• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 marmy

marmy

riding the roller coaster

• Expired Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

my foaf VERY first shroom was from a colonized field rye pint jar which was removed , DEC and put into a fc . actually the foaf got many decent and potent fruits from it.

#22 Smokeless

Smokeless

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

my foaf VERY first shroom was from a colonized field rye pint jar which was removed , DEC and put into a fc . actually the foaf got many decent and potent fruits from it.

with no casing?

#23 marmy

marmy

• Expired Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

dec which is in the glossary, means double end casing, where you put ( in that case, vermiculite, sphagnum peatmoss, lime, crushed oyster shell) the casing on both top and bottom. my foaf used a tuperware style container, cased the bottom, pulled the colonized spawn out and placed it on top, cased the top, stuck a pre-prepared tyvek vented lid on, and incubated it for several days, then pulled the lid off and stuck it in the fc.

All of the teks used were laborously hunted down on this site.

#24 Smokeless

Smokeless

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

dec which is in the glossary, means double end casing, where you put ( in that case, vermiculite, sphagnum peatmoss, lime, crushed oyster shell) the casing on both top and bottom. my foaf used a tuperware style container, cased the bottom, pulled the colonized spawn out and placed it on top, cased the top, stuck a pre-prepared tyvek vented lid on, and incubated it for several days, then pulled the lid off and stuck it in the fc.

All of the teks used were laborously hunted down on this site.

well its greatly appreciated let me tell you that off the bat.
:gah: this is me when im looking for teks.... but hmm a DEC huh? hmm i liek those because they have less of chance of contam

also do you know what the quantity of spawn was used?

#25 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

Ok, the amount of spawn used was 6 qt jars of colonised rye a little over half full and an equal amount of pasteurized coir mixed in a 12qt rubbermaid tub
It was then incubated at room temp (75o) for about 3 to 5 days. I usually dont have room in the incubator for the tubs so I just put the lid on and leave room temp. I fan once or twice a day after spawning. also, my tubs are painted black so not much light gets in with the lid on, but as soon as it is colonised, I remove the lid and put my top tub on so light will get in. ( I drill holes and hinge with zip ties) I usually case a day or two after that.

Here are two other ones I am doing now that are colonised but not cased yet
F+ on popcorn 50/50 pcorn/past coir

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0543.JPG
  • IMG_0538.JPG

#26 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

also, about misting, I mist when I feel I need to. I use the condensate on the top tub as a judge.
If there isnt much I mist the top tub sides and top. It can vary depending on how dry the surrounding room atmosphere is and how much FAE you have
I have had to mist everyday before and also only once or twice a week
there should always be some condensate or the myc will dry up, this is especially important before you case as the myc is exposed.

Buy a good spray bottle not a cheap piece of crap that does not spray evenly or a very fine mist as you dont want the larger water droplets just the mist.

Very good on the strain ID Smokeless :) you are correct!

#27 Smokeless

Smokeless

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Very good on the strain ID Smokeless :) you are correct!

haha nice :greenboun i got some colonising now, thanks for all the info and pics alot of help thanks all of you!:teeth:

#28 marmy

marmy

• Expired Member
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

well its greatly appreciated let me tell you that off the bat.
:gah: this is me when im looking for teks.... but hmm a DEC huh? hmm i liek those because they have less of chance of contam

also do you know what the quantity of spawn was used?

the foaf used a fully colonized pint of B+... the biggest reason it was tried was because the FOAF was impatient..

#29 Smokeless

Smokeless

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

the foaf used a fully colonized pint of B+... the biggest reason it was tried was because the FOAF was impatient..

:cool: good yield? whats the info on that? spawn, fruiting container, etc.

#30 preschooler

preschooler

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

I say mix with the hpoo and forget about casing just the rye... It would be a waist of good spawn to just case it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!