• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#41 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

Ah yes, very good reason to use a strainer.

#42 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

I cannot speak for Irish, but I would say you'd want at least 2 to 2 1/2 feet of pedro to get about the same effect as that dose he said of bridgesii.

Cuts you are absoluately right.:cacti:
  • cuts likes this

#43 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

i might be wrong about this, but would it not be better for people to gauge their dose based on whole wet weight Vs length/thickness? then when people say i used pedro and i used X amount and then when i used brig i used Y amount,everyone would be using the same gauge.

irish, how long would your tea be good for? "good" meaning both potent and not get rancid tasting. how long would cut up slices be good for before boiling? i ask because i'm thinking if someone have 10 cuttings and the chunks can be stored someway before using then you could cut up all 10 cuttings into chunks and mix it up helping to give a more even potency.

#44 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

i might be wrong about this, but would it not be better for people to gauge their dose based on whole wet weight Vs length/thickness? then when people say i used pedro and i used X amount and then when i used brig i used Y amount,everyone would be using the same gauge.

Would it be better to gauge on weight versus length and thickness? I suppose so yes, although I don't really weight them out as I have no scale that would weight them. I gauge them on their length, thickness and blueness. As I have found that the bluier the cactus the stonger the akaliod profile.

Fresh dosage of the 3 main trich cacti for starter doses (these are one person doses and fresh wet weight)

Pedro approx 1600 grams

Torch approx 1000 to 1200 grams

Bridgesii approx 600 to 800 grams

These are good starter doses for peeps wanting to get the "feel" for mescline. Although if you reach and snatch ahold of a really stressed cacti no matter what kind its gonna knock your block off.

irish, how long would your tea be good for? "good" meaning both potent and not get rancid tasting.

If you put it in the fridge I would say probally a couple weeks as it would be in a sealed container but, the tea will mold and be good for nothing but, extracting. So if storing for more then a week please freeze the tea. its almost impossible for it to really loose potency. But, the rancid/putrid taste LOL thats just something you can't get rid of.

how long would cut up slices be good for before boiling? i ask because i'm thinking if someone have 10 cuttings and the chunks can be stored someway before using then you could cut up all 10 cuttings into chunks and mix it up helping to give a more even potency.

Why not just freeze them? Wrap them up and freeze them as it would also help the cellular walls bust releasing the akaliods into the tea better.

You can also dry them as well. Cut them up into 1" thick slices remove the fibery core only and put them into a oven pan with some tinfoil and bake at 250.. Or just slap them into the dehydrator.

Hope this Helps answer your questions man

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:25 AM.

#45 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

all good answers thanks. i was leaning towards drying them in a dehydrator already but was wondering if there was a preferded reason to did it while fresh.

as bluer/more stress/ better cactus. if you have one growing what can you do to prepare it for harvest that would result in a more potent cactus? i have a 3 foot fat pedro and a 3+ ft thinner torch growing in a pot that i'm sure i'll harvest someday, but if i can do things in the mean time that will make it better then i don't see why not :)

and i think i know the answer to this, but since i think this will end up in the archive lets make it offical. when you gave your starter dose weight for the diff cacti, those were fresh WHOLE weights correct? so you would harvest and cut up and weigh out your dose, then prepare or de-core/dry etc etc.

#46 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

The more you stress your cacti, the stronger it will be. If you water it just enough for it not to shrivel up, and have slightly cooler climate for your cacti that will add to potency. There are many factors that can make it more or less potent.

#47 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

Nice writeup, Irishlion!
I tend to gravitate towards about 1200g fresh.

#48 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

all good answers thanks. i was leaning towards drying them in a dehydrator already but was wondering if there was a preferded reason to did it while fresh.

The reason I use only fresh cacti versus dried, is that it is easier to work with is all and of course anything fresh is always better when making a tea

as bluer/more stress/ better cactus. if you have one growing what can you do to prepare it for harvest that would result in a more potent cactus?

As Cuts said

The more you stress your cacti, the stronger it will be. If you water it just enough for it not to shrivel up, and have slightly cooler climate for your cacti that will add to potency. There are many factors that can make it more or less potent.

He is Very correct.

when you gave your starter dose weight for the diff cacti, those were fresh WHOLE weights correct?

Yes, As you can see below

[COLOR=red]Fresh dosage of the 3 main trich cacti for starter doses (these are one person doses and fresh wet weight)

Pedro approx 1600 grams

Torch approx 1000 to 1200 grams

Bridgesii approx 600 to 800 grams

so you would harvest and cut up and weigh out your dose, then prepare or de-core/dry etc etc.

To get a better more acruate weight it would be better to slice the cactus cutting you are using decore it then weigh it. IF you are + or - a lil it will not hurt anything but, + is always better.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:28 AM.

