181 replies to this topic

#81 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

sweet writeup and pics =]

maybe i'll give it a try again some time, idk...
i'm not sure i can stomach it. drink that... delightful sludge down and you're a trooper!

Definitely have to give the tea tek a try...... I find this tea method quite easy on the stomach. If I can tolerate it anyone can. (Has a weak stomach all the time). Good luck Tango and synth if you decide to try it on your rides.:headbang:

#82 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Yea I know you weren't stating that it was the best way or that it was easy I was just posting information to those who might read this thread and be thinking of trying this with powdered cactus.

#83 Tango0202

Tango0202

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 323 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Definitely have to give the tea tek a try...... I find this tea method quite easy on the stomach. If I can tolerate it anyone can. (Has a weak stomach all the time). Good luck Tango and synth if you decide to try it on your rides.:headbang:

When my bridgesii comes in I will most def be trying this tek :headbang::weedpoke:

#84 Zozo

Zozo

The green paladin

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:01 AM

Hi all.
Thank Irish for his help :bow:
And thank you over there for the kind cacti ... you know :bow:

I made Tea from San Pedro. I have two cuts I took the big one hope it's not to much :eusa_eh: bit scare haaa... It's my first time

Then this is the cut I choose to work with

CactiTea_01.JPG

I cut the thistle with vegetables cut same as cucumber

CactiTea_03.JPG

Then I cut to stars around one cm thick

CactiTea_04.JPG

as you see there is a circle in the middle that I need to cut out
so I cut the star to triangle

CactiTea_05.JPG

Now I can cut the edge (the white part in the middle)

CactiTea_06.JPG

not they get in a big pot with water cover the piece and add to lemon juice.
CactiTea_07.JPG

simmer it for 8 hours add some water ones.
crush it every second hour but not to small just tiny pieces

In the end when I left with small amount of water I pour it to a cotton bag for filtering the cacti pieces ... it's very hot take care ...

I give it to cool down a bit and smashing it with the bag till no water left in the bag ... it's taking time till all I left with from this cacti is not more then small pile of cacti tissue ...

Now I have around 4 caps 1 Liter of cacti tea that I would like to reduce
So I put it back to the stove ... but need to remember you must stirred don't let the sludge to stay on the pot ...

I out it in the refrigerator for the night and in a few hour I am going to check it hope I didn't made overdose did I ? :eusa_pray

anyway I will let you know tomorrow cuz I don't think I could write after I will take it.

CU then ... and thank Irish again
peace
zozo

Attached Thumbnails

• CactiTea_14.JPG
  • CactiTea_13.JPG
  • CactiTea_08.JPG
  • CactiTea_09.JPG
  • CactiTea_10.JPG
  • CactiTea_11.JPG
  • CactiTea_12.JPG
  • CactiTea_02.JPG

• Calaquendi and EmmisonJ like this

#85 Zozo

Zozo

The green paladin

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

can take up to 3 hours to kick in. I always fast before I trip, like 12 hours or so, that way its comes on quicker and stronger.

Yep, I started @16:00 finish drinking around 16:10.
not a nice thing to drink but wasn't so bad as I thought. I just swallow as much as I could took water to clean till I finish the cup.
I felt if it going in slowly and after two hours I was a bit disappointed it was too weak but only @19:10 I was in the top .... It took me time to understand the It's different the pick in lower then the shrooms but it's much longer work.

only @11:00 I started to feel it's going down and in @01:00 I was going to eat something small and to bed ... still a bit high it's took me time to sleep.

Pedro is weak IMO so 1000 fresh grams is your best bet and you might wanna slip in a couple grams of some syrian rue to that mix. Provided you are not taking any SSRI's (anti deppersants) the Maoi is not required but, will most diffently help pedro along.

thanks for pushing me to make more, I took more then 1500g of pedro and next I will take 2000g.
It wasn't a easy one, I had some hard time but it's a great work.
I had some hard time with my stomach and purgation but it felt good ... some cleaning ;)

so ok, I start learming to work with the pedro :eusa_ange

peace
zozo
  • Shadowlord likes this

#86 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

With the gram of mescaline HCl (extracted by SWIM) SWIM ate last night, the full effects lasted nearly 24 hours..

#87 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

just got my order in from BBB, Ten 12" bridgesii cuttings. They weigh on average 700g per cutting. just itchin to make some tea next time i get a minute.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#88 Chaos

Chaos

Mocksvillian

• Expired Member
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

With the gram of mescaline HCl (extracted by SWIM) SWIM ate last night, the full effects lasted nearly 24 hours..

I must be a light weight. 300MG had SWIM right for 10 hours. Of course spice is always involved.:bow:
CHAOS
  • Calaquendi likes this

#89 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

You can always maintain on cactus and if you have taken a dose to which you can't PLease take me with you.

:bow:...I love you dude. Killer writeup with pics! Fresh Bridgesii tea is looking very persuasive.

Great thread ~ thank you!

#90 procell

procell

OU812 ?

• OG VIP
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Great write up Irish, I was about to do one as well for prism1234 but now I don't have to.

I would like to add a couple of tips that we have found throughout the years.

In a effort to create a smooth end result, after removing the spines a sharp paring knife is used to cut away the waxy top skin leaving as much green as possible and the inner white pith is discarded. It's a bit more work but the end result is cleaner and is preferred by the collective.

Then the flesh is processed, via any of the cooking methods. We chop it up, put it in our trusty pressure cooker with water and begin the boil (WITH THE TOP OFF). It is boiled until the foam dissipates (approx, 45 min at a slow rolling boil) then the top is put on and it is pressure cooked for an hour. Then it is allowed to cool and is strained thru a WINE PRESS. Then back in the pot with fresh water, this is done until the pulp has no taste.

