed and placed in a cool dark spot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey15.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey17.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey14.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey12.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey11.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey10.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey9.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey7.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata Blue Honey4.jpg

#66 myceliummatt

myceliummatt

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

That honey looks really good..... the perfect breakfast treat:cool:

Matt

#67 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

Went out again today and found about 200. I took some pictures with my crappy camera, The pictures were taken in an old cow grazing pasture.
It seemed as though other people have been hunting here as there were plenty of massacred non-psilocybe mushrooms lying about, (Why are people so cruel?) :mad:
I am printing a load which I'm going to mix with water and spray all over the fields they came from (with a water pistol or garden sprayer), Hopefully this will counter act the irresponsible picking I think may have been going on.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 037.jpg
  • Picture 028.jpg
  • Picture 030.jpg
  • Picture 010.jpg
  • Picture 009.jpg
  • Picture 008.jpg
  • Picture 004.jpg
  • Picture 035.jpg

#68 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

Well this morning I decided to try out some of my honey,chunks and all.Not really sure how much I used because as you can see I made some toast.No more than a teaspoon or two at most,just kinda spread it on there and covered with some home made penut butter.Also had to get my fingers in that jar like a little kid,and lick the knife when I was finished.The honey is quite potent,shortly after finishing the toast I was buzzin,and for a while,got a good three hour trip.A nice comfortable feeling,I'm sure if I had of made two pieces of toast I would have been flying.All n all really happy with it.May end up making a bigger jar in the near future.

Attached Thumbnails

• Penut Butter and Blue honey4.jpg
  • Penut Butter and Blue honey3.jpg
  • Penut Butter and Blue honey2.jpg
  • Penut Butter and Blue honey.jpg

#69 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

I'm glad the honey went well for you.
It's really nice to see some pictures of semi's outside the UK. It's cool to think you are however many 1000 miles away in Canada and we are both hunting for and experiencing the same mushroom.
I'll be thinking of you and all the other worldwide shroomer's next time I trip.

#70 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

"You really just dont want to go out if you have had a dry period or prolonged high temps.Anything from -2 to +15 is fair game.But even on the days where temps reach +15 , +16 etc you can still find them,but they rather the colder temps."

Does this mean that if the temps go as low as or lower than -3 that there will be no more flushes??? (considering temps going back up a little after a drop)...

#71 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Well once you start getting below zero a few day's in a row,even one extreme cold night is all it takes,the ground will freeze.So will the mushrooms.-2 is extreme and even pushing it.To answer your question,If this happens and you get a freeze.not to be confused with a frost.Chances are that they are done for the year.This does not mean you can't find them after a freeze,but your very close to the end of the season and chances are you won't be finding many,if any more .Any mushrooms that were grown before a freeze will be frozen block's of ice the next morning.Once it comes to this point,I don't really bother going back out,may make a trip out a few weeks later if weather after that point has been favourable,but with no expectations at all.

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 21 September 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#72 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

And just like that the weather changes.The temp's have now dropped to -4 with a wind chill,feel's like -9.The ground is solid and all the water is frozen.80% humidity with a chance of flurry's in the morning.Well I guess that will be a season.Had a great time out in the field's searching and photographing these,and it was well worth the ten year wait to be back in this area and get the chance to do this again.Still have quite the stash put away for the winter and a nice jar of honey that I made from these as well.Have a few project's that I want to work on and can focus on now that the winter is here.Been a Great season...

