• 40,642 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

it's been my experience that every mushroom is unique
and no two are exactly equal in potency,
regradless of strain/age.

as for pf's claim
it is easy to see that there must, even if he is partially correct,
be a point at which the mushroom is
too young/too small to contain much magic.

further
the difference in potency
if there is one
is quite minor and hardly worth all the fuss
pf is making.

there is no need for any new poll,
just look thru the hundreds of pictures of shrooms
in our archives/vaults here and see for yourself
how important the people seem to think
pf's theory really is.

of course
he will just say that everyone posting here, or anywhere really,
are all just clueless newbies and he knows better than us ALL.
so bow down muthafuckas
:lol:

#22 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:01 AM

OK So let me tell you a true story.
Many years ago I had a good friend who hung out in the night clubs and would check out the bands. He was a drug dealer and always had good weed and blow and turned the cats on.
I gave him shrooms all the time. Eventually he got wind of the superiority of the young pre sporulation dried shrooms and the aborts.
One night he showed up and told me that out of curiosity he ate one ugly little abort that had a lot of blueing on it. He told me it absolutely bashed him.
From then on, all he wanted from me was small preveil openeing shrooms and aborts. For that, he would always turn me on at my gigs with great weed and good blow.
I had much reward for knowing the truth about the differing levels of potency in the shrooms. And it involveds principles and not some shotgun fashion variability. There is variability, but the variability follows a pattern, and the pattern is - young presporulation intact veil specimens and uncontaminated aborts are superior to BIG GORGEOUS B+'s.
I always thought that real good magic shroom growers grow for the TRIP power and not the appearance of the shrooms. Because once those shrooms are being chewed up - appearance aint for shit - and neither is this worthless debate with the inexperienced.
The Prof

#23 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

blah blah blah.
i'm also of the opinion
that the truly great ones
don't get caught.
and i won't be taking lessons
from the ones who do get busted.
you lost your game, pf..
you are an embarrassment to yourself, man.
try to show some class.
btw
i'm not even bothering to argue
about the potency issue,
i'm just pointing out the obvious flaws
in your underlying assumptions.
folks can believe whatever they want,
matters not a whit to me
:lol:

About being caught???? Didn't Dr. Alexander Shulgin get raided by the D.E.A. and got in big trouble????? So does that make him an idiot?? There are many medical weed growers that get caught all the time and do jail time. Does that mean they are bogus? What about that guy who several years ago had his beautiful PEYOTE garden raided (forgot his name) in Arizona and got in big trouble and lost a lot because of it? Was he an ass hole?
And about believing what ever you want? Look at yourself, man, and look hard if you can.
So I lost my game? Only on the web can that happen, because the web is the lousiest place to have an intelligent debate. It is way to slow for that. But we try don't we. Look how long it took me to win the debate between HAWKEYE and SHAFT and all of those ass holes at the SHROOMERY about how fucking great the B+ was and what a poisonous piece of shit the PF CLASSIC is - and what a lousy grow tek the PF TEK was in comparison to HAWKEYES amazing casing (while he still utilized the PF TEK). That took a few years to finally finish. But I was proven right. I got lots of fans on this web site and even you are a fan of mine. You just like to throw your weight around because you are the big boss. So I respect that and don't flame you. But you flame me by holding me bust against me. I am a warrior at least in your class and I got way more battle scars than you. I got a shroom growing FELONY and I didn't do time for it. So is that bad also, or do you think I should have done time? Sometimes I believe that you wished I would have gone to prison like all the other losers you seem to like refering to (those that get busted).
The Prof

#24 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:20 AM

OH yeah, I just remembered the name of the PEYOTE grower in ARIZONA that was raided and the pigs destroyed his PEYOTE garden. His name was LOUIE MERCADO (or something close to that) - he was of Indian heritage and he claimed he had a religious right to grow the schedule one CACTUS. Well, I don't know what the outcome of his case was, but he lost his wonderous garden and probably a lot of money etc.
And according to old HIP - I guess MERCADO was a loser moron because he got CAUGHT!!!!! MERCADO is a shaman warrior and HIP is a web site adminstrator, there is a big difference.
The Prof

