• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

OK lets start this by saying for all you new comers to the world of the cactus. This tea method will create a very potent tea and it will rock ya. So if you proceed. You have been warned.

For all you experienced Cacti brethern maybe this method might give you a new light on making cactus tea. My dad taught this to me (and I added some tricks to it) as he picked it up in peru or somewhere down there. I find that it works very well and makes a very potent tea.

Things Required:

• 2 nice big Pots Or One pot and a deep fryer
  • Some Cactus
  • A potato Smasher or a quart jar (or anything with a fairly flat bottom that you can smash with. I didn't show it in the pic as it can pretty much be anything that is clean with a flat bottom)
  • A Strainer
  • Some Window Screen
  • Some Water
  • And a nice sharp kicthen knife

P1010078.JPG

Ok Step 1: Get you some cacti

This can be san pedro, Torch or my personal favorite Bridgesii. They can be obtained from BBB or KT botanicals I use bridgesii as I find it to be the most potent of all the trich cacti with all things being equal. I know that there are those that will argue that they perfer pedro or torch but, alas This is my preference and BBB sells a good product.

Remember that 600 to 800 grams is a good starter dose 800 to 1200 Moderate, 1200 being on the HIGH side, then 1300 and above being Heavy doses of course the more cactus you add the harder the trip will be.

I only used 1000 grams here as I am bioassying a new cactus and Thank god I only used 1000 grams of this cactus. A 1000 grams can also be a MINDBLOWING dose as with cactus every cutting and cactus if buying them you are playing the potency roulette wheel, sometimes its empty and sometimes its completly loaded. This one blew my fucking mind.

P1010018.JPG

P1010001.JPG

Step 2: Preparing the cactus for the Tea

Slice the cactus cuttings into thin slices (approx 1/4 to 3/8" thick, can be up to 1/2" thick but, thats pushing it) then quarter or dice each slice (dicing is better the smaller the pieces the better this will turn out).

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

Now place the diced cactus into a nice big pot or deep fryer that will hold the material and the water required.

P1010008.JPG

Step 3: Making the Tea:

Cover your cactus material with twice the water there is flesh.
Keep the orginal water level the same thoughout the teaing process.

P1010010.JPG

Turn your stove on Medium to Medium high and allow to boil hard for one hour (You want the water at about 230 to 240 F (100 to 115 C). I like the deep frier cause I can set the temp at which the water will boil)

P1010012.JPG

P1010015.JPG

After one hour use the potato smasher, quart jar filled about half way with water with lid on lid (lid doesn't have to be on but, its better on the hands) or anything with a clean flat bottom on it and mash the cactus material up real good. Take the pot off the stove and set it on a table for this (in a deep frier how ever you just smash it in that). The heating elements of the stove can be damaged if done while pot is still on the elements. For deep frier just disconnect the thermostat from the frier and allow boiling to stop.

Give it 15 or so good hard presses while turning your hand.

P1010016.JPG

After the cactus has been smashed place pot back onto heat or in deep fried plug thermostat back in. After this smash every half hour or so.

The cactus can be stirred every 10 or 15 minutes to ensure none of the cactus flesh burns on the bottom.

The water doesn't need to be strained until it's saturated with alkaliods.

Unsaturated

P1010019.JPG

Saturated

P1010048.JPG

Step 4: Straining:
This is a very simple process. You will need the strainer, screens and the pot that isn't currently being used to cook in.

Place screens inside strainer criss cross them

P1010034.JPG

Then place that Strainer in the Clean pot

P1010035.JPG

Now, pour the tea with flesh into the strainer. Remember with deep frier disconnect the thermostat first.

P1010037.JPG

Now press out all the remaining liquid out of the flesh. This is done to get out all water that contains alkaliods out of the flesh.

