• eatyualive likes this

#23 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

anyway, more supercake malabar strain. 3" sub depth of strawnet/verm/coir/hpoo. equal parts. no casing

this 64 quart tub believe it or not was an 11oz harvest dry. 321 grams exactly. excellent results. also this is a clone. light direction horrible.

:headbang:supercake:headbang:

this will probably be one of those never ending threads lol..

Attached Thumbnails

• malsc6.jpg
  • malsc3.jpg
  • malsc4.jpg
  • malsc5.jpg
  • malsc.jpg
  • malsc2.jpg

#24 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Supercake, supercake, does whatever a supercake does....:teeth:

Attached Thumbnails

• spider-pig.jpg

#25 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

didn't know where to add this. the difference in yield was 3 fold overnight. here was the difference usually about 4z per bin increased to about 11.5 per.

4 quarts spawn were used to two turkey tins of substrate. 1/2 cup supercake was used but it had a higher content of bee pollen and just slightly higher content of yeast.

the reason being, the yeast was added at a high ratio by accident by a 1:1:1:1:1:1:1 ratio when the supercake mix was made. after that the formula was increased a few times with everything but yeast. the yeast was causing a few contams with certain strains but is now showing some heavy strength. a higher amount of bee pollen and kelp meal were added than other ingredients.

appearance may seem regular but i assure you the yield is heavy. it actually came out total to 326 grams dry yield one flush. the 321 was an estimate as a few large fruits were drying.

#26 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Wow eats that's a nice malabar clone. :teeth:
You sir, have the magic touch!

#27 dream

dream

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

I notice you say that you've got two turkey roaster bins worth per tub but you say later that your sub depth is 3 inches. Where you talking about two different tubs? The reason I ask is that I've been debating with myself this very question. Sub depth that is. With the dub tubs I've got going so far (I know you switched) I've been adding only one large turkey roaster worth of substrate which is about 2.5 inches in my 66qt tubs, but I've been wondering if it pays to go twice as deep. Guess there's only one way to find out but I thought I'd ask....

#28 Howard Esteban

Howard Esteban

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

damn. That's cool

#29 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I notice you say that you've got two turkey roaster bins worth per tub but you say later that your sub depth is 3 inches. Where you talking about two different tubs? The reason I ask is that I've been debating with myself this very question. Sub depth that is. With the dub tubs I've got going so far (I know you switched) I've been adding only one large turkey roaster worth of substrate which is about 2.5 inches in my 66qt tubs, but I've been wondering if it pays to go twice as deep. Guess there's only one way to find out but I thought I'd ask....

i use 64 quart iris tubs. it may vary on sub depth depending on how tight you pack down your turkey tins with subs. i let mine pasteurize really loosely in each turkey tin. probably add a bit more if i run out of room in the tin and there is some leftover sub.

you will hear tons of arguments on sub depth and all that. sandman i think likes 4-5 inches. ive suggested to some to up the spawn ratio and sub depth depending on the situation. but if you pay attention to prior runs. you will start to notice what your perfect sub depth is. mine used to be 2" max. thats only about 1.5 turkey tins full maybe at most. but now ive upped it to 2 turkey tins per bin. with 4 to 5 quarts spawn that make it hit 3-3.5" mark.

you will get ten different answers on sub depth. but personally i feel you don't need a casing. and a 3" at deepest sub depth is perfect. its more efficient. at least in the setup i run. this may vary depending on your setup. in 3" i can get yield higher than some people who do 5" sub depth with 1/2" casings. so i say whats the point of casing and whats the point of using another inch of substrate? make sense?

but it is all relative. strains, temps, environments all play into this factor. sometimes nature just kicks ass, sometimes it doesn't.

#30 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

comparing the pics from spore works id say now that this is definitely burma. the pins look exactly the same.

#31 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey Eats, great thread man. Thanks for the supercake work !!!!!

1/2 cup of supercake formula mixed in directly with the substrate.

the volume of substrate is 4 turkey tins worth. 2 per bin. this equates to 1/4 cup supercake formula per bin. im sure you could use more but thats just what i did.

that 1/2 cup of supercake formula is the dry mix correct ?
What type of water are u using to hydrate..lake water ? Have u ever used Earth Juice in combo with the supercake mix... just curious.

MAN...thats a sweeeet flush the bro. :bow:

Respect,
LSD

#32 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hey Eats, great thread man. Thanks for the supercake work !!!!!

that 1/2 cup of supercake formula is the dry mix correct ?
What type of water are u using to hydrate..lake water ? Have u ever used Earth Juice in combo with the supercake mix... just curious.

MAN...thats a sweeeet flush the bro. :bow:

Respect,
LSD

yes dry mix. tap water.

i just use the mix as a bulk additive. its like mushry roids!

below is the 2nd flush. it was a bit slow like about a week to pin again. normally there are so many primordia that fruits pop up a day or two later. but this burma strain doesn't have many pins and most mature and get giant.

this burma from sporeworks and tasmanian strain from ralphstersspores. are the best genes on the net for cubes.

Attached Thumbnails

• burma3.jpg
  • burma1.jpg
  • burma2.jpg

#33 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

also, doesn't look like it but thats probably 6z dry once done. estimate but real dense, real giant. dry down real heavy great strain.

#34 mycophone

mycophone

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

Gah. That's all I can say. Really interesting thread, thanks.

#35 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

nice burma, don't see it much
  • thick50 and tex like this

#36 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

nice little cluster

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg

#37 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

wowsers -
that second flush is oober thick...eye popping monsters there man. You've got some 7 gram dried "grandfather mushrooms" from that supercake mix !

What an inspiration !!! Thanks for the answer about the mix and the genetics update. My head is spining and remembering batches of "monster tea" that DID the trick.

nice little cluster

I agree , but thats a little monster cluster ....IMO. again, Thank you.
:eusa_clap

LSD
  • tex likes this

#38 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

holy shit eats
i bet if rev was still around he would have some challenge with those big ass shrooms of his
those are huge!!! :amazed:
  • tex likes this

#39 tex

tex

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Damn those are all huge!!

:eusa_clap

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!