• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 copernicus

copernicus

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hello all, been soaking WBS for two days now, waiting on some LC's to finish. How long is too long to soak WBS? :bow:

#2 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Damn...thats a long time.
24 hours is the longest I have ever soaked any grain.
Are you changing the water daily, fridge storing it?

Seems like they would be too soggy after that long of a time. ?

#3 copernicus

copernicus

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

Na, im not changing the water or friding it, well, it is in my garage and its about 50 to 60 degrees, so its somewhat cold. I have heard of people soaking for 48 hours but i think thats prob the longest i would want to go. think the wbs would be okay if i went ahead and sterilized it in jars. i only ask because its going to be at least a week before have enough lc to knock them up, i do have a spore syringe ready to go, i might just go ahead and pc the whole shebang, leave the jars in the ic for a week or so and possibly knock a few up with the syringe. how long would the pc'd jars stay good before i am able to knock em up with lc? thanks for the reply coyote.

#4 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

checkout lazlos grain tek.

also, you can get away with a one hour soak. then pc 1.5 hours and boom your done. really easy. i do a one hour boiling water soak. then rinse. then strain. then put in jars and pc 1.5 hours. shake after cool. inoc next day.

#5 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

Id do like eats said. Check out Lazlos tek.

I wouldn't use those jars.

#6 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

some folks always have to do it the long way to get 100% good results

24 soak,wash, drain, simmer for 20 min,wash, drain, load, pc for 2 hours at 15 psi

#7 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

If you soak grain long enough so that it sprouts, it will not do as well in the pressure cooker. Sprouting can occur after 48 hours, so check your grain before you do anything.

#8 copernicus

copernicus

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

cool cool. thanks for all the responses fellas. yeah, ill probably do another batch of seed. checked it last night and nothing had germinated yet but its still sitting in water right now as we speak, so by the time i actually get enough lc to knock em up ill be growing plants in my soak bucket. got a 30 lb bag of the stuff so i have plenty. i read lazlo's tek a while back and i get mixed signals on whether to simmer or not, i was tryin to get away without doing it because i have alot a grain. im using the schmega's ( i think it was schmega) soaking/straining bucket technique. what if i kept pouring boiling water into the bucket and straining it for a few hours, then let it soak over night?
thanks again peeps, not to sound cheesy but this is a great community, props to everyone.

p.s. floppypeter, love your avatar.

#9 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

ty fir the compliment

There sure are a lot of different ways to prep WBS. Whatever one works best for you is the one you should use. Unfortunately, the fastest way to find what way works best for you is failure. After having to re-do a few batches of jars and throw away wasted materials, you should find a method that suits you.

#10 copernicus

copernicus

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

right on, failed twice now, think it was due to bad spores though, they sat in my mailbox for about 5 hours in a 103 degree heat. got prints and a syringe from ralphster this go round, got ants in my pants, want to get this ball rollin...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!