#1321 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,123 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Recently found a fast food treat that is the BOMB! Called a Steak Quesarito from Taco Bell. Was hungry as I went to the store and had not ate anything so just wanted something quick to put on my stomach. Man those things are delicious!

#1322 HankoDelicious

HankoDelicious

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

Nice to have noticed this thread. 

I love COOKING AND EATING!!! I try to follow a 'Mediterranean' diet, but ofcourse I also eat a lot of local South African dishes. Will share on this thread. :)

I like to bake my own bread,  but sometimes there is not enough time to cook and make a bread- I think that is where this recipe comes from- bread dumplings made in a chicken curry. It is what it says, cook your bread in the curry sauce. 

dumplings.jpg

• Juthro likes this

#1323 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Black Angus Rib-eye steak, nicely marbled. And my special butter and blue cheese, bacon, and garlic spread. Two full heads of garlic have the tops cut off, put into tinfoil, and olive oil poured on top before twisting the tinfoil up. The heads are then placed in the oven at 400 degrees for twenty minutes. The cloves get soft like butter, and those are blended into the blue cheese, butter, bacon. Then spread on that steak and enjoy! I sure did.
IMG_20170225_185707661.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 25 February 2017 - 09:14 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#1324 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Black Angus Rib-eye steak, nicely marbled. And my special butter and blue cheese, bacon, and garlic spread. 
attachicon.gifIMG_20170225_185707661.jpg

So, the garlic counts as your veggie? It works for me........................

• Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#1325 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Don't forget the mold in the bleu cheese.;-)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#1326 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Coop, that's the only thing I get at TB is a Steak Quesarito. At this time I'm driving to work drinking coffee, OJ and Kratom. Yuppers, very nutrition packed.

#1327 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,164 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

So tonight we did up a 'what ya got stew' version of red beans and rice. First we pulled a section of some pre-cooked 'ready to eat' kielbasa (pork) from the freezer. Once thawed I gave it three hours of smoke on the smoker. Two hours of ambient temp smoke, the burning pellets raised the temp to about 42F in the smoker. Followed with an hour of 100F smoke (I find things take smoke flavor better if they are cooking during its application, even if they are not cooking fast.)

Fresh peppers, fresh onion, minced garlic (all grown in our garden fresh) and the kielbasa sliced into medallions were sautéed in a little olive oil.

Then that was added to some left over hot pepper relish, and left over tomato sauce (both home made, and canned). Add to that one pint of home canned black beans (I said it was a 'what ya got' version). This was cooked down for an hour or two, until flavors blended and sauce thickend.

Then this was served over steamed long grain white rice (god bless my rice cooker).

A few splashes of some Franks Hot Sauce over the top of my bowl, and a slice of some freshly baked French bread on the side....

It is some pretty fine comfort food by my measure.... Sorry no pics, I already ate it all.

What did you make for dinner tonight..?
  • Jeepster likes this

#1328 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 243 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Enjoying venison with sautéed Wellington oysters, acorn squash, and spinach salad; yum!
  • Juthro likes this

#1329 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 908 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Man, that is some kicked up beans and rice.

And I'm dying for some venison.
  • Juthro and Jeepster like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!