• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

I perfer to drink it all, as long as its warm and of a tea like consistancy it should be fine on your stomach, (when done evaping make sure its a lil less than a pint or a cup and then pour into a jar add 3 ice cubes and let them melt then slam it) although I personally have never drank the tea made from a trichocereus inermis please post a report of its content and trip (a bio assay), depending on potency of that cutting and its thickness, it should do you good with the whole thing. Happy trails man.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:34 AM.

#62 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

Could you use powered cactus instead of fresh?

#63 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

Could you use powered cactus instead of fresh?

Absolutely.

#64 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

how much powered cactus? 100 grams? 500 grams?...etc

#65 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Depends on how many doses you want to make. Whatever you don't use can be stored in the fridge for a week or so and can be frozen for long term storage.
Look at the dosage chart for Mescaline. It's here and at Erowid.
Ask Irish to repost his cactus alkaloid profile, but P.Torch is supposed to be roughly .887% of dry weight. So just a little under 1%
Do the math for what you have and how many doses you are trying to prepare.
60-80 g is usually a nice dose and 100g is usually enough to really give you a good trip. Any higher and you start getting into your deeper experiences.
It all depends on your weight, metabolism and how certain substances work w/ you. What might make a weak dose for one might be super heavy for another.
Order enough dried cactus to do several trips and see what your dosage is and then go from there.
Mescaline is generally pretty easy on you. Even at high doses it is pretty gentle. Not as much confusion when peaking like LSD can bring at peak.

#66 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

I have just started with 60 grams of powred torch and it is nasty slimey haha.....how to I strain this?? looks like it would just all stay in as slime!!

#67 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

I have just started with 60 grams of powred torch and it is nasty slimey haha.....how to I strain this?? looks like it would just all stay in as slime!!

well your trying to make a tea from powdered cactus so its gonna be gross, sorry but, thats true, anywho you might trying using a coffee filter, some cheese cloth or a thin shirt.

#68 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Yea I firured it would ne nasty haha, I do have 10 6 inch cuttings of bridgesii coming from BBB so next time I will be able to do this ocrrectly. I had some extra torch and want to try this before I get a new shipment in. 60 grams enough to get a good body high for someone that isn't hard headed??

#69 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Yea I firured it would ne nasty haha, I do have 10 6 inch cuttings of bridgesii coming from BBB so next time I will be able to do this ocrrectly. I had some extra torch and want to try this before I get a new shipment in. 60 grams enough to get a good body high for someone that isn't hard headed??

yeah, should work, but, 90 would be better

#70 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

I tend to over do things on my dosages....I really like the visuals and what not that go along with a good trip....never tripped mescal tho only shrooms....so i'm thinking a 12 inch cutting of bridgesii for my first ride.....to much??? I would compare my last cubie trip with an outta body experience....not sure how many grams I ate cause I ate more after i started tripping but I started with something like 5 grams......I had a fuckin awesome time!! lol

#71 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

I tend to over do things on my dosages....I really like the visuals and what not that go along with a good trip....never tripped mescal tho only shrooms....so i'm thinking a 12 inch cutting of bridgesii for my first ride.....to much??? I would compare my last cubie trip with an outta body experience....not sure how many grams I ate cause I ate more after i started tripping but I started with something like 5 grams......I had a fuckin awesome time!! lol

your first time yeah a foot of bridgesii will do the trick man, you'll want say a cutting 12" long and maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick, that should get you to where you want to go. If you have bridgesii why even bother with the torch powder man, just extract the mesc from it and use the bridgesii for all your tea endeavors.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:36 AM.

#72 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

well I thought about that after I put it in the water to boil it.....hahaha. im stuck with it at this point and dont really want to waste it...i know i know:eusa_wall

#73 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

well I thought about that after I put it in the water to boil it.....hahaha. im stuck with it at this point and dont really want to waste it...i know i know:eusa_wall

indeed, well I hope you have a great ride brother, how much u boiling?

#74 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

What I had left over....60 grams...basicly just to do something with it because I will be ordering bridgesii from now on.

#75 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

cool that should give you a descent lil ride, although not sure how hat torch tea powder will react in your stomach, but, good luck man.

Edited by Irishlion, 19 January 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#76 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thanks man, and yea your right the torch is prolly gonna be hard on my stomach. nonetheless it will give me something to do for a while tonight :)

#77 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Strain it through a T-shirt as best as possible and then re-simmer the material to make sure you get it all and then reduce to a nice quick-chuggable size.
The material should be almost white/colorless when you toss it.
60 might not blow your mind but you should get enough to make it worth doing. You should certainly feel it. Even a hardhead like myself should feel 60g.
Make sure you don't have any issues w/ MAOIs and if not enjoy your Bridgesii's! Just make sure you order enough at one time for several doses. The cuttings can vary in potency. Make a large batch of tea so that all the tea is equally potent. Freeze doses that are going to be kept for more than a week or so. Best of luck to you!
:cacti:

#78 synth

synth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

sweet writeup and pics =]

maybe i'll give it a try again some time, idk...
i'm not sure i can stomach it. drink that... delightful sludge down and you're a trooper!

#79 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

Absolutely.

Just a little heads up.....the idea of making a tea from powdered cactus is a TERRIBLE idea...it is nearly impossible to strain even with a thin coffee filter. The shit looks like it would kill you if you drank it and on top of that it's a fuckin mess!!!!

So just in case you was thinking of doin a tea from powdered cactus DONT DO IT!!! It's not worth it!!!:mistrust::eusa_snoo

#80 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

Just a little heads up.....the idea of making a tea from powdered cactus is a TERRIBLE idea...it is nearly impossible to strain even with a thin coffee filter. The shit looks like it would kill you if you drank it and on top of that it's a fuckin mess!!!!

So just in case you was thinking of doin a tea from powdered cactus DONT DO IT!!! It's not worth it!!!:mistrust::eusa_snoo

That's why I suggested straining it through a T-shirt.
If you get chips don't powder them but tea can be made from powder, it is just harder to strain.
You asked if it can be done that way, not if it was the best way. You can eat the cactus too but not many do that.

And since you didn't have enough to do any true extractions, your only options were tea which is hard to drink down. Or to cap up that powder. If you didn't like swilling the tea, your stomach would have appreciated all those caps popping in your stomach even less.
Especially when you consider it is hard to get more than 1g in each cap and you end up having to take roughly 60-80 caps.

Nobody said it would be easy.

:cacti:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!