#25 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:22 AM

One more thing - I predict HIP will tire of my hammering his accusations and will delete this thread. So go ahead hip - delete it! I don't give a wits ass.
LOVE AND PEACE
The Prof

#26 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,778 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:50 AM

I dont think it will be deleted Prof

#27 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

I dont think it will be deleted Prof

OK. thanx for that good word - I appreciate it and don't want to be censored. But I have this question for HIP and you all. I started this thread with the intention of bringing up the observation from the NEWSCAST which had some nice video closeups of the growing shrooms, the drying shrooms and the bagged shrooms and they all were young presporulation gnarly little shrooms. That really hit me home hard and I brought that up for everybodies enlightenment. It was just an observation - and I have watched the video several times and I am glad I got the video, because I can be sure I am not bullshiting about what I am seeing - there it is - in full color!!!
So then Hippie comes in and starts throwing personal attacks and accusations about me and my intentions and all of that. So then I get sucked right into the vortex and start argueing the unarguable.
So where did I go wrong with this thread????? Why did Hippie start with the personal attacks? What do you people think? Sure I refered to my old statements about the young shrooms, but fuck, it's true! Why is it that I am suppossedly doing an ego thing or trying to magnify myself? Well I do magnify my PF TEK - but so what? THe PF TEK is still the tek by which all other teks are compared and most of the so called "new" teks are just variations of the PF TEK _ like the FLAT CAKE TEK or that rediculous pain in the ass tek - THE CHRONIC TEK using quart jars as terrariums (which is so awckward, why in the fuck would anyone do that when they can just use an aquarium or plastic box.) So what I magnify is not ME. Who am I? I am just words on your computer screen. If I want to be magnified, I go and play a gig and rock the audience which I still do. But here, on the OMC and this website - I mean nothing but words on your screen. But My PF TEK is something that lives. Everytime you mix up some brown rice powder and vermiculite - there I am in the spirit - my creation the PF TEK. But as far as me goes - I am not there. And so hip brings ME into it with personal attacks. Do any of you get it?
Love and peace and all of that good shit
The Prof

#28 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:23 AM

OH I just really remembered that ARIZONA guy with the Indian heritage that got busted really bad several years ago for his peyote garden. His name was LEO MERCARDO (That is about as close as I can remember). But because he got "caught" - hippie refers to him as a some kind of a loser. Yeah and I got caught - not dealing drugs but selling legal spores and enlightening the world with my PF TEK and bringing shrooms to the people by the thousands. And it is still growing because the PF TEK is the written word. But of course, I'm a loser because I got "caught". Maybe me being caught had to do with the lying feds and their hatred for the entheogens and the ancient religion. Remember the HOLY ROMAN INQUISITION? GALILLEO got "caught" too. I guess that makes him a loser in Hip's opinion.
Do you people get it????????????????????????????????????????????
With respect to those that have an ear to understand.
The Prof

#29 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,778 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:30 AM

I tend to agree with the young before veil starts tearing aspect as far as potency especially after this weekend
I hadnt dosed in a long time due to personal issues and like most people abused shrooms in the past so i was kinda skeptical about dosing in public
I was at our Rennisance festival and only ate 3 smallish barely mature PF Classics and really didnt expect to feel very much
It turned into one of my most enjoyable shroom experiances ever

I wont get into attacks of personal differances or any of that other stuff because i think its detrimental to the whole aspect of the shroom experiance
I will say this: I enjoy reading what you and Hippie type and think its just a differance of opinions, nothing more nothing less

Ive seen what Hippie locks/deletes and really dont think he will censor anything in this thread

#30 MNL

MNL

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:13 AM

tussen de 15.000 en 18.000 kilo verse paddestoelen per jaar

LINK[PROCARE.NL]

Procare, the major grower in the Netherlands (between 15,000 and 18,000 kilo/year production) sells all shrooms with a closed cap, veil unbroken. I don't know if thats for potency or appearance - but the largest commercial producer of magic mushrooms sells them closed.

