Photo
- - - - -

Questions about horse poo [merged]

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:24 PM

Yup, most of the veil tears are nearly picture perfect.

What flush is that tub on?

I'm really glad you like em, and I can tell they like you too.

#42 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

The first 2 pix on top are of the first flush.

The 3rd pic is from the 2nd flush.

I let it flush 4 times in the tub. Today, I just dumped it into another large clear tub to see if it'll fruit again. I needed to use my tub again for some other stuff so I had to transfer it. Plus, its pretty old, this is what the lable on the blue 10 gallon tub said.

( Just as a note, the dates on the pix are wrong, they all got uploaded that day, thats why they have the same date.)

Dixieland, M.S. inoc. 11-7.
Spawn 11-23
Cased 12-1

#43 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

The specs on those are par the course. They are right on with my observations.

It realy amazes me how well these did straight out of the field. Albeit, they were a little shaky and wild acting at first, but they have really grown accustomed to home cultivation.

#44 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Its one of the fastest m.s. strains I've grown. The colors in the cap and the cap shape are some of the most beautiful I've had. I love how tall and straight they can grow. They are almost yellow sometimes, like a sun-shroom.

You may have posted before, but what were temperatures like when you found the wild specimen? If you can remember :)
They really seem to flourish and fruit well. Thanks so much for sharing it with me :) I hope I can find some more pictures.

#45 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

Ahhhh, your sooooo welcome, freaky!
I found those just before july 4th of 2004 so the temps were prolly in the 90's during the day and lower 80's to upper 70's at night. Man I miss summer.
They were growing in hay/manure on a little rolling hill. When I saw the specimen I knew that I had to start the cultivation endeavor.

Thanks for the kind words about them, girl!

#46 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

No wonder she's so quiet lately.....look what she's been doing! Saweet!

#47 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

The other day i was pondering whether thoroughbred horse manure would be more nutritious or in some way shape or form better than horse manure from your every day farm fed animal. I dont have really any grounds to base that theory on except for the idea that thoroughbred horses probably recieve higher quality food that is more nutritionally balanced than standard feed, and therefore the manure from a thoroughbred horse would be more nutritionally beneficial.

My friends dad works with thoroughbred horses every day at our local racetrack so apparently im going to give this pampered horse poo a try. Im anxious to see if there will be any significant difference.
What are your thoughts?

#48 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

I use that theory and don't worry if its wrong or right.

I have been testing two manure choices.

The first is from the horses that are fed the same grain I use to start my spawn on. They are also fed nice hay, and eat some grass, very minimal grass.

The second manure choice is from race horses also. A farm of them. I don't know what they are fed at all. Seems to be nice manure though.

I'm a big fan of using horse manure. They like it a lot. I don't cut mine with anything either. No verm, coir or anything. Though I should, it'll add more volume maybe.

Dial8, I ran these warmer, around 80 degree fruiting temps. I'm sure the substrate was even warmer than that so they like it warm from my experience :)

#49 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Those lool very nice.:)

#50 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

is it normal for my poop to be moldy?......... or is it okay for my poo to be a little moldy, some white fuzz on it, its been in a 5 gallon buckett for months and months. can i still pasturize it? just normal temp? help me out guys, thanks!

proly just firefang
see http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=5675

http://mycotopia.net...15&d=1130887195

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!