• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 goldenroad08

goldenroad08

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

i dont know bout the snortin or taste (although ive heard the salt is eaiser to snort) becuase ive yet to venture out and get any fumaric acid, but i do agree that the decanting would be better than just evaporting it. when i get around to doing to im going to vaccum filter the perciptated solids using my foodsaver/buhcner funnel.

now to my own question, the tek says that the furmarate forms colorless long crystals from methyl ethyl ketone, and the picture supplied was of a brown powder. do you guys think mek would be good for a recrystalization? has dmt furmarate recrystalization experiments been explored to anyones knowlege? if not just guess ill have to post my results when i give it a go after the holidays. Something tells me that the post of the mescaline recrystalization using MEK thats somewhere on this board is going to be helpful.

#22 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

My buddy says the anhydrous acetone worked great! Prob no need 4 the MEK. It didnt form long crystals but immediately precipitated out of the acetone.

However, he did sample a 100 mg and was greatly disappointed. It did not taste as bad as he thot even tho it fucked his nose up for 15 minutes, he almost puked...horrible drip taste. However the effects were just slight slight visuals with no mental effects, Definatly not placebo but that equaled he said prob 5 mg smoked. He said totally not woth doin 150 or 200 mg. He dedused this was a horribly inefficient way to do spice. What took 80 mg snorted equaled about 5 mg smoked.

#23 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

Here's the results of my friends jungle spice salting. The pics kinda suck but you can see the color. He did 2 250 ml toulene pulls, one cold, one hot. He salted the orange with what he can remember about 500 mg worth of FASA. He let it sit for a week not feeling like messin with it. There's 940 mg worth of orange powder there. After he poured off that toulene he attempted another salting. He added about 150 mg of FASA...he only ended up with 110 mg of powder, 50 mg is white and was retrieved from the filter. 60 mg of the slightly off white was scraped from the jar. The discloration may be due to a little residual toulene having to evap away. but it was obviously oranger in the firt pull so im thinkin the jungle spice alkaloids get more completely salted before the dmt fumerate.

Guess the question s what do do next. He has no use for these in their salt form. Hes been told the tek is to mix these crystals with calcium hydroxide and make into a paste with a small amount of water. allow to dry completely then pull the alkaloids with acetone. From there he can seperate the red from the dmt by using heated naptha and pulling the dmt leavin behind the red.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0654.JPG
  • 100_0657.JPG
  • 100_0656.JPG
  • 100_0660.JPG

#24 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

can harmaline freebase be converted to a salt for sublingual use using the fasa tek?

#25 duaut

duaut

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

can harmaline freebase be converted to a salt for sublingual use using the fasa tek?

I doubt it, but you should try it, syrian rue is cheap
manske is the fastest way to go and the easiest.
Whiterasta's method(my prefered path) produces the cleanest product as long as you follow his method and do not deviate from the tek. it takes time so have patience.

#26 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Expired Member
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

now to my own question, the tek says that the furmarate forms colorless long crystals from methyl ethyl ketone, and the picture supplied was of a brown powder. do you guys think mek would be good for a recrystalization? has dmt furmarate recrystalization experiments been explored to anyones knowlege? if not just guess ill have to post my results when i give it a go after the holidays. Something tells me that the post of the mescaline recrystalization using MEK thats somewhere on this board is going to be helpful.

here's the mescaline recrystallization post
http://mycotopia.net...t-w-photos.html

as far as a recrystallization solvent goes, that depends on the solubility of your salt. i don't know much about dmt, much less this new salted version, but swim did successfully follow tregar's steps recrystallizing mescaline with mek and was blown away by the results. honestly. i would think that acetone and mek would provide very similar results, acetone tends to evaporate quicker due to lower vapor pressure. but, again i don't know the solubility differences of your guys' dmt fumerate

#27 learnerdr

learnerdr

• Expired Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

awesome thread you guys, thanks for all the help and sharing field work out there.

#28 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Okay so harmaline freebase can be used for sublingual use already but swim's next question is can 5-meo-dmt be turned into a salt using fasa? thanks

#29 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

okay so i think 5-meo-dmt can be turned into 5-meo-dmt fumarate. My question now concerns the precipitation of dmt fumarate, once its precipitated out can one just use a coffee filter paper to collect the crystals?

#30 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:41 AM

can the fasa tek for extracting dmt(a/b,xylene,fasa) use hcl acid instead of citric acid? or better yet, how about ascorbic acid, vit. c? the answer is yes, it was confirmed on dmt-nexus. for all here to know.

#31 goldenroad08

goldenroad08

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

wait did u just say that asorbic could be used in lue of fumaratic acid to get dmt as the asorbic salt in acetone, or that absorbic acid could be used for the initnal acidification?

just asking cuz i cant find furmaratic acid at the local mall, there is one shop that might have it but its called psorex and i dont know how pure is and i rather not get anything of the internet.

#32 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

sorry, i meant using ascorbic acid for the 'a' part of an a/b extraction. ascorbic acid can't replace fumaric acid in fasa as far as swim understands.

#33 goldenroad08

goldenroad08

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:26 AM

yea after reading the write up again i didnt see any support for the way i miss read it. i guess i could always reacidify to h20 from freebase in solvent then evap water, rebasify in h20 and evap again before finally disolving in bestine for a freebase seperation and purification in one step.

only problem there is would miss be out on seeing the goods fall out of solution and knowing the bassified solutions and solvent solutions are fully extracted. but guess thats the only way to get around fumaric being hard to source and not wanting to evap any smelly solvents.

i guess when i figure out how to have ur cake n eat it too ill have to post it.

#34 damiana

damiana

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

what you propose is an interesting idea, it'd be neat to see how well it works. fumaric acid can be purchased online for cheap(food grade). if swiy ever wants to use the fasa tek.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!