• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 at_ease_disease

at_ease_disease

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:22 AM

I apologize for the lengthy thread, but I'm hoping to help others as well. First off, all 6 jars were PC'd for 30 mins @ 15 PSI. In hindsight this may have been to long for the Karo as some of the sugars carmelized as you will see in the pics. I also apologize for the shitty pics (cam phone) but I do believe you can see well enough to prove my point. 1st pic is Cam in honey. 2nd pic is Cam in honey/karo. 3rd pic is Cam in karo. 4th pic is a side by side comparison of the Cam LC's. 5th pic is hawaiian in honey. 6th pic is hawaiian in honey/karo. 7th pic is hawaiian in karo. And the 8th pic is a side by side comparison of the 3 hawaiian LC's. Each pint jar was filled with 400 ml of purified drinking water and mixed @ 1tsp per 100ml, in the case of the karo/honey jars 2 tsp of each. These are just my results, but I hope it helps others in making their own LC's.
I would really like to post the pics, but ever since the server migration this stupid ass windows mobile 5.0 phone just wants to drive me insane. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

#2 mushmind

mushmind

campus radical

• Expired Member
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

how do i get your pics?

#3 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

pc @ 15psi for 25min

#4 at_ease_disease

at_ease_disease

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hey Mush, I'm desperately trying to find a way. The manage attachments icon no longer appears for me, and I don't see a paperclip or go advanced icon anywhere either. If you or anyone else can help, I'm all ears.

#5 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Appears for me so it has to appear for you...:eusa_eh:

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• dumbass.JPG

#6 mushmind

mushmind

campus radical

• Expired Member
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

i got one

Attached Thumbnails

• lc tek.jpg

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

if you used spores
your 'test' is fatally flawed,
genetic variations are greater than those caused by the media choice.

#8 urbanblue

urbanblue

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

I have found several rather useful things (forgive the low post count, I tend to be quiet).

First, with goliath, hawaii and jalisco pans, popcorn seems to colonize hay/poo much better and faster than other grains.

Second, all spawn jars usually have some extra mycelium in them stuck on sides and bottoms after moving to bulk. If you are quick to dump and cap the jar, you can re-inject with liquid culture media and find mycelium to pick up and grow very quickly - much better than spores. Also, the grain itself (a few popcorn grains left or a dozen rye grains or so left) with sterile water provides enough nutrients to get good mycelial LC growth. Finally, after many jars, I can say that karo is better for pans than maltodextrin/light malt extract, unlike cubensis. A couple ml H2O2 per 250ml and contams are all but occasional.

Hope this is helpful or that it is not already threaded elsewhere.
  • Advocate4TheMT likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!