• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• VIP
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

I have some mulungu root bark powder here for night time anxiety / hopeful reduced dependence on nicotine... any experiences with dosage? It's not an extract, just the regular brown bark powder... thanks! I'll post any findings when they're found,

:)

soliver

#2 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

interesting!
looking forward to any / all research/bioassay material you can post up for us! thanks for playin guineapig solly :teeth:

be well

#3 cheech

cheech

wizard of sorts

• Free Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

this stuff looks interesting. i'm hypertensive and always looking to nature for alternatives to pharmaceuticals. please keep us posted, soliver, on your results.

#4 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• VIP
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

Well, this stuff is certainly interesting, although not as interesting as some other stuff I've been reading in this forum (dropping toad poison onto a raw patch of burnt skin, then hiking through the Amazon for 20 days and eating monkeys, etc).

While my domestic experimentation with this substance is boring in comparison, it may be of interest to some. Per instructions, I steeped 10grams of the powder in water, 170 degrees (low low) for 30+ minutes, strained (well, sorta, the powder is hard to strain out, and I think it's good to have some of the residue in there). I also used some lemon in the tea for extraction purposes.

After drinking, I noticed effects coming on within ten minutes - very relaxing, and this sensation peaked around 35-30 minutes. I drank it around 3pm, not wanting to fall asleep and miss the ride. The rest of the day was spent dicking around the house and yard, raking leaves, making venison stew, putting up xmas lights, etc. The overall effect was extremely pleasant and, well, relaxing...

I was hoping that after drinking the tea that I would be disinclined to have a cigarette, that it would be some magic anti-smoking pill, but that was wishful thinking, I know. It didn't really slow my urge to smoke, but I can see how, if I were actively trying to quit, it would help with the nervousness. One more tool in the quit-kit!

In conclusion, I'd suggest this stuff to anyone who has a hard time relaxing, or to anyone who wants a little shift in mood. Besides actually working, which is more than I can say for my experiences with Kava, this stuff is cheap. I got a pound for $25-$30 bucks including shipping, and the dose was about 1.5 tablespoon. I'm not sure how many potential doses are in there, but it's plenty :) Next time, I'll probably up the dosage to two tablespoons.

On a side note, the relaxing effects continued on into the evening, much as if I had taken a klonapin, but without the wicked sleepies that benzos give me the next day.

For the curious, this material is available from KT Botanicals :)

#5 EmmisonJ

EmmisonJ

halcyon & on & on

• Free Member
  • 957 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

much as if I had taken a klonapin

well, i'm sold.

i have bad insomnia and found that bud is the only thing i can use constantly with no ill-effect, so i smoked daily and nightly, it had solved all my problems. i did that for years and year, well now our work does random drug tests and so i only dabble once in a while except in psychedelics b/c they don't test for those. needless to say i'm having a hard time sleeping now, tried ambien but it didn't make me tired, melatonin doesn't make me tired, etc etc, i want my bud back :(

#6 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• VIP
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

Well, it's no reefer, but it certainly worked for me... I also enjoy the MJ before bed, but if I overpuff even a little bit, I lay awake with funny thoughts...

:)

soliver

#7 tyler

tyler

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

Look for mulungu extract smeared on Pedicularis buds in the future. Its a wonderful aromatic incense to burn around the house.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dosages, mulungu

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!