• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:07 PM

a good way to circument one way fairs is to simply buy a round trip ticket, and "accidentally" miss the return end of the flight. on average round trip tickets are cheaper than one ways.

just a little tip i happen to know

a bit of warning on this, you can be fined / charged for doing that.. also your name gets flagged and it can become difficult to get a ticket out again when you need it. airline companies do NOT like people who do that one bit, because they could have sold that return ticket to someone else for more money.

if you think you might stay for a year but might want to return home, instead talk to a travel agent specializing in discount tickets for the area yo uare going, they are full fare tickets discounted by the airline to the travel agent and therefore have little to no restrictions. this means you can trade your return ticket in for a later date up to 1 year from purchase, usually. make sure you specify you want that as an option when you talk with them.

of course if you are really trying not to come back then it doesn't matter :).

#22 Son of O'or

Son of O'or

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:00 PM

I'm going (already got my tickets ) . This sounds like something i've been looking for , for a long time . You get to spend time going into the jungle to harvest the vine with the shamans who will be conducting the ceremonies . You also get to observe and help prepare the yage . The speakers that are lined up look to be top-notch (there will also be an open mic for participant input) . Three yage ceremonies will be held concurrently (every other night) , with the group (limited to 100) and the shamans all joining together on the last night for one large group session . My main reason for going though is to experience and pay personal respect to Ayahuasca ....in her true homeland . I'll probably only do something like this once in my lifetime.....and this feels like exactly the right time !

I will be there next year. Things are too crazy here right now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!