P1010038.JPG

After filtering dump flesh back into cooking pot or deep frier

P1010040.JPG

Now fill the pot or deep frier back up with twice the amount of water that there is flesh

P1010041.JPG

Repeat steps 3 and 4 two to 3 more times. This way all the alkaliods are pulled from the cactus flesh. You will know you have all the alkaliods out of the flesh when it looks very very light and the flesh doesn't have a bitter taste

Fresh Flesh

P1011006.JPG

Used Flesh - The used flesh should look like the below pic or perhaps a bit lighter depending on how many pulls. The pic below is from the 3rd pull. The flesh should be lighter if a forth pull is done. During the forth pull more often, This can be done on the 3rd pull but, seems more effective on the 4th as the water is cleaner and there isn't as many alkaliods in the flesh as there would have been from the 3rd pull, so the water can absorb the last bit of them. Again, the flesh should taste blan, no bitterness, if the flesh is still bitter there are still more alkaliods left.

P1010055.JPG

Step 7 Reducing:

After the teaing phase there should be around a half gallon and above of tea in the reduction pot. Well, thats entirely to much teea to drink, so we reduce.
Place the reduction pot on the stove and boil at same temp as the flesh was or higher if using a deepfrier dump the reduction pot into the deep frier. Place the stove on MEDHI to HI or at about 250 (121 C) or so on the deepfrier.

P1010057.JPG

P1010058.JPG

P1010060.JPG

P1010063.JPG

P1010063.JPG

P1010064.JPG

P1010070.JPG

Once the tea has reduced to say a pint of less its a good idea to reduce the heat to MED on the stove or about 212 or 215 (100 to 101 C) on the deepfrier. Stir as the final reduction takes place, This will prevent burning the alkaliods.

P1010069.JPG

P1010066.JPG

P1010072.JPG

Once you have reduced it down to the level you want, a cup of less. Allow to cool and SLAM that shit, and off ye shall go.

The Finished Tea

P1010074.JPG

P1010076.JPG

Edited by Sidestreet, 10 September 2016 - 03:34 PM.

• eastwood, Cornfield, EmmisonJ and 4 others like this

#2 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

I reduced a half gallon into a pint and drank it at 7 30am and its 830 am now and I already feel the body high, shits is beinging to change colors, and the walls are breating and moving so perhaps this might be a good one after all LOL.

#3 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• OG VIP
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Doesnt get any better than that....i wanna try some of the brew...:)

#4 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

Breakfast of champions spocht_2.gif

Cool write up.:thumbup:

#5 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

what I am seeing and feelin at this very moment, it feel like the universal has opened up and I feel as thought I am apart of that which is whole.

This is most diffently a voyage that should be undertaken by all who seek the knowledge of the greater.

#6 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

for those that are about to embark on this journey I salutee you. I could sit here and try to explain to you what this is like, but, its a bunch of meaningless blabber and in no way will it explain to you where I am and what I am feeling, This is something I would recomend for everyone though. You simply must try the cactus. There is no trip that matches it. SO to understand the cactus experience I would say its something that must be undertaken to understand. Although once you are there you will know LOL you will know.
  • av8or likes this

#7 entheogenetics

entheogenetics

Tengu Yamabushi

• Expired Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

Very nice Irishlion, thanks. But I'm confused about dosage. Are you saying you drank 24in worth of bridgesii? I was under the impression that 6in is good for a decent trip. Can you reduce in the crock pot or will that take too long?

#8 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

it is man but, as you will notice about me I am a extremist in my dosages I like to have my mind warped some peeps don't thats just me

but one cutting of bridgesii is enough for 2 good doses or one killer dose

#9 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Right On Brother... I used your tek last weekend. Reduced it.......split 3 feet of it with a brother of mine. I agree...it's so smooth of a come on and...OMG you can work with this wonderful plant. The beholder of the liquid can truley see why this beautiful creation is used as medicine, 18 inches (about 1 1/2 lbs.) isn't too much either. [did u just do 4 feet of bridgessi ? ---weee doggie.]

About 3-1/2 hours after comsuming the cactus ,we dropped 200 mics each of Dr. Hofmann's elixer. This added an INCREDIBLE boost..... the entire room was in flames, with what seemed like an endless amount of faces and animals being birthed within the flames. 20 foot long snakes, alien objects and....... oh yeah, massive inhalations of glass like crystals of the D. Unbelievable...thanks to your tea we got big balls and really broke through. D lasts A LONG TIME when you're stacking it like that....Goddamnit !!!!!!! I love you !!!