Then the batches are combined and reduced to the desired consistency. A light maple syrup. The wine press takes a lot of the particulates out and it is a nice dark green.

The final note which I always add to cactus syrup threads is to take a small bite of a piece of red onion after drinking, since it cleans the palate instantly. Then brush . . .

• Shroomette and Jose_sixpac like this

#91 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

archive material for sure!

#92 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

I agree w/ Rocket.
Great Thread for those looking into cactus tea.
Nanooks' tek in the Archives is good but there is a lot more details in this thread and the feedback is superb.
:bow:

#93 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

This tek is down right EASY, I was so surprised at how easy it was making a batch with that i just did up the other 5 right away. I would highly recomend freezing the cactus at some point during the procedure, other than that, works like a dream, ive never had cactus filter soooo damn easy, just lift up the shirt or pillow case or what have you and squeeze it for a few minutes and it gives up all the juice with very little sediment.
way to go irish:bow::eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap:bow::eusa_clap

i CAN NOT WAIT to drink this stuff... :teeth:

#94 bbd2

bbd2

eNtheogen psychonautical voyager navigator

• Free Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

:headbang: topia rules !!! :headbang:

#95 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

:headbang: topia rules !!! :headbang:

damn right it does! so does Pink Floyd

#96 Skizsm420

Skizsm420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Awesome thread/forum. SWIM recently discovered the magic of cacti and made tea from 18" of San Pedro. SWIM enjoyed the hell out of it, but would like to dive a little(or lot) deeper into the experience. SWIM Recently ordered another 18" of cacti, but this time Bridgesii after reading that it was more potent. Does anyone have an idea of how different the trip might be? I got a strong body high with slight visuals(nothing too elaborate but a lot of cool patterns/things breathing). For those of you with experience in both(on average) how much more potent is bridgesii compared to SP? Also is it just stronger, or a little different altogether?

#97 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Awesome thread/forum. SWIM recently discovered the magic of cacti and made tea from 18" of San Pedro. SWIM enjoyed the hell out of it, but would like to dive a little(or lot) deeper into the experience. SWIM Recently ordered another 18" of cacti, but this time Bridgesii after reading that it was more potent. Does anyone have an idea of how different the trip might be? I got a strong body high with slight visuals(nothing too elaborate but a lot of cool patterns/things breathing). For those of you with experience in both(on average) how much more potent is bridgesii compared to SP? Also is it just stronger, or a little different altogether?

Well, IMO bridgesii is about 3 times more potent than pedro, as far as the trip is concerned yeah its by far more intense and tends to IMO have alot greater visuals than pedro almost a true 3 dimensional trip can be had with 24 inchs of good bridgesii, not saying that a OLD pedro would be weak, but, if pedro had those natrual maois in it that Bridgesii does it would diffently be a rocking cactus man, Hence why I perfer bridgesii cause of its Strength, Heres some material to read about those maois and how they also acts as anti-oxidents and can prevent brain cancers and such

As bridgesii per cappi can produce more mescaline than pedro, but, its not the amount of mescaline that makes bridgesii so much stronger its the presence of the other akaliods in bridgesii that help propergate the mescaline, as well as 2 natural reversable Maoi's Kaempferol
and Quercetin, now I know you may be like well these are flavonoids and anti-oxidents ahhhhhhhh but, they are also maois and I shall prove this

Kaempferol Maoi reference
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1335695

Quercetin
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/np060015w

There is also a 3rd Maoi said to be present in bridgesii

isoquinoline

here is its reference
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T4P-3YXBT6C-5H&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=16450f9e41ae98daccdb888851a73f1b

also here is the reference to Kaempferol and Quercetin being flavonoids and antioxidents and can also prevent certain cancers, so not only do you get a GREAT trip off this cactus but, it is throughly good for you as well

Kaempferol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaempferol

Quercetin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin

Heres a List of the know active alkliods of bridgesii to also help you see whats in it and why it is such a strong cactus

T.bridgesii Possible traditional use Total alkaloids 50mg/100g fresh
Mescaline 25mg/100g fresh
3-Methoxytyramine
3,4-Dimethoxyphenylethylamine
Tyramine
isoquinoline
Bridgesigenin A
Bridgesigenin B
Kaempferol
Quercetin

Hope this helps
IL

#98 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

What percentage fresh material is dried equivalent? I am getting in 200 grams powder, and am wondering about dosage conversion.

#99 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

What percentage fresh material is dried equivalent? I am getting in 200 grams powder, and am wondering about dosage conversion.

We are talking dried bridgesii powder correct, A good starter dose of bridgesii skin powder would be 50 grams, a nice dose 75 and a WOW I think I took to much :thumbup: would be 100 grams, anything above that and well ummmmmmmm you know. SOMEONE HELPME I THINK I AM DYING type thing which I think would be rather cool but, thats just me LOL.

#100 Skizsm420

Skizsm420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Very interesting. There's a new energy supplement called FRS they they advertise everywhere based on quercetin as an antioxidant. I know as a kid I drank gallons of OJ thinking it would make me trip harder(on LSD/Shrooms). Don't know if it ever worked because i was always already out of my skull, but sounds like this might have a little more value. Great info.

According to UPS the shipment is 4lbs. Probably 3.75lbs of bridgesii. The SP only weighed 3lbs so it looks like SWIM has more weight of stronger cacti on its way before the weekend :headbang:

The only thing I may have missed. WIth the SP SWIM didn't remove the spines as they were small and they were just left in the solid matter at the end. Since it seems like Bridgesii has much longer spines, should they be removed before cutting? Sorry if I missed this in the original thread.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!