#49 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

Nice writeup, Irishlion!
I tend to gravitate towards about 1200g fresh.

As do I bro, makes a very very potent tea if done right and your cactus is good.

The Above doses are for newcomers to cactus so it doesn't freak them out and they can get a nice feel for it ya know.

#50 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

archive material

#51 Umbo

Umbo

Mycology is Yourcology

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Man that thread just inspired me to take the
plunge into cacti... :teeth:

#52 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Word. Tea time..

One lump or two?

#53 Zozo

Zozo

The green paladin

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:05 AM

Hey Irish, great info.
I will try I like to ask about the trip time.
I see it's take an hour to start, do I need to prepare myself ? fast before ?
Is there a problem with vomit before it start ?

How long it will take ? If I will take (I have San Pedro) 600g or 1000g it will be stronger or longer ? (or both)

Thanks in advance
zozo

#54 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

Hey Irish, great info.
I will try I like to ask about the trip time.

Trip time ranges from roughly 8 hours to 16 to even longer depending of dosage.

I see it's take an hour to start, do I need to prepare myself ? fast before ?

can take up to 3 hours to kick in. I always fast before I trip, like 12 hours or so, that way its comes on quicker and stronger.

Is there a problem with vomit before it start ?

With this method not so much at all if you reduce it down to a pint or cup and drink. Don't try to sip that shit either, take it all at once BAM.

How long it will take ? If I will take (I have San Pedro) 600g or 1000g it will be stronger or longer ? (or both)

Pedro is weak IMO so 1000 fresh grams is your best bet and you might wanna slip in a couple grams of some syrian rue to that mix. Provided you are not taking any SSRI's (anti depressants) the Maoi is not required but, will most diffently help pedro along.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:32 AM.

• Zozo likes this

#55 Zozo

Zozo

The green paladin

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

Thanks a lot :bow::bow:

Trip time ranges from roughly 8 hours to 16 to even longer depending of dosage.

very important need free two days ...

can take up to 3 hours to kick in. I always fast before I trip, like 12 hours or so, that way its comes on quicker and stronger.

ye I will fast 3 hours is a long time to wait

With this method no very much at all if you reduce it down to a pint or cup and drink. Don't try to sip that shit either, take it all at once BAM.

So it's like taking a shot so I will reduce it to half a pint. to take a pint in a shot it's harder

Pedro is weak IMO so 1000 fresh grams is your best bet and you might wanna slip in a couple grams of some syrian rue to that mix. Provided you are not taking any SSRI's (anti deppersants) the Maoi is not required but, will most diffently help pedro along.

I will take a 1000g fresh but I will not add the MAOI in my first time.
I will try it as it is ...

Thanks for the help
zozo

#56 bbd2

bbd2

eNtheogen psychonautical voyager navigator

• Free Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Pedro is weak IMO so 1000 fresh grams is your best bet and you might wanna slip in a couple grams of some syrian rue to that mix. Provided you are not taking any SSRI's (anti deppersants) the Maoi is not required but, will most diffently help pedro along.

how does the maoi change the trip for you?

#57 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

how does the maoi change the trip for you?

The maoi will help prevent such a rapid breakdown and disposal of the mescaline in your body. As bridgesii has 2 natural maois in it Kaempferol and Quercetin while pedro has none, so thats why bridgesii is so much stronger and not to mention that it produces more mescaline per cappi then pedro does, the maoi damn sure can't hurt the pedro tea thats for sure and IMO its makes the pedro stronger.

The Maoi really doesn't change the trip per say just again prevents such rapid disposal of the mescaline so a lil can turn into a lot if you will.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#58 Red Monk

Red Monk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I have a 12" trichoceries inermis (won it here at 'topia in 2004 !) that i'm gonna try this method on . I've never made cactus tea before . This cactus has some pretty heavy duty spines on it.......do they have to be removed first ? What about the outer skin , and the core....leave it all ?
Thanks for the great write-up Irishlion ! :loveeyes:

#59 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have a 12" trichoceries inermis (won it here at 'topia in 2004 !) that i'm gonna try this method on . I've never made cactus tea before . This cactus has some pretty heavy duty spines on it.......do they have to be removed first ? What about the outer skin , and the core....leave it all ?
Thanks for the great write-up Irishlion ! :loveeyes:

Red Monk definitely remove the spines first. but, leave the rest for the tea and just do the steps as my old man has posted and you're ready to go....

Hope you have a wonder trip! Let us know how it went.:heart:

#60 Red Monk

Red Monk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Shroomette ! One more question : I'm about to start the last step of the process (reducing down to a pint) . The large jars of cactus juice have a bit of sludge on the bottom . Should I pour it all in the reducing kettle....or leave the sludge behind ? When we make Ayahuasca , we usually leave that stuff behind (easier on stomach) .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!