• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grave

grave

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:16 PM

i have been chatting with a few folks here that have been shafted by a few jerkoffs in a trade.

eh it happens, no way to tell the other guys intentions.

but here are a few tips you should follow when trading.

1)is the guy a longstanding member? or a new member with 2 posts? seems like a lot of the people ripping people off start a new name and then do it, then just dissapear. this doesnt mean that the small post guy is gonna rip you off, but most longterm members here are pretty trustworthy.(as a general rule)

2)can the person you are trading with be vouched for? has he traded with others before, how did it go? a lot of actively trading members here have a few happy people that they did a trade with that will vouch for them. there are a few members here that it is easy to see they complete trades quickly and with no shinanigans.

3)and this is one that most people dont ask for but really really should.
ask the person you are trading with to get a tracking number for the package. it costs seriously .51 cents on their end, and they can still remain annonymous. there is a difference between a package that needs to be signed for (not what your asking for), and a delivery confrimation number that just tells you where the package is enroute, and that it was delivered. it safeguards both parties. after the package is sent, all you have to do is Personal message the other party with the tracking number. then they can just go to the site (usps , ups, fed ex) and check up on the item.
the person sending knows that the package made it there (so the person cant say it didnt and get another package free)
the person waiting knows that at least SOMETHING was sent their way, and knows the status on it the whole time.

i really suggest people using the third step, it will save you a lot of headaches, especially for large trades like high numbers of syringes and such. now if you want to ask for it for just one print..thats on you. but hey....51 cents, cant go wrong.

hope this helps

#2 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:55 PM

From now on Iam gonna get anyone new to "Topia" to send me thier end of the deal first and when I recieve thier part of the deal I will send mine.I have made about 9-10 good trades here at "Topia" with only one trade gone bad Posted Image.Its really to bad that theres a few idiots that can ruin such a good thing especially since prints basically cost nothing.I guess ya live and ya learn.

Maybe we can do like sporelab and post a good traders list.Posted Image

#3 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:18 PM

I was thinking about something like that on the new board... something like a traders rating or something that would tag along with the user id. The problem is that if someone makes a new account it would have a 0 traders rating and they could trade and ditch just as easily. We could also restrict trading to only members of a certian post count... but not with this board software...

Just some ideas... Posted Image

#4 Guest_hidra_*

Guest_hidra_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

kinda like the karma on og?

#5 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

Something like that.

#6 Guest_hidra_*

Guest_hidra_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

could be good

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,069 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

New board???

#8 Guest_disco_*

Guest_disco_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

Just curious, but what have you guys been scammed out of? Cash, something else with an intrinsic value to members of this board?

Just thought it'd make an interesting conversation piece.

I go scammed once, but not on a trade. I lost $179 for an online sale. Never recieved the product

#9 grave

grave

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:20 PM

paypal has a good safeguard against that disco
i know most dont like to use paypal
but for regular purchases
you have 30 days to say HEY I DIDNT GET IT..or whatever
and they look into it
and if they get no response , or the person cant prove you got it, you get your money back

#10 bipolar

bipolar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

I got scammed out of a syringe and as was said earlier when I tried to send the scammer a message he'd deleted his account. The other syringes were duds. One set had black stuff growing in it and the other didn't produce anything in cakes or karo. No more trades for me!!

#11 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,069 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck bipolar... I NEVER have been ripped on a trade here.

#12 grave

grave

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

bipolar dont let it ruin your trading experiences on here.
there ARE some very trustworthy traders on here
who are more than willing to bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy
i totally understand your disgust, and just thinking that the same guy that rips people off is probably lurking now reading this thread kinda makes me sick.

but you cant let a bad apple ruin your experience here with us.
i hope one day you do trust enough again to trade.

#13 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I've been ripped on a few and have mentioned it to friends that post on OG and they tell me that the karma rating is a nice thing to have. I've never lost much, a few syringes, a few prints, most trades work great.

#14 Guest_disco_*

Guest_disco_*

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Kewl info guys.

Grave, my transaction was for K so Paypal didnt come into play. It was purely a cash transaction.

Ive always had good luck in the past. I had a connection for GHB that was gold. I had no probs sending him $500 plus. I guess its all in the game

#15 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

bipolar dont let it ruin your trading experiences on here.
there ARE some very trustworthy traders on here
who are more than willing to bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy
i totally understand your disgust, and just thinking that the same guy that rips people off is probably lurking now reading this thread kinda makes me sick.
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Best thing to do is talk to Hip and get these fools Ip banned so they cant come back (at least with thier IP)and continue to rip people off.

And Bi-Polar there is many good peeps here,Ive made 9-10 trades since Christmas and only I bad transaction so far (the other guy didnt come through),If ya wanna trade lemme know.

(Message edited by cutty on January 14, 2005)

#16 Guest_batteriesnotincluded_*

Guest_batteriesnotincluded_*

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

what is OG? just curious.

#17 Guest_tejas_bob_*

Guest_tejas_bob_*

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:32 PM

www.overgrow.com

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!