64 replies to this topic

#41 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to Topia Learnerdr..
There is very little loss of potency with tea, as long as it's consumed soon after prepping..
Try simmering 1 cup apple juice + half cup water in a pot with a couple grams dry boomers [crushed]...
Simmer 25 mins then filter out the pulp...
Tastes good..
  • sagiboy likes this

#42 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

http://mycotopia.net...k-cubensis.html

thank you.
thank you.
thanks. to you!

ate 30 fresh. threw up.
ate 50 fresh. threw up.
ate 40 fresh. threw up.

made 5.6gr dry with the honey extract tek,
mixed that 2 spoons with tea. 20 min later felt like the 4th hour on good acid. and it was only 20min after drinking.

no stomack issues, nothing! felt pure,clean and so GOOD!!!
again. thank you. i was about quiting this hobby due to my belly problems.

now it`s the only method ill use. dont care about the 20% lost.
this is another league. it is PERFECT.

here some pics.

golly. i love you. :bow:

one Q.

"simmer" = min. fire? (min boiling)
read about cooking at 80C.

can you share your opinion?

p.s. and why 25min? (why not longer?)
{why not simmer for 25min, drain, and simmer again?}

Attached Thumbnails

• g4.JPG
  • g5.JPG
  • g3.JPG
  • g2.JPG
  • g1.JPG

Edited by Beast, 13 March 2009 - 01:57 PM.

#43 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

another great recipe from golly!
lol sagiboy golly is the shit eh?

#44 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

yeah man...

golly is cow shit with some spores in it. flushing with great writing and techincs.

golly, should i buy the vacum filter? is there no filter clog with it?

i used coffee filter and than went back to the original tek and took a pieace of fabric.

#45 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

Looks like a perfect run Sagi..!
Hmmm ,cow shit with spores eh..I'm flattered lol..

Simmer means there is enough heat to cause the shroom material to roll around in the convective currents but not enough to generate any steam bubbles..

25 mins is about the optimum simmer time for max extraction into tea ime..
A second run may catch a tiny bit more but never attempted that myself..
You could pour a bit more hot water thru the squeezed out pulp to re-claim left behind goodies...
The vaccum filter will clog if powder is used but works well with crushed..
For the money - just using a fine filter cloth that can be twisted works very well..
Use a non stretch material like a dress shirt..

#46 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

:bow:

one more golly.

kartom. should i get some and mixed it in?
and where from if i may ask...

can you give some info on that?

Edited by Beast, 13 March 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#47 dream

dream

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

Or any other potentiating additions for that matter. I think I read that TV used to add some readily accessible things. Have you or anyone else experimented with any potentiating additions?

#48 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

The kratom used was powdered whole leaf ,that was extracted into acidified water, then boiled down to a syrup..The syrup was mixed in with the shroom syrup..
The draw back is that a lot of energy is used to boil the k down but the results are very good..
K and a low to medium dose of mush'ms are a perfect combo imo..
Easiest to just make k tea + mush tea with apple juice and combine for immediate use..

#49 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Kratom and shrooms are like grandma and apple pie :)

When taken concurrently, the kratom mitigates the initial "shroom blues," that make one
funky at the onset, and really kicks the trip into high-gear, especially on low doses, wherein
a bad case of the yawnies can be a buzzkill :)

soliver

#50 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:20 AM

Ginkgo biloba synergizes in an interesting way with mushrooms. I think it's a mild MAOI (I read that once but could never find the source again), and the results seem to confirm some kind of effect on the trip. I ate a bunch of powdered ginkgo leaf about 30 minutes before eating a gram of dry cubensis and it felt like considerably more. Ginkgo also helps boost oxygen levels in the brain, which probably helps with the sense of increased clarity/focus it brings (even all by itself).

#51 oakchild

oakchild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

Ginkgo biloba synergizes in an interesting way with mushrooms. I think it's a mild MAOI (I read that once but could never find the source again), and the results seem to confirm some kind of effect on the trip. I ate a bunch of powdered ginkgo leaf about 30 minutes before eating a gram of dry cubensis and it felt like considerably more. Ginkgo also helps boost oxygen levels in the brain, which probably helps with the sense of increased clarity/focus it brings (even all by itself).

QFT!

I have exactly the same experience with Ginkgo! And lucky me, it grows all over the place in my neighborhood. I can just go out with a grocery bag and collect leaves and sun dry them for a few days. Throw the leaves in a coffee grinder and you have instant Ginkgo powder! I also have noticed that eating Ginkgo 30 minutes before eating Magic seems to be about right amount of time for the Ginkgo to become active at the same time as the Magic. I like to do the Ginkgo tea followed by a shroom tea, or shroom honey. Alternatively I like to powderize them in a coffee grinder and throw them into a martini shaker with some vodka and cranberry juice and shake for a few minutes. I just guzzle the whole thing down (Unfiltered). Either way works the same, but the filtered tea (and honey) is easier on the stomach.

Back on track: Ginkgo + 30 min + Shroom Tea or Cape Cod = A Stonewall Peak!

Literally. Your just hangen out normal, and you start to feel something. "Is that the alcohol starting to kick in? I'm not sure." Then:

:ballbat: BAM MOTHER FUCKER!!!

:special: :special: :special: DID ANYONE GET THE LICENCE PLATE OF THAT TRAIN THAT JUST HIT ME? :special: :special: :special:

The come on is so strong we like to call it "Stepping through the portal.", and that is exactly what it is like. It is like you just walked through a doorway and all of the sudden you are deep inside a different universe (Well with 3-4g equivelence anyway), and you turn around and the door you walked through is gone. It typically only takes about 5-10 minutes to hit.

Damn my brain is toasted right now. I should go to bed.

Blessings,
Oakchild

8-)

#52 sagiboy

sagiboy

-= Eat Em ALL =-

• Expired Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

thank you my friend for sharing this info with us.

Kratom and shrooms are like grandma and apple pie :)

lmao :teeth:

QFT!

quiet familiar thought? lol quit thinking the (same as me?) lol...
what is QTF?:eusa_eh:

i a bit confused.
rue\kartom\ginkgo?
which of those i should start mixing first?:eusa_shif
your opinions are welcomed.

im about to make some honey extract from 40gr dry, im mixing strains, B+\Palenque, is it dumb? (hehe) better to make 2? :eusa_snoo

thanks you for the info. keep sharing wisdom good ppl.:bow:

#53 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

If you mix the rue or Ginkgo into the honey, it won't have quite as noticeable an effect since they take some time to start doing their thing. I mix it in my honey recipe (Honey 1.0 I guess) but I have noticed if I eat half a spoonful then another 30 minutes later, it comes on more like 2.5-3 spoons (one spoon equals one dry gram in my mix). Eating the whole thing at once does not have that effect.

Kratom is still on my list of things to try that I haven't yet, but Soliver keeps posting things about it that make me keep putting it up higher on that list. :)

#54 oakchild

oakchild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

quiet familiar thought? lol quit thinking the (same as me?) lol...
what is QTF?:eusa_eh:

QFT == "Quoted For Truth", it is an expression on the order of I could not agree more with what you just said.

Blessings,
Oakchild

8-)

#55 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

I had similar results mixing ephederin pills (in most older herbal Es) (250-500mg per dose) into the tea or taking it aside of smaller doses..

Anyway..

Still not sure about freah extract...what does it take to denature the enzyms that cause Psylocybin to transform into Pcylocin and then oxidise)

they die of drying?
what else, alkohol does not kill them?
heat, cold, any special stuff that we can add to kill it without harming the Psilocybin (i do not care about the Psylocin it will be lost anyway)

I still dream of doing Gollys recibe directly with fresh shrooms,

since we want honey anyway why dry first (obvioulsy because we know that the encymes seem to not like being cracker dry)
(maybe the encymes die in the heat used for the reduccion (or maybe they go hyper in the heat and kill a lkot of good stuff)

any ideas..

i will have a small harvest too..and hope to try both and see if there is a potency differecne after a month (freezer...or without, die to honey and fresh to honey)

regards

I used to make fresh tea and stored it for max a month in a freezer and it was still good

#56 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

The heat should de-activate the enzymes + i think the ascorbic acid plays a roll too..
There's no reason why fresh shrooms would not work with honey extract, just insure that the final product is thick and not watery ..That way it will preserve well...

#57 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

yeah thaat would be cool, I would skip the whole drying process and could go to the good stuff at once..

Bad thing is that reducing will take much longer (since more water is required, and more water is in the mushrooms) and I will probably lose a little more goodies in the process, BUT since none is lost drying it should be equal potent.

but since we are boiling the mushrooms for about an hour (even in flat wide pans) it should kill the enzymes

but at least filtering will be easier...(because freash mushroom tissue is easier to handle)

i will let you know how it goes (no need to buy/build big dehydrator setup

how about food preservatives I read somewhere that there are good ones that stop the enzimatic process...

best regards
and your honey does rock

#58 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

you can use less water with fresh, so it shouldn't make much difference..
Interested to know how it works out..Have fun..

#59 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hi..

golly have had some fun yesterday...

problem A...

had no scale...

problem B..

was tripping

problem c..

had the stupid idea to blend the shrooms..

was a pain in the ass to filter

oh..and yes i went for the fresh to water extract tek

drank the tea like that..reduced was good..

well.....

I will get some thinks done before going on

A: a scale....really need to know how much shrooms go in the tea

it really difficult to eye ball fresh shrooms coming out of a mycobag while tripping balls and handling a huge bag of coke..

B: not blend but chop the shrooms fine

about fresh shrooms...

I repeated water extract a few times...had no straight vitmin C but a fod for thought blend with vitamin c and other stuff...and 2 pretty dry limes..

I get pure ascorbic acid...and I will add a good amout of 100% ethyl alk

yeah I had a hell of a morning...day..or something like that

actuallly I managed to dose them quite good...and acurate

still have to get the cubes dialed in coming from azures and semilanceates mostly

ok...I report back..

it was a pretty amusing szene seen from outside I am pretty sure

problem is I have a few ml of reduced frozen extract now...and do not know precily how much went in

RECORD do keep books..

#60 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

i am just doing the honey run with 500g fresh PESAs

and it is not going very good..

i am slighty to medium tripping without really wanting..becuase of licking the spon

the reducing takes much longer than ment to be

and the honey is caramelizing

tip

you really need good tools

will see how the output is but i think i lost alot bummer

will see

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!