• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gambit

Gambit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

So I'm having a little trouble keeping my "room" perfect as far as temp and RH. I was trolling Craigslist and came across an ad for a used baby incubator. I started searching and reading and it sounds absolutely perfect!!! Digital controls for both heat (up to 90) and RH up to 90. I know that the RH is a little low, but PC will find a way to grow! There's nothing else to hook up...no plastic, tyvek, polyfil, blah....blah. Comes with all hoses, hepa filter for air circulation....all the bells and whistles!!! I'm stoked, but figured I would run it by all you in case any of you have tried it before or if you could foresee any problems with using such a device. Cost is only $200. New, they look to cost upwards of 1k for that particular model. Comments pleeeze!!

#2 karmakraze

karmakraze

Amature Mycologist

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

I think that would definitely make your growing more maintain free. Might want to put the hepa on a timer so that the humidity wouldn't suffer. Other than that it sounds like a great investment are U useing it for incubation or for FC?

#3 Jigalow

Jigalow

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

Thats the shit, if ya get it post some pics please!

#4 Jigalow

Jigalow

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

Like this ???

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1228086890

Attached Files

#5 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

Get it- it's perfect!

#6 Joe Balls

Joe Balls

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

Freaking sweet.

#7 Gambit

Gambit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

its just like the pic above, but not as...well....new. I called and it is available. I drove down a few minutes ago and took a look. It works, it's clean and it's mine!!!( once I go get it with a truck). I'll post a few pics when its up and running. It came with HEPA refills and every hose and such. It is an Isolette C-86 Incubator. Due that I have a Trich problem with ALL of my Rye grain, I will use it for my FC and see what happens. I already have an ad on CL looking for another one!!! Hell, I'll take two!!

#8 karmakraze

karmakraze

Amature Mycologist

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

nice score iam thinking of using 5 gallon ice cream buckets you can stack them and the cheap. Hope to see some pics of your new adventure. Karma.K

#9 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

Isolette, that's good stuff. Quick Google search shows what it's worth.

#10 Gambit

Gambit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

That's what I was thinking! New it was 1300!!!! It is a couple years old and you can tell its been used....but taken care of. Gotta b better than a Martha!!!!!

#11 Skatterman420

Skatterman420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Awesome find, you could fit lots of casings in one of those!

#12 Gambit

Gambit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

thats what I figured, but that would be for a really big grow. i mostly do it for me and my buds....maybe a little trade for smoke here and there. But it'll be there just in case!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!