• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

Just a couple of EQ trays from a clone I took a while back. The trays are 50/50 Horse manure and Wheat Straw in kitty litter trays spawned from BRF cakes. They have a 1 inch thick casing layer that is 50/50 verm/peat with lime added from right PH. Something strange I have noticed about this strain is that It doesnt like being dunked!! Each time I dunk the substrate for a couple of hours the pins start to form and then they abort. I ripped up the substrate of one tray and noticed it was very very wet...it would dripp water when I squeezed it. On the outside though I could see healthy looking mycelium. I dont know It just puzzles me. I guess it was just too wet...I think from now on I will just mist and scrape the casing layer instead of dunk and hopefully I can have more than one flush. Here are some pics of the two pinning trays. I will post some more as they mature.

By the way Do any of you out there dunk your cased bulk substrates or do you just scrape and mist?? Any feed back would be needed as I really want more than one flush with these guys.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ecquador 005.jpg
  • Ecquador 004.jpg
  • Ecquador 003.jpg
  • Ecquador 002.jpg
  • Ecquador 001.jpg

#2 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

Very nice looking pins, man! I scrape with a fork and mist inbetween flushes, but many dunk with great success.

#3 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:59 AM

lookin' nice Bob! big substrates, I don't dunk I recase and mist like heck for about 3-4 days after the flush.

Smaller subs of poo I dunk and recase usually. Lately I haven't been casing the poo much.

#4 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the Info guys....I just really didnt know wheather I should dunk or mist. I guess I will mist and scrape then see what happens.

#5 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:53 PM

Looks good man! Unless the substrates very hard after the flush and has lost its ability to soak up water quickly, i'd just recase it with good, moist casing material. After it's been allowed to heal up for a day after the casing layer has been cleaned off from the first flush. If the substrates hard and has started to shrink up and pull away from the sides of the tub or tray, then you'll have to dunk it to force feed it moisture for 12 hours or so.

#6 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:45 PM

I would definately like to see more pics as these littertrays mature!

#7 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:35 PM

Here are some updated pics I think they will be ready to harvest by tommorow morning. One of these trays fruited just like I hoped with total surface coverage but the other didnt do so well but I have no complaints.......EQ is a great all round strain. Like DDD says they are the Northern Lights of Cubensis.:greenboun

Attached Thumbnails

• Ecquador 1 005.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 004.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 002.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 003.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 001.jpg

#8 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

Gorgous lookin fruits. Looks like a pretty decent clone in that 1st tray.

#9 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

Beautiful fruits!

"Northern Lights of Cubensis." Now that's a similie I can relate to!

#10 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:28 AM

Ok Here are some of the final preharvest shot. HGope yal enjoy.!!:)

Attached Thumbnails

• Ecquador 1 004.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 003.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 002.jpg
  • Ecquador 1 001.jpg

#11 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

very nice looking shrooms!

#12 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

Great flushes Bob! Very nice clone in the first tray!!!! Those kitty trays really are a great size for poo subs.

I like the Ecuador fruits also!

#13 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

Yes I have been really impressed with this EQ clone. I have cloned before abut havent resulte like these. All in all this is one I need to preserve for the future. Does anyone know away to store LC Clones(Not Agar) for future uses. I have tries the fridge but Everytime they die or something from the time I store them in the fridge to the time I innoculate new jars they never recover or grow.....Do not work!! Do the airport technique need to be applied to the LC Clone to add fresh filtered air periodically during storage in the fridge. Any advice would be appreciated.

#14 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

I can't personaly comment on how effective this is, but take a look at:

http://mycotopia.net...s/5/181570.html

#15 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

Here are a couple of shots of two first flush EQ kitty litter trays....they are the same clone as the others on this thread.

Attached Thumbnails

• EQ 005.jpg
  • EQ 003.jpg
  • EQ 001.jpg
  • EQ 002.jpg

#16 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

Nice fruits Bob!

My EQ's fell over like that too. Its like they come so close off the top of the sub and casing that they aren't rooted deep enough to hold the weight of the huge caps and stems they put out.

Yours trays and casings look nice and healthy :)

#17 agentstone

agentstone

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

Nice fruits.
I just wanted to add that a possible reason that your trays are "very very wet" after you dunk is that you have a little too much manure. In my experience manure tends to get soggy more than straw.
I would also try and let it drain a little longer.
:smokin:

-Stone

#18 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:20 AM

holy god thats a nice flush

#19 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:48 PM

Thanks. These EQ are very potent I would say compared to the last few I have tried. The last two trays are fixing to flush again and I will post some more pics as they are ready.:eusa_danc

#20 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:20 AM

In my experience manure tends to get soggy more than straw.

Yeah, I have only started using manure and think I messed it up by over dunking, it got very wet. In future I will weigh my tray before the first fruiting and add water until it is nearly up to that weight again. If your tray is too big to weigh you could weigh your shrooms and maybe add back 90% of their weight as water to the trays.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!