Killer Writeup Irish!

#22 Cornfield

Cornfield

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Good stuff bro!

how much cactus is it going to take me to absolutely trip my face off?

#23 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Cornfield, remember how much you did last time? Take that and multiply by TWO! That will definately make you trip your face off.

#24 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

Cornfield, remember how much you did last time? Take that and multiply by TWO! That will definately make you trip your face off.

Lmao yeah I gotta agree with cuts that 2 smaller 12" cuttings or one nice big fat 12" cutting corn would hit you just right bro. But, you might wanna reduce it down to a pint after all is said and done. As it won't be to thick, and not very hard on your stomach. I made my mom a glass of tea last night from a single cutting around 12 inches about 3 in diamter. I boiled the material 3 times and then reduced all that down into one pint and she drank it and didn't have the slightest bit of nausea nor did she vomit. But, she did do one thing LMAO she tripped her lil ass off. Said my floor was dancing and was alive and shit It was fucking hilarious. She had a great time though.

#25 LSDarkstar

LSDarkstar

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

Irishlion ..... What a good son !!!

:eusa_clap now thats how things should be. Learn from your elders and then giving back, this is beautiful bro. Simplicity at work here folks .... :thumbup:.
  • Shadowlord and Irishlion like this

#26 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

Irishlion ..... What a good son !!!

:eusa_clap now thats how things should be. Learn from your elders and then giving back, this is beautiful bro. Simplicity at work here folks .... :thumbup:.

thanks darkstar, Yeah she had a really good time man. She was in awe of the cactus thats fo sho.

#27 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nice writeup Irishlion :bow:

Archive Material > Mesc Cacti & Succulents
  • Shadowlord likes this

#28 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hmm...Irish, so you say you got the 10 12"inch cuttings of bridgesii achuma for $120? Definately gotta order me some :teeth:

#29 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yeppers straight from BBB!:cacti:

#30 whackenstack

whackenstack

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

I got a couple of questions. Why do you not blend/puree the cactus what does mashing provide that blending doesent? It was mentioned to me in another post that citric acid altered the alkaloid profile. What concentation of citric acid was used? I used 3g/L for a pH approx 2.5
Thanks just learning got a lot of questions. If I can get similar results with out the acid hell I wont bother with it LOL.

#31 Renz

Renz

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

so Irish, How much do you recommend using? 1 foot or 2? :cacti:
  • Shadowlord likes this

#32 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

I got a couple of questions. Why do you not blend/puree the cactus what does mashing provide that blending doesent? It was mentioned to me in another post that citric acid altered the alkaloid profile. What concentation of citric acid was used? I used 3g/L for a pH approx 2.5
Thanks just learning got a lot of questions. If I can get similar results with out the acid hell I wont bother with it LOL.

The reason That I don't perfer to use citric acid is due to how it seems to effect that alkaliods in the cacti. I used approxmently the same mix perhaps a lil stonger. I found that the tea once completed seemed to have lost a lil of its umph or strength. I base this on personal experience alone with using citric acid.

I don't puree the cactus as it makes a very sediment style tea that you have to use a absorbant filter for, which in turn absorbs the heavier akaliods as they pass though and weakens the over all strength of the tea, and also it makes it very thick and extremely hard to keep in ones body. This is of course my opinion and my experience but, experience I do have in this matter.

The reason I smash the cacti as per puree is the smashing will press out the alkaliods out of the cactus flesh and will be absorbed into the water as the cactus flesh becomes soft and sponge like when as it is cooked and will still keep the water like the consistancy of tea making it very easy to swallow and hold down. Not to mention it will rock ya lil world for ya.

I also use a second pot and boil the flesh 3 to 4 times. I do this as the first boiling will only get out 40 to 50% of the alkaliods out of a particular cutting. If your cactus flesh still has a darker green color to it, that means you still have alkaliods in it and should reboil, press and drain again into your reduction pot. I know that this seems like a lot of work but, once you take that full second pot and reduce your liquid down into a pint and its still nice and thin and not thick and drink it and it doesn't make you want to instantly vomit you will know where that extra work came in.

I promise you this, if you do this method, no chemicals required and it makes about the puritest and most natural tea you can get. Trust me on this drink one pint of this tea and you WILL thank me later. Also I perfer a dose of Fresh cacti that ranges in the kilo range or 1000 to 1200 grams. Again I say this is MY perfered dose and if you are new to cactus then start with around 700 as MYC said.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#33 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

so Irish, How much do you recommend using? 1 foot or 2? :cacti:

One 12 cutting approximently 3 to 4 inches in diameter. If you have some 12 inch cuttings that are smaller say 12 inches long and 1 1/2 to 2 inches then I would use 1 1/2 to 2 of them for optimal effect as I think every one should get the full effect of this lovely plant. I

am in no way saying that if you are new to cactus you should go out and get 2 cuttings and make this tea as it can scare the hell out of you. Noobs should use a single 12" cutting perhaps 1 1/2 inches in diameter as this will give you a nice first ride and not overwhelm you. Now if you are a experienced tripper then Max that shit out and take the ride of your life.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:57 AM.

#34 limentroll

limentroll

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

Awesome pictorial! I plan on using this method in the near future, and was wondering if I could substitute cheese cloth for the window screen?

#35 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

One 12 cutting approximently 3 to 4 inches in diameter....

I'm assuming this is for Bridgesii. What would you say for pedro?

#36 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'm assuming this is for Bridgesii. What would you say for pedro?

I cannot speak for Irish, but I would say you'd want at least 2 to 2 1/2 feet of pedro to get about the same effect as that dose he said of bridgesii.

#37 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

hmmm, sounds like I need to get me some Bridgesii :eusa_thin

#38 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

nice write up and brew :thumbup::cacti:

#39 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. I usually use a cotton clothe.

#40 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Awesome pictorial! I plan on using this method in the near future, and was wondering if I could substitute cheese cloth for the window screen?

the reason for using a strainer and window screen versus cheese cloth is the fact that the cheese cloth in itself is an absorbant and instead of it being strained through it will absorb the Mesculine.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!