Peace my brother , may you journey well and arrive safely.

EASY TEK
  • Rhyno likes this

#10 entheogenetics

entheogenetics

Tengu Yamabushi

• Expired Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

Thanks again Irish. So you still seem pretty coherent for taking a giant dose :drk: haha. So do you have high tolerance or does cacti not carry away your mind the same way shrooms do?

#11 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

LOL no my friend I am coherant due to my tollerance and cactus does allow one to maintain contorl of themselves not like psil at all my friend not like it at all.

#12 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,999 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

When it comes to Cactus and Tea you are the Master Irish.
I look forward to trying some tea from the Bridgesii variety and seeing how different it is from P.Torch.
I have made Tar and Extracted Mesc but still haven't tripped like I did when I just made tea. By far better/stronger visuals. I still have to experiment more as I am pretty new to the cactus still, but so far have had the best results w/ the tea. Luckily it doesn't seem to mess w/ my stomach too bad as it seems that tea might be the best method for me. Especially since I seem to have a hardhead unfortunately. The non Mesc alkaloids seem to potentiate the experience as Extracted Mesc was strangely weak to me so far. And after reading experiences here and at the Nook was expecting to have my socks blown off :lol:
Anyways, it sounds like you had a great time that day Irish. I love deep, fulfilling trips the best. Some of the best decisions I have made for myself have come from the understanding brought from these substances.

#13 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

seems like an ideal method. is this scalable? hlaf all the quantities for half the dose, double them for dbl dose etc? thanks, hope you're still feeling the magic

#14 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

seems like an ideal method. is this scalable? hlaf all the quantities for half the dose, double them for dbl dose etc? thanks, hope you're still feeling the magic

Yes my friend they are scable and condenseable and I am most diffently still feeling the magic.

May I be so bold as to say this, for those of u that think when you are tripping you can't focus and can't maintain then perhaps yawl aren't on the right substance or perhaps you are just used to psil effects as it can overwhelm your ability to reason and logical thought. Cactus isn't like that at all.

The cactus experience is clean, free spirited, and above all PURE.

You can always maintain on cactus and if you have taken a dose to which you can't Please take me with you.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:46 AM.

#15 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

is all this correct? 1 gallon for 4 feet of brig... a noob to mesc would prob want half a foot for a first try to weight the experience...so 6 inch of brig with 1 pint of water...could be reduced to 4 ounces...but 1 pint might be easier to get down than 4 ounces of concentrate...best to consume over the course of 30 mins

#16 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

is all this correct? 1 gallon for 4 feet of brig... a noob to mesc would prob want half a foot for a first try to weight the experience...so 6 inch of brig with 1 pint of water...could be reduced to 4 ounces...but 1 pint might be easier to get down than 4 ounces of concentrate...best to consume over the course of 30 mins

Best thing to do with tea is drink it all at once. I have found that trying to sip it over a prolonged period of time makes that putrid taste that much worse. LOL

And to be honest I would say make a tea with a full cutting then reduce it to whatever is best for you. But, I do promise that you WILL like the results if you use a full cutting as I said friend you can always maintain on cactus, thats one of its beauties man.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:47 AM.

#17 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

Best thing to do with tea is drink it all at once.

I agree. Chug it and get it over with.

And to be honest I would say make a tea with a full cutting then reduce it to whatever is best for you. But, I do promise that you WILL like the results if you use a full cutting as I said freind you can always maintain on cactus, thats one of its beauties man.

I agree with the full cutting advice.
Maybe you could more clearly define the size. After reviewing the questions above, there seems to be some confusion regarding how much raw material was used and how much of the finished product you ingested.
I do tea using 700 grams of raw material. More or less one cutting, fourteen inches long, three inches in diameter.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#18 hungryjim

hungryjim

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Nice write-up, Irish! You are THE man!!!____HJ

#19 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member