4 replies to this topic

#1 Alfer

Alfer

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hello folks,

I've gone through a billion kratom preperations, but here is a way to make tea that is stronger than the traditional method if you're willing to wait for an overnight soak. Original article on the subject with more detail.

Mix pure lime juice and kratom powder (3 teaspoons kratom per cup of tea you want to make)into a paste and spread in a thin layer across the bottom of a baking dish. Loosely cover dish with a towel and leave in the fridge overnight.

Bring ~10 ounces of water per desired cup of tea to a soft boil and add the paste. Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Turn off heat, move pot to cool burner & allow to steep for 15 minutes.

Once cool enough to drink, add sugar and honey or use the Ablix method with the resulting tea. Do not strain. You can use a thick straw if you hate the grit.

Hurray! The result is better than the traditional double boiled teas. It won't make you dance unless you were kinda dancy to begin with, but I would say it feels ~30% to 50% stronger. Makes you want to write a giant fucking post about how you make superior tea at 2am.

A lot of people ask "if mitragynine is not water soluble, why do people who drink filtered tea notice effects?" The alkaloids that aren't water soluble get to you from plant fats/oils in traditional methods where the kratom is strained. The problem is those fats & oils can only become so saturated, and not necessarily with what you want. Other alkaloids are leached to water in the boiling, but to me they just aren't very enjoyable on their own.

In this method the lime juice becomes saturated with alkaloids and you still get the benefits of boiling as well. It is far from perfect but it IS better if you aren't in a hurry. The low heat has numerous benefits, such as not destroying or evaporating fragile elements of kratom awesomeness such as 7-ohm.

Also, you can make a lot of paste and store it in the freezer between two foil sheets and just break off a chunk to throw in a coffee mug full of hot water & nuke whenever you want a fast cup of tea. I've even frozen the tea itself.

#2 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

Welcome to the forum Alfer..:)
I do like the pre-soak idea ..I use an ascorbic acid solution to make the tea..
Have not noticed any degradation from extended boiling however..Most of that boiling
is to reduce volume rather than extract..

Guess my main question would be , if your also consuming the original powder ,then what's the point of making a tea...?
You could simply mix with OJ and chug..

#3 mrpanda

mrpanda

It is big and I am clever

• Expired Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

I put mine in gel caps and just eat it. :)

#4 cherrylimeade

cherrylimeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

i still can't figure dosage out, i've yet to find a dose, large or small, that even REMOTELY makes me feel like an opiate high.

the extract i have however, has staved off true opiate withdrawals and shortened the hell, making my withdrawal symptoms last 3 days ONLY instead of a week or two.

#5 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

A spoon and a glass of water for me.... does boiling in lemon somehow make more alkaloids available to the digestive tract? I suppose it's possible, but that's an awful lot of work if you aren't even going to strain. I prefer to shorten the ingestion by just hucking it down my throat and chasing with good 'ol agua... once you learn the trick of getting the powder on the back of your tongue and not all in your mouth, it's really quite easy :)

soliver

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!