• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lucysd

lucysd

untrustworthy

• Expired Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

ok so before i ever started with monotubs, i saw all the pics with the condensation on the sides of the bins

so i was worried that the water would collect on the sub leading to failure

so i got black contractors cleanup bags

and i just placed the whole bag over the bottom of the container

i bet i coulda saved some bag if i had just cut what i needed, but i like my liners to be like three layers thick

so i just wrap it around with tape and fold the sides down then wrap with tape again

till you get to about the middle of your co2 exaust holes on the bottom of the bin

since you used the outside of the box for the "mold " of the liner

the bag is gonna be slightly too big for the box and the sides of the bag are gonna tilt inwards

this way theres a gap between the sub and the wall so no water collects on the sub

real easy

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00260.JPG
  • DSC00261.JPG
  • DSC00259.JPG
  • DSC00257.JPG
  • DSC00258.JPG

#2 Psoulocybe

Psoulocybe

Hoopy Frood

• Expired Member
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

I love you lucysd! This is the first I've seen someone post that feels the exact same way I do bout liners. Sometimes I just use gorilla tape to black out the outside, bottom 5", but it's cheaper and quicker to use the black bag idea. I'd say my tubs are 50/50.

Only problem with the bag on the outside, is my usual dunking method gets a little tricky. Usually i drill a small hole in the bottom corner to drain the tub during a dunk. Lately I've just been saturating with as much spray and syringe injection the sub can handle without collecting water at the bottom. It's a little more trial and error, but anything to limit any standing water. So far I've had one contaminated tub out of about 30, and it was 100% due to standing water.

#3 Cornfield

Cornfield

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

hey neat trick! thats a good idea! i find it a royal pita to fuss with the plastic inside of the tub. Only thing that worries me is wouldnt the tape be a cellulose food supply for black and green mold?

#4 lucysd

lucysd

untrustworthy

• Expired Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

hey neat trick! thats a good idea! i find it a royal pita to fuss with the plastic inside of the tub. Only thing that worries me is wouldnt the tape be a cellulose food supply for black and green mold?

yeah that was the only tape i had left hehehehehehehehehe

i generally use automobile/ high heat duct tape

for my shit whichis another must have for my list of shit

along with my contractors clean up bags

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!