Attached Thumbnails

• normal_vuilezijde.jpg
  • normal_amazonian XTC 50 gram.jpg
  • boris.jpg

#31 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:15 AM

i can think of a real good reason why a commercial grower
would prefer them closed-
they pack together better.
full open caps are bulky,
and fragile once dried
so you end up with bags of broken caps and fragments.
less visual appeal.

pf you went astray because you broke the rules of scientific evidence,
and got mad when it was pointed out to you.

one cannot prove your potency theory
by citing some unknown guy's busted grow op
as 'proof'.
for every example of a guy who picks pre-veil rupture
there's another guy doing it after.
neither example proves anything
except their personal preference/practices.

#32 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

I kind of said it before, it seemed to me that it common knowledge amongst growers that presporulation is best.

Also, the "proof" for that cannot logically be that someone does it, but a scientific experiment.

So, to answer your question Prof, I felt when I read your initial post that you were trying to make yourself seem like the one who discovered this, which isn't to say you might not have been one of the first to spread the word about it, and that noone would believe you until this video came out about some big grower doing it. I felt you were beating a dead horse so to speak on this one. I think it was Roger who pointed out that Psilocybin production stops when the sporulation begins.

On the other hand, I don't know why Hip has to get personal on this, or why he argues that there is no significant potency difference except that which would exist anyway.
I don't know how much weight a shroom can take on after sporulation, but if a shroom weighs 5 grams dry presporulation then gains another 1 grams after it opens up, thats 1 more gram you have to eat for the same effect.
edit: in a half that would mean 3 less grams of potency if my math is right, or one trip less per half oz
And that seems to stem from a fact, although I don't know who discovered that psilly production stops with sporulation, unless hip can show where noone has proven this.

#33 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:27 AM

i know of no such 'proof'.
do you ?
i'm of the opinion
that if one took batches of shrooms grown
from clone under identical conditions
the only variable being harvest time,
one batch picked pre-veil rupture
the other picked post-veil rupture,
and ground them into powder
loading capsules
and performed a double-blind test
on volunteers
people could not reliable tell
which was which.
i'm open to any evidence that
shows that to be false.

#34 MNL

MNL

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:37 AM

i can think of a real good reason why a commercial grower
would prefer them closed-
they pack together better.
full open caps are bulky,
and fragile once dried
so you end up with bags of broken caps and fragments.
less visual appeal.

Totally, for appearance.

#35 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:54 AM

by the way, pf-
i'll tell you why debates with you
almost always turn sour-
it's because of two things you inevitably do-
you use foul and abusive language
and you always seek to minimize your opponents'
experience/credentials as a way to undermine their argument.
that in itself is a personal attack.

you describe me, for example,
as some inexperienced newbie who just happens
to run this site.
but
i've developed many useful teks in wide use today,
even part of your own tek is based on my invitro work.
look now at the poll on dunking-
twice as many dunk as do DE case,
and dunking is my baby.

so when you persist in attacking me
and in fact
anyone who might have even a minor difference of opinion with you
by portraying them as clueless fucking newbies
i daresay you should by now have learned to expect
a rather brutal response.
which is what you got here.
seems to be the only way to reach you.

#36 711

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:08 AM

I still don't see how seeing a bust on the news where a guy grew them closed veill proves anything. It could be true but last time I checked people used facts and results from controlled evperiments to determine most things in question. To say "see theres the proof" and just point to someone doing it doesn't really prove anything. How about I find some pics on the net of someomes grow with open caps, and say "see that proves that open caps are better cuz that guy is doing them that way." Do you see how that isn't really proof now? People would gladly except almost any claim made here as long as there was sufficient tests run and the results were posted for everyone to see, no one is being stubborn or rude, we are just saying that you are connecting A to C without having any B. Show them proof and they will be the first to agree, but untill someone crunches the numbers it will just be an unproven topic of debate.

#37 chimpy

chimpy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:13 AM

just a side note. they dont sell dried shrooms, that is when it turns illegal.
but they do look tidier without opened caps and spores everywhere

#38 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

never let it be said that i stood in the way of knowledge,
i created the requested polling thread
here-
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=5646

let the people speak...

#39 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

to document my statement on pf's argument technique
i call attention to exhibit A
on the 9th line of pf's first post in this thread
he says

all the so called mushroom trippers on line

right there he fired the first shot,
he denigrated all of us in a brief clause of a sentence
before anyone got a word out.
and yet he wonders why it gets personal...

#40 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

Hee Hee. Poll. What a good idea!.......... :p

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!