©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Pink Floyd album

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite Floyd album?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Whats your favorite Floyd album?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bigorange420

bigorange420

StoneR

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:43 AM

Im just curious to see the Topia's favorite Pink Floyd album. I know this is a hard decision for others, as it was for myself.. I settled with The Wall.

#2 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:51 AM

If I would pick a favorite Pink Floyd Album it would most definitely be "The Wall":cool:

#3 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

Heh, I was gonna make a poll for ya...

googled 'pink floyd discography'

found a list 6 pages long :eusa_doh:

I haven't heard but 5 of em or so...

I think, as an album, The Wall is their masterpiece. Though Wish You Were Here and Dark Side Of The Moon are pretty fucking awesome as well. :headbang:

ah, I see you are on top of it, excellent!
  • Coopdog likes this

#4 lionelfire

lionelfire

Keeping on

• Expired Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:26 AM

If I had to choose which one I wanted to hear right now it would be Meddle
  • fungirfriends and Ramble like this

#5 IntotheLabyrinth

IntotheLabyrinth

Lost

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

I voted for animals, but shit wish you were here the opening track blows my fucking mind! Its hard to pick just one!

#6 firerat

firerat

Very Hoppy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,882 posts

Donator

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

I choose Dark Side of the Moon. I've had many an interesting experience listening to that album, and to me, it just represents what Floyd was trying to accomplish.
  • xPore likes this

#7 mushroommaster7

mushroommaster7

mycopsychologist

• Expired Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

i think the wall is more of roger water's masterpiece....

although i voted dark side of the moon, lately i have been digging certain songs from various albums... in about this order

Fearless- meddle
Learning to fly- Mom. laps, reason
what do you want from me? -division bell
dogs, and sheep- animals
mother-the wall

i also, just got remember that night, david gilmour at the royal albert hall, dvd.... AWESOME fuckin performance, only watched 4 songs so far...

and i got his solo album in 2006, on an island... highly suggest it...

does anyone else suggest any solo albums from former members of pink floyd?
  • xPore likes this

#8 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

roger waters doing Good bye mr pink floyd was a sick show.
i voted for the wall.

#9 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

I chose Dark Side Of The Moon because my Dad played the shit out of it when it came out, I was 6. It to this day still astounds me the musical genius of these 4 men.
All of their albums are excelent!

#10 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

It was a toss up to me between Meddle and Obscured by Clouds with Animals coming in third, but id have to go with meddle.

love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy
  • fungirfriends likes this

#11 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

had to pick the darkside. ive had many a pleasant journey in my mind with that in the background. thanks floyd!

#12 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

My answer changes depending on the situation. When i'm driving at night (especially in the mountains) my favorite floyd album is Meddle because it's so surreal and i feel like i'm flying over an alien landscape ala Kubrick's 2001.

When i'm feeling a little pissy and aggressive, i have to have the Wall.

When i'm out running, Animals really does it for me for some reason. I sometimes imagine giant inflatable pigs chasing me and i run a little harder, lol.

For straight up chillaxin, definitely Darkside of the Moon or Wish you were Here.

#13 tex

tex

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Live at Pompeii

If you dont own the dvd, pick it up, best ever

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0000DBJDM
  • Soulocybin likes this

#14 bigorange420

bigorange420

StoneR

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

If I would pick a favorite Pink Floyd Album it would most definitely be "The Wall"

I think the reason is Ive tripped so many times listening to The Wall.. It's still awesome even when sober.

Heh, I was gonna make a poll for ya...

googled 'pink floyd discography'

found a list 6 pages long

I haven't heard but 5 of em or so...

I think, as an album, The Wall is their masterpiece. Though Wish You Were Here and Dark Side Of The Moon are pretty fucking awesome as well.

ah, I see you are on top of it, excellent!

I agree all the way man... If I had to choose a 2nd and 3rd fav it would be 2nd. Dark Side of The Moon
3rd. Wish You Were Here

If I had to choose which one I wanted to hear right now it would be Meddle

Interesting choice.. Echoes can be trippy

I voted for animals, but shit wish you were here the opening track blows my fucking mind! Its hard to pick just one!

Oh I know its hard to pick one, I couldnt decide between Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, but I settled with The Wall because Ive tripped to it more times than Dark Side of the Moon

I choose Dark Side of the Moon. I've had many an interesting experience listening to that album, and to me, it just represents what Floyd was trying to accomplish.

3 of my top favorites are from Dark Side of the Moon, so it's my 2nd choice.. Money, Breathe, and Brain Damage are awesome..

The beginning of the album causes spine-tingly euphoria when Im stoned, but on shrooms I have like a full body orgasm from that beginning part where you hear the heart beat

i think the wall is more of roger water's masterpiece....

although i voted dark side of the moon, lately i have been digging certain songs from various albums... in about this order

Fearless- meddle
Learning to fly- Mom. laps, reason
what do you want from me? -division bell
dogs, and sheep- animals
mother-the wall

i also, just got remember that night, david gilmour at the royal albert hall, dvd.... AWESOME fuckin performance, only watched 4 songs so far...

and i got his solo album in 2006, on an island... highly suggest it...

does anyone else suggest any solo albums from former members of pink floyd?

I like Learning to Fly, good song..

roger waters doing Good bye mr pink floyd was a sick show.
i voted for the wall.

The Wall is just a trippy album man.

I chose Dark Side Of The Moon because my Dad played the shit out of it when it came out, I was 6. It to this day still astounds me the musical genius of these 4 men.
All of their albums are excelent!

Thats awesome man, I grew up to my dad playing those same songs... You truely appreciate Floyd more when you see someone play their entire songs note for note.

It was a toss up to me between Meddle and Obscured by Clouds with Animals coming in third, but id have to go with meddle.

love, peace, compassion and respect
-wishy

Interesting choices there, whats some of your favorite songs from those albums?

had to pick the darkside. ive had many a pleasant journey in my mind with that in the background. thanks floyd!

I feel ya.. I usually have some Floyd on in the background.

My answer changes depending on the situation. When i'm driving at night (especially in the mountains) my favorite floyd album is Meddle because it's so surreal and i feel like i'm flying over an alien landscape ala Kubrick's 2001.

When i'm feeling a little pissy and aggressive, i have to have the Wall.

When i'm out running, Animals really does it for me for some reason. I sometimes imagine giant inflatable pigs chasing me and i run a little harder, lol.

For straight up chillaxin, definitely Darkside of the Moon or Wish you were Here.

The Wall always calms me down when Im pissed off/sad/etc.. Darkside is definitely a good one to just relax to.

Live at Pompeii

http://www.amazon.co..../dp/B0000DBJDM

I watched that when tripping once actually on Google video.. Didnt know you could buy it on DVD. Definitely a good watch if you like Floyd

#15 mushroommaster7

mushroommaster7

mycopsychologist

• Expired Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

that was a pretty long list of quotes! =b

#16 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:51 AM

I just had to go for Atom Heart Mother. While I can't say its my favorite album for sure, it does have 3 of my top favorite Pink Floyd songs of all time on it.

Summer of 68
If
Fat Old Sun

Those 3 songs send shivers down my spine ever single time I hear them. I would say they are in my top 6 of all Floyd songs.

:hippie:

#17 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:55 AM

Live at Pompeii

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0000DBJDM

I would agree. Best live music DVD available to me. :heartbeat I love live performance videos.

#18 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

To tell you the truth it was a toss up between them all! But The wall is probably my favorite.

#19 Guest_Longhair_*

Guest_Longhair_*

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

Been a longtime Floyd fan, have all their LP's and seen them live (including Waters and Gilmour solo tours). There's great music on every album Floyd put out...makes it hard to pick a favorite. However, I choose "Meddle" as I absolutely love "Echoes" as well as "A Pillow of Winds", "Fearless" and "One of These Days". Brilliant stuff that never gets old...

Rest in Peace, Rick :(

~Longhair

#20 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:32 AM

Too hard to pick just one. 'More' was the first Pink Floyd album I heard/owned, got it at a garage sale when I was in 5th grade. Pleased to say that all the albums in the poll are in my ipod.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!