• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

I have finally decided to try my hand at some Florida Copes from a print I was able to trade with a good member here. I have always heard that cyans do not fruit well unless you isolate them to some degree. Being that I only have limited place and no lab with flowhood, agar, or petris.....I have decided to try and follow a tek list in the archives here at Mycotopia----> http://mycotopia.net...s/5/147159.html Fahtty Isolation/Mycelium Syringe Tek. All the basic procedure were followed as listed in the tek...but I used WBS. I then injected one single drop of spore solution in each jar I had preped. I also started a LC with one cc of LgFlCyan spore solution at the same time. The LC I have used to airport method for injecting fresh filtered air into the LC periodically. All jars have had really nice germination and fast growth. Bear in mind I have no Flowhood or supplies to do a true isolate....just want to see if I yield better off the isolate jars compared to the LC jar. When the jars finish up I will innoculate BRF jars with each live culture. I plan on making 4 large kitty litter trays of horse poo with a small amount of straw...and case with and 50/50 vermiculite/cactus soil mix casing layer with lime added for right PH. I will post some follow up pics as the process developes more. Anyone with experience testing this tek please chime cause I would love to here some success stories.

Attached Thumbnails

• Florida LGCyan 001.jpg
  • Florida LGCyan 005.jpg
  • Florida LGCyan 003.jpg
  • Florida LGCyan 002.jpg
  • Florida LGCyan 006.jpg

#2 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:15 PM

Good luck with the LgFl Bob.
Another option u have with with Pans
is to go multispore and clone a lg fruit.
Isolating cyans on agar can even be tricky.
Isolation is not as cut and dry as cubensis is.
Even vigorous substrains don't always perform
well. I prefer to let all the substrains grow out,
and hand pick a good specimen to continue propagation.

#3 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:50 PM

I dont even know if the Faffty Isolation Tek will produce an isolate or just a supply of multi spore live tissue that I can use as inoculant for some brf cakes. All in all I hope for good results. And this strain seems to be a good one.

#4 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:24 PM

I'm using fahtty's jar tec as we speak -for pan goliath ...It's a great way to test a print before commiting to a shiit load of spawn jars...
Mine have wheat grain and have knocked up about 2 dozen jars with about 70cc of LC and all is well...
I did not use any airport or filter ,so i can only withdraw one time from each grain culture jar ...
First i inject 3 35cc sterile water syringes into the jar which almost fills it up ...then retape the hole and shake the crap out of it ...the water becomes thick with all the myc....then suck it up ...u never get as much back out ,but still plenty to play with...soon as i upgrade my GB i too will try some clone material with fahtty's tec ...Gluk..

#5 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:40 PM

:)
nice work bob...
i am just as curious as you
are about your experiment..;)

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

this fellow slept in a holiday inn last night

The LC I have used to airport method for injecting fresh filtered air into the LC periodically

I did not use any airport or filter ,so i can only withdraw one time from each grain culture jar ...

this guy did not.

;)

#7 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :lol:

#8 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:21 PM

There was actually a reason for not bothering with an airport....
Because once the u extract the first LC from the jar,, your left with a soupy sludge which may not be too favorable for further myc expantion...Now i realize that may not be the case -as the jar has regrown quite well ...so next time i may just check in to"The holiday inn"...May be a good method for a re-usable clone culture ..I'll post a pic tomorrow -pre and post sludge pot....hee...

#9 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

I'm using fahtty's jar tec as we speak -for pan goliath ...It's a great way to test a print before commiting to a shiit load of spawn jars...
Mine have wheat grain and have knocked up about 2 dozen jars with about 70cc of LC and all is well...
First i inject 3 35cc sterile water syringes into the jar which almost fills it up ...then retape the hole and shake the crap out of it ...the water becomes thick with all the myc....then suck it up ...u never get as much back out ,but still plenty to play with...soon as i upgrade my GB i too will try some clone material with fahtty's tec ...Gluk..

I am glad im not the only poor fool without flowhood/agar supplies. The fahhty Ioslation tek seems be a winner. I guess we will both find out if it is even neccessary. I am still going to clone a nice beutiful Pan cyan....It just seems that it might be hard if they are only millimeters thick in the stem.

#10 panic

panic

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:29 PM

good luck w/ that guys!

#11 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

Both jars are the same age -bout 22 dayz ..The Pan Cyan jar on right was injected with sterile h2o then myc extracted in solution 6 days ago...Although the grain is very wet ,the jar recovered pretty well on the surface...So it may be pos to do multiple extractions if an airport filter is used to replace the air when the liquid is extracted...The left hand jar has yet to be tapped...

Attached Thumbnails

• wg.jpeg

#12 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:33 PM

Gotta mark this one Bob! Starting some soon myself.

#13 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

For the lgflcy go with the cottony/fuzzy mycelia when you isolate. ive done side by side with that Varity of pan to find what type works best . Time after time the cottony won. There is a thread around here that all find showing two deferent plates. Hell I can’t seem to find it (cottony vs. linear) was the thread title. But trust me the cottony spreads faster, gives larger fruits and is almost always way more uniform in appearance.
Later VII

#14 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,854 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

:)
hey golly..

First i inject 3 35cc sterile water syringes into the jar which almost fills it up ...then retape the hole and shake the crap out of it ...the water becomes thick with all the myc....then suck it up ...u never get as much back out ,but still plenty to play with

if you don't want to inject all your syringes into the grain culture jar, you can just use one or two syringes and have a second sterile jar that has just water in it where you inject the myc. syringe into that.. esp. if your myc. water is really thick.. then pull the rest of your syringes from that. that liquid will go a long way. :) you can probably make 5 or 6 good looking syringes that way. :) nawwaimean?

fahtster

#15 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

what a KEWL idea...! ....thanx faht....Have u ever propagated clone pieces in those grain jars without using agar...?

#16 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,854 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

nope, but i'm sure it could be done with a glovebox.. or even without one. just have to be quick like rick. :)

fahtster

#17 Texas_Bob

Texas_Bob

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:22 PM

Ok so today the jars had been completly colinized for a couple of days. I added the water and shook up the jar until all the mycelium was in the water....I then sucked up the myceluim laden water into two syringes from the two jars I had colonized. I then added straight water the each syringe the make them both full. I then innoculated seven brf jars with the two different syringes. I named Four jars Isolate# 1 and the other three Isolate# 2. Sorry but I dont think I should take photos yet but I will post some as soon as I see some growth. The mycelium I bothy original jars was very thin and cottony not like cubesis....I think I read where Seven said that the cottony myceluim is the type that you should look for. So hopefully We get good results. I will post some photos as they progress.:eusa_pray

#18 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

awsome...;)

#19 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

sounds like your well on ur way . yepp the cottony has done me good . the linear is always so slow my trays never reach a 100%. before they dry up or go bad . TB got a pick of the perti dishes mycila ? good luck
later VII

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!