Attached Thumbnails

• end of season2.jpg

#73 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

Fair play Doctor, this thread has been great to follow. Hope you have the most excellent journeys with your harvest:rasta:

#74 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

Nice thread and pics!:bow:

#75 Diver

Diver

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

How does the potency compare with Cubensis and Cyanescens? Assuming you have a reference point of course. Also are the immature specimens more potent than fully grown fruitings? Very interesting posts, thanks for the eastern canada report! "Give me Liberty caps or give me something else that stains blue" Patrick mushroom Henry :)

#76 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Diver,Psilocybe semilanceata are considerably more potent then both P. cubensis and P. cyanescens.There size can be very deceiving,especially when dried out.They can be a very intense experiance,especially when they are fresh.Fresh semilanceata's are by far the best experiance I have had from any mushroom.They are very visual,Both open and closed eyed visual hallucination`s.Give's an unreal body buzz,electrical in comparison,I have never laughed on Cubensis like I have with fresh semilanceata.Floral pattern's,wood grain,etc,seem to move quite a bit more I find,Thing's breath,Thing's like wall's and floor's and tree's and hard solid object's that are not supposed to be moving,can move great distances at time's when on these little buggers.The ray's of light we all call tracer's are coming from every light source,and sometime`s none.And what I find is that I personally don't have any pain's at all after semi's,no upset stomach,I'm not gassy and there is no groggly sound in my belly,lol,I can sleep after them much easier than I can after cube's.I have also noticed that the end of the experiance is much smoother,it almost kind of just stop's suddenly...And you notice this just happened...I like it...Can then smoke a joint and I find it will pick it back up for a while,not a full on peak,but can definatly feel them,and then could sleep with no problem's,even great sleep's..lol...As for the difference between pin`s and mature mushroom`s,I can`t say for 100% sure,but I would imagine it is quite possible that it is also the case that semilanceata pin`s are more potent then mature mushrooms,just as cubie`s and many other`s pin`s are more potent...I have not yet had the chance to try Azurescens which are quite a bit more potent still,but will be working on that over the winter,and hopefully by this time next year I will have that chance...Here is a chart from erowid comparing the potencies of species.

http://www.erowid.or...oms_info4.shtml

#77 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

liberty caps are all that and a bag of chips :drk:

tried them and suggest everybody try a small handfull :teeth:

#78 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Just an update on the jar of honey.It is getting quite dark now,been almost three week's since It started,have added more to the jar since then,there is now a total or 42 dry grams in the jar.Plan to remove the top layer of mushrooms in a week or two,place them in another jar,warm it up a bit and squeeze as much honey out of them as I can,then will strain the whole jar once to get as many particles out as I can with a filter.It will be ready just in time for my Birthday and Christmas.

Attached Thumbnails

• Psilocybe semilanceata blue honey3.jpg
  • Psilocybe semilanceata blue honey.jpg
  • Blue Honey 4.jpg
  • Blue Honey dark.jpg

#79 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

Well the spring is officially here and the summer wont be too far behind it,The countdown to semi season begins,or I guess I could start the countdown now...I mean it really only 4 months away lol.So with that being said it is time to get my P.semilanceata project ready to be put outdoors.I managed to get 11 clean jars of spawn ready for this outdoor patch over the winter.I used popcorn and wild bird seed for my grains.I started out with two jars of popcorn that I inoculated with a mycelium syringe made from an agar plate,the rest were all grain transfers.I still have the mycelium syringe in the fridge and may use it for a future indoor project...I figured I should get a few pics,and get them up on here before I put it all in the ground,which will be in the next few weeks.The jars have sat pretty much undisturbed all winter in a cool closet down in the basement.Well for now here are a few pics of my agar work,the syringe and the jars that will be used for an attempt at a semilanceata bed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Psilocybe semilanceata syringe (2).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata syringe (3).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata syringe (4).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata syringe.JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (14).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (16).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (15).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (8).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (7).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (13).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (9).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (12).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (11).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (10).JPG

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 30 June 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#80 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

A few more agar pics and the jars.I had a few jars with manure and grasses,but I lost them to a contam and had to start new ones.

Attached Thumbnails

• P semilanceata jars ready (6).JPG
  • P semilanceata jars ready (2).jpg
  • P semilanceata jars ready.jpg
  • P semilanceata jars ready (3).JPG
  • P semilanceata jars ready (5).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (3).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (6).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (5).JPG
  • Psilocybe semilanceata agar